Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2022 6:34:18 PM EDT
Fucking finally. Someone has come out with a powered helmet rail system, and there are already companies coming out with systems that integrate with it. Cuts down on the battery weight and wires running everywhere.

https://soldiersystems.net/2022/05/17/gentex-corporation-previews-advanced-concept-for-ops-core-railink-system/
https://soldiersystems.net/2022/05/17/sofic-22-core-survival/
https://soldiersystems.net/2022/05/17/sofic-22-princeton-tec/
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:41:40 PM EDT
[#1]
So to change out the battery I would have to remove the helmet rail?

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:48:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So to change out the battery I would have to remove the helmet rail?

View Quote

Based on the images, it uses the battery that traditionally is used to power your nods. So a replacement  battery would go there. And given the big Army push for a unified battery system, these will probably be some kind of rechargeable lithium battery setup.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 9:29:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Saw this setup today at SOFIC here in Tampa.  Interesting.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:01:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Saw this setup today at SOFIC here in Tampa.  Interesting.
View Quote

You saw it. Did you hold it? (Added weight?) Ask questions? Anything else you can provide from your experience?
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 7:20:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Does anyone know if the rail system is an upgrade to current helmets or if it’s a whole new helmet?

I went to a nv class and the instructor had a preproduction version for a year or more to test. Such a streamlined setup
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 9:22:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if the rail system is an upgrade to current helmets or if it’s a whole new helmet?

I went to a nv class and the instructor had a preproduction version for a year or more to test. Such a streamlined setup
View Quote

The guys that have hands on might be able to answer, but it looks like something that could be added to any helmet that fits the current rail systems.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 7:58:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Any more info?
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 9:32:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Supposed to be able to retrofit to any sf series helmet. Saw comments that the price is likely going to be $2k but idk what all is included in that.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 9:34:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Wonder if it fits the Army's new universal battery.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 11:09:06 AM EDT
[#10]
I’m admittedly ignorant to this but 2k?!  Send a bit pricey.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 9:41:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Price is stupid for what it is.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 10:43:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Is the price for just the rail? Rail and battery pack? Including the brain bucket?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top