Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 7/21/2020 9:42:16 AM EDT
Anyone else waiting on an order from Midwest?

I am waiting on two. One from March, that said it was in production in late March and another from early June. When I ask about the order they respond with vague cookie cutter emails saying they will be caught up by September.

Order Date:

March 20th - In production March 26th - still waiting on delivery
June 3rd - waiting on delivery
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 11:41:58 AM EDT
[#1]
June 20 order date.  I guess I won't go wait by the mailbox.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 11:45:24 AM EDT
[#2]
03/25 Order of Proguard STX set.

Still listed as "In production" since 04/01

I have sent two emails, months apart, and got the same old blow off update.

Thoroughly disappointed in the whole experience.  There's a bunch of guys on Reddit gun deals who are having the same time of it.

I try not to think about it, and just hope they show up before I get too old to wear them.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 1:00:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Ordered a proguard stx set in late May. Status changed to "in production" 2 weeks ago, nothing since then. Hopefully the change was from a actual update from hesco and not just to keep me from calling them.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 4:45:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey guys, just want to let you know that Hesco is working as fast as possible to work through the demand without compromising quality. I have no affiliation with Midwest but as another Hesco Distributor, hoping I can shed some light on the situation.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 5:07:32 PM EDT
[#5]
There are two issues here:

1) Timing expectations - they have said anywhere from 4-12 weeks. It has been 16 weeks (for me).
2) Vague communications when inquiring. I have an email from them that says July delivery for both and then it became August and now they are saying they will be caught up by September.

Link Posted: 7/21/2020 7:29:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

1) Timing expectations - they have said anywhere from 4-12 weeks. It has been 16 weeks (for me).
2) Vague communications when inquiring. I have an email from them that says July delivery for both and then it became August and now they are saying they will be caught up by September.

View Quote

That's quite a big range, we've just updated the L210 and 4400 to 12 weeks minimum after our call with Hesco. We expect the wait times to increase as we get closer to the elections.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 7:37:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow. They told me by the end of July.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 3:32:33 PM EDT
[#8]
18 weeks on March order.
8 weeks on June order.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 5:17:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I posted this in a few other threads discussing Midwest Armor.....placed my order May 21st...just got an updated email today stating my order is "In Production Now"....and then someone burst my bubble an said not to hold my breath on it lol.  

But in case anyone might be wondering, subscribe to T-rex Arms and when they get another batch in stock you'll actually get an email notification. I managed to snag a pair of L210's from them, and took only a week from order to front door. Given ya I paid $100 more vs saving $100 ordering from Midwest (plus had a coupon code thanks to someone from here).

But hopefully myself an others here will see our orders soon....like August soon
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 1:09:22 PM EDT
[#10]
What I don't understand, is if all these orders from months ago are waiting for STX plates, why did they send out an email a few days ago with pre-ordering L210 plates that stated shipping in 4-6weeks?

My understand is that the STX is an L210.

They must think there is a HUGE batch of L210/STX coming in September
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 1:16:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What I don't understand, is if all these orders from months ago are waiting for STX plates, why did they send out an email a few days ago with pre-ordering L210 plates that stated shipping in 4-6weeks?

My understand is that the STX is an L210.

They must think there is a HUGE batch of L210/STX coming in September
View Quote

I got the same damn email! And yes, the STX is a rebranded L210. With all the threads on here about Midwest, this will be the one an only time I order from them. Given ok, not entirely their fault, but what is their fault are the emails, at least the ones like " Pre-order L210....4-6 weeks lead time...." etc etc. But also the fact of misleading lead times whether it be in an email or on their site.

*Just went to the website and the fact that you can "ADD TO CART" should not even be allowed if they just don't have the product on hand. Ya of course it states 8-10+ week lead time, and below that "COULD BE LONGER DUE TO CURRENT SITUATION", but still just have the out of stock on there or just sent emails when they are actually ON HAND!

I'll keep the thread updated if I hear or receive any update from them
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 2:28:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I got the same damn email! And yes, the STX is a rebranded L210. With all the threads on here about Midwest, this will be the one an only time I order from them. Given ok, not entirely their fault, but what is their fault are the emails, at least the ones like " Pre-order L210....4-6 weeks lead time...." etc etc. But also the fact of misleading lead times whether it be in an email or on their site.

*Just went to the website and the fact that you can "ADD TO CART" should not even be allowed if they just don't have the product on hand. Ya of course it states 8-10+ week lead time, and below that "COULD BE LONGER DUE TO CURRENT SITUATION", but still just have the out of stock on there or just sent emails when they are actually ON HAND!

