Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He got the Venture STX (Tencate) from the group buy, not the Proguard STX (Hesco). I talked to Midwest last week. They said Tencate is almost back to normal shipping speed on all of the plates except the FM4's.
View Quote
That makes more sense. I didn't realize there was a difference in what people ordered.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 9:06:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Another week, still no switch in status. They have been saying the status should flip every week for the past five weeks.

Poor, poor, poor communication.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 11:41:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Same boat, but I am a bit behind you in ordering.  I was told mid-September.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 4:46:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Same boat, but I am a bit behind you in ordering.  I was told mid-September.  
View Quote

I was told mid July. Then mid August, and now "next week" two times so far.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 10:33:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Morning fellas. Ordered March 16 and just got a tracking number for my plate carrier. I’ve been following this thread for a while now and figured I’d let y’all know!
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 11:53:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Morning fellas. Ordered March 16 and just got a tracking number for my plate carrier. I’ve been following this thread for a while now and figured I’d let y’all know!
View Quote

You bought a carrier 6 months ago and they are just shipping it?
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 9:24:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Another email saying 2 more weeks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 10:50:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I finally broke down and sent a email below is the response.

?Thanks for the order and patience!

And yes we know its quite a wait, Hesco has been working double time to make sure plates go out ASAP.

Good news we have a shipment leaving to our way from them on Friday here and you will be in the batch, its quite a large shipment so once it comes in will take us a few days to process it all out.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 7:18:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 8:10:58 AM EDT
[#10]
After receiving my LA Police plates in 3 days,...and ordering the new Flux Defense Chassis, I have decided to pull the ripcord on my March order.

They cancelled it without much fuss, but they couldn't help slipping in that last "oh, the new shipment will go out in a few days."

Maybe they would have, who knows.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 1:44:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Two more weeks, two more weeