Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2020 11:47:18 AM EDT
Just curious.  The format of the FLC is intriguing.

And I got plenty of pouches to play with
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 4:58:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Go for it on the FLC; they're still pretty cheap.

That said, I'm happy I got rid of mine. Chest rigs are far superior for most purposes.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 5:05:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I feel like an idiot, what's a FLC?
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 6:19:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Plate Carrier.....

Or chest rig...I went the FLC route originally. Was ok. But a quality chest rig is far superior...
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 8:18:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Fighting Load Carrier
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 8:36:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Fighting Load Carrier
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fighting Load Carrier

Haha dam. I think we called those LBV or Load bearing vest when I was in Boot. I never saw one again after that.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 1:05:28 PM EDT
[#6]
A really cheap plate carrier with a simple plastic sheet for some rigidity to mount molle stuff is an option for some.

The LAPG plate carrier for $60 is a place to start.  That being said, something like a Haley Strategic Micro is night and day difference for the better IF you don't need a ton of gear.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:53:45 PM EDT
[#7]
USGI FLC can be worn over minimalist plate carriers (No PALS attachment/pouches on the inner PC) , so it's a reasonably viable alternative.  Depends on ultimate goal.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 8:23:10 PM EDT
[#8]
The FLC with pouches run about 60-100 bucks, right? Im sure if you search the EE  or ebay, you can find a decent chest rig with some storage space for all your things for around the same price. The flc is kinda floppy and its hot. I use a small chest rig now over a slick carrier, and i like it for what i train for. 4 mags and a med kit will get me home.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 8:54:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I actually really like vests to throw over armor or wear by itself. The flc is my least favorite but its not bad.

I actually liked the lbv. I know the mag pouches aren't the fastest but i like having 6 mags, 2 grenades, first aid, canteens with a cup, a buttpack for a poncho, socks, grub, etc all in one. Easy on/off, better airflow, etc
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 9:00:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I prefer a chest rig to the FLC.  The FLC when worn as designed sucks a lot but if you flip the belt around so it buckles in the back its a little bit better.  Either way, the FLC has too much material and too much coverage for my liking.  A chest rig has just enough material to hold the stuff I need.  Extra fabric means more trapped heat, sweat, and more chafing.

A lot of new chest rigs can be attached to a plate carrier with swift clips too.  This is a much more streamlined solution to wearing a chest rig or FLC over armor.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 9:48:23 PM EDT
[#11]
If you already have one, work with what you got.
If you like being able to reposition setups on the same rig, FLCs are better. If you like having 2+ setups ready to swap, chest rig placards are a better choice.

Link Posted: 10/28/2020 7:31:03 PM EDT
[#12]
You can make an FLC into a chest rig by taking the back off and running it through the front belt hole so it clips in the back and turning the rear webbing around and re running it. Very easy and works well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top