I'll keep the thread updated if I hear or receive any update from them
View Quote

The president of Hesco Armor and I had a discussion about how having armor made to order is ideal over someone holding stock for a multitude of reasons. I think every high-end, domestic manufacturer also agrees with this as well. The distributors do work on a different model than the dealers.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 11:05:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The president of Hesco Armor and I had a discussion about how having armor made to order is ideal over someone holding stock for a multitude of reasons. I think every high-end, domestic manufacturer also agrees with this as well. The distributors do work on a different model than the dealers.
View Quote

I agree with you very much on this. The recent order I got from t-rex arms shows the mfg. date on my plates being 7/2020 which is nice, knowing I have a this year, recent production model to keep track off, rather than of course buying an old stock or a set that was mfg from a year ago or so. Given I'm sure as long as the plates were well taken care of and stored, whether it a be a year or 2 years they'd still be good to go. But my gripe, and I think that of others....are the re-sellers/companies having the "Add To Cart" option when they don't even have them in stock, and then of course the lead times. Which I understand COMPLETELY, they're estimated lead times and with current events are subject to change, I get that part....I think in the end as Americans we're probably all used to buying something and then receiving it within a relatively short time frame and not having to wait as long as we are with certain products.....especially during this time lol.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 1:26:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I agree with you very much on this. The recent order I got from t-rex arms shows the mfg. date on my plates being 7/2020 which is nice, knowing I have a this year, recent production model to keep track off, rather than of course buying an old stock or a set that was mfg from a year ago or so. Given I'm sure as long as the plates were well taken care of and stored, whether it a be a year or 2 years they'd still be good to go. But my gripe, and I think that of others....are the re-sellers/companies having the "Add To Cart" option when they don't even have them in stock, and then of course the lead times. Which I understand COMPLETELY, they're estimated lead times and with current events are subject to change, I get that part....I think in the end as Americans we're probably all used to buying something and then receiving it within a relatively short time frame and not having to wait as long as we are with certain products.....especially during this time lol.
View Quote

We have been spoiled by Amazon 2 day shipping. The industry has been hit HARD with zero warning so everyone is playing catch up. Dealers typically don't have $50,000 to buy plates and hope they get sold, this is why the backorder. Also thr majority of dealers do it this way.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 5:16:51 PM EDT
[#15]
So I went ahead and emailed Midwest and got an email and text that they refunded me my money. I was just honestly tired of waiting and did not want to wait any longer (Yes I too blame Amazon for speedy shipping). So I should see my money in my account in a few days.

On a site note, T. Rex Arms has Hesco L210 plates in stock RIGHT NOW for anyone interested
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 2:24:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Today marks 20 weeks since "In Production".
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 3:01:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Still no change in my order either.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 11:15:40 AM EDT
[#18]
They already charged our cards but I am starting to worry these guys won’t come through.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 2:34:10 PM EDT
[#19]
I canceled my order yesterday. I ordered and went “in production” May 4th, if there’s still cats who ordered in March who haven’t received them yet then I’m not sticking around any longer.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#20]
I just got a email from them saying they are expecting a shipment next week.

Hello Treebush,

We mark orders as we get the batches here from Hesco and as we know the counts we are getting, next week we will know our next few batch counts they are supposed to be more so I will keep you posted and should be able to tell you which batch you are in from those :)

I will follow up here next week with that, thanks for your order and patience!

Hope you have a great weekend.

Andrea
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 11:23:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
They already charged our cards but I am starting to worry these guys won’t come through.
View Quote

I wouldn't be too concerned unless you see some red flags. Midwest is one of the largest Hesco distributors. Honestly I'm pretty surprised that HESCO has not been giving their largest distributors more priority during this time.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 2:26:33 PM EDT
[#22]
If my late March order doesn't show some movement soon, I think I am pulling out.

This is crazy.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 12:16:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Mid-March order here...

I spoke to gentleman at Midwest and he mentioned August would realistically be the ship date. I think we're getting close.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 1:54:24 AM EDT
[#24]
I have been waiting since March as well. It is irritating but I also understand the external forces at play here.

Midwest Armor I am sure expected to be able to fill these order and probably are giving updates to their customers based on estimates from suppliers.

Xhina flu happened along with extreme demand increase due to riots and elections. I will keep waiting on my set as cancelling could just get me sent to the back of the line somewhere else. The dealers who do get stock in sell out in a couple hours and I don't have all day to wait for these offerings to pop up.
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 10:14:51 PM EDT
[#25]
I just got a email saying that my expected ship date was pushed from August to sometime in September. Anybody else got a update?
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 10:27:23 PM EDT
[#26]
I have received nothing.

