Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2020 3:07:19 PM EDT
I have a drop leg Safariland rig that came with some MLS receiver plates (p/n 6004-18). I don’t have any QLS forks right now, but I’m interested in going back to them, so I called up safariland to see if I could just use the QLS forks with the MLS plates. Guy said he had been working there a while and hadn’t even heard of or seen them before. Looks like I have some old obsolete MLS plates. Is anyone using these things anymore? Should I just throw them on eBay or what?
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 3:31:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought some shotshell pouches that I think came with the fittings on the rear to fit the plates

Will see if I can find where I put them.....I think there were 2 to 3 sets or thereabouts
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 4:03:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought some shotshell pouches that I think came with the fittings on the rear to fit the plates

Will see if I can find where I put them.....I think there were 2 to 3 sets or thereabouts
View Quote

Here’s a picture of what I have:

Attachment Attached File

Odd, but it’s like a large QLS plate. Maybe the precursor to QLS? I believe the MLS molle attachment forks are still in production, but the Safariland rep said he couldn’t even find these in his system.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 11:04:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Well isnt this timely. I have a couple MLS plates, and didn't realize there was a difference. I was gonna pull the trigger on some QLS forks after dinner. Guess I'll have to rethink that one...
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 2:15:03 AM EDT
[#6]
The major performance difference is that MLS was designed for military use on MOLLE webbing (or these MLS receiver plates), and QLS was designed for civilian LE with much higher retention standards to resist a physical struggle. QLS is also smaller.

If you see an L suffix on a QLS receiver, that means it has 2 little locking studs requiring the bottom of the receiver plate to be pivoted away prior to the forks being squeezed to release them. This is an option for extra security, but I don't prefer it. Takes the Q out of QLS since it then requires both hands to release it.

MLS is handy for MOLLE gear because the forks just slide/secure into it with no need for any receiver. This lets you move your holster/accessories easily between any suitable MOLLE space or any MLS receiver plate.

MLS 15 forks are for holsters, so they're longer than MLS 16 forks (which are for accessories).
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:10:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Found the ones I mentioned earlier.
Three of them.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:17:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Found the ones I mentioned earlier.
Three of them.
View Quote
Those are ELS 34 locking forks. (ELS is like a smaller version of QLS, but for accessories).
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 11:30:20 AM EDT
[#9]
@KitBuilder,

Thanks for the education. The MLS fork may work better for my application after all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top