KOTA still hasn’t shipped my plates either. That will be a month come next Tuesday.
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 10:34:58 PM EDT
[#27]
No update received.
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 9:00:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Yesterday marked 21 weeks since listed as "In Production".

I did receive an email from them:

?Hope you had a great weekend.

We know it has been a crazy time waiting for these plates, we would love to get these to you guys more than you know, the good news is you are in the next batch! We are expecting that in before end of the month here, that is for your oldest order.

?Your email should flip status this week as we confirm the ship date from Hesco on plates.

Status has not changed yet.

Link Posted: 8/27/2020 9:57:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Today marks 22 weeks since listed as "In Production".
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 10:37:43 AM EDT
[#30]
7 weeks (in production)
12 weeks from Order date 6/5/20
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 10:52:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Ordered April 7th.
Just cancelled.

I'm gonna go get in line for RMA 3+ now
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 12:27:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Ordered April 7th.
Just cancelled.

I'm gonna go get in line for RMA 3+ now
View Quote

Got this email last week.

Hello Treebush,

We still have not gotten that August batch its due out this way next week and then I can confirm that just want to make sure we get a final count for what actually ships our way :)

I'll still wait.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 1:05:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Ordered 6/2/2020.

Only communication was ID verification and that got cleared up moving them to "In Production".  Maybe I will see them before Christmas.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Ordered mine on June 17, went into production on July 9th. Emailed last night for an update and this is what they sent

Thanks for your order! We did not forget, currently based on the backlog of plates with Hesco we are expecting to ship this order out in October.

We appreciate the patience during these times, we are actively working with Hesco to reduce the plate lead times.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 11:16:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Preordered L210 's a month ago thru Kota and they just shipped.

Kota and Midwest are sister companies from my understanding.

I'm not sure why people would still be waiting on L210/Proguard STX from March. It doesn't make sense

Link Posted: 9/1/2020 1:54:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 12:48:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Email from them on 8/28:

Hello Josh

Status will not change until the batch you are in starts shipping from Hesco, this way we know exactly when it will go out, that is the reason why it has not flipped yet, right now we have an ETA of shipment by 8/30 as soon as we know it left we will change it so that way you stay informed.
?_________________________

No status change as of today.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 3:43:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Edit: previous post was the wrong message.

But it's still the same next week situation.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 10:56:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Just got a email stating my KOTA order is finally shipping.

Hesco 4401

Purchased 07/25
Shipped 09/01

Was told about 2-3 weeks ago they would ship in a week. So being a week or 2 off is no big deal. Just glad to finally get them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 9:58:41 PM EDT
[#40]
3 months and counting
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 10:06:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
3 months and counting
View Quote

April 7th.
Canceled the 1st(something like that) of this month.
Ordered RMAs that costs twice as much.

Wish I cancelled sooner.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 10:49:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

April 7th.

Wish I cancelled sooner.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
3 months and counting

April 7th.

Wish I cancelled sooner.

Got a email on the 1st telling me they are waiting on the shipment from hesco next week and my order is in the batch. Haven't heard anything else from them.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 8:20:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Email from yesterday said the batch isnt on its way yet from Hesco for the March orders. They said it should be this week but I am not going to hold my breath. Ive been hearing its on its way for a few months now.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 8:37:03 PM EDT
[#44]
My STX plates I ordered 6/4 were delivered 9/2.

I got a  "now in production" email on 7/9, a "status change - preparing for shipment" email on 8/27, and the next day a "your order is now complete" with a fedex tracking number on 8/28. Delivered on time.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 11:56:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I got a  "now in production" email on 7/9, a "status change - preparing for shipment" email on 8/27, and the next day a "your order is now complete" with a fedex tracking number on 8/28. Delivered on time.
View Quote

Did you pay the 285 or 325 price?
I placed my order on 5/25 and still haven't got mine.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 7:30:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not sure what you mean. I contacted them about getting in on the group buy late and they gave me a code but I didn't get the pair for 285 or 325. That's a super good deal.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 7:59:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered on 6/2 and haven't gotten mine yet either.  I had to do the ID check though and my in production email is 7/29.  Hopefully I am in the next batch.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#48]
I was in production 7/9 but haven’t heard anything yet on status.  Hopefully soon.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 9:27:01 PM EDT
[#49]
They're down the street from me. You guys want me to drive over there rough em up?
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 9:31:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

He got the Venture STX (Tencate) from the group buy, not the Proguard STX (Hesco). I talked to Midwest last week. They said Tencate is almost back to normal shipping speed on all of the plates except the FM4’s.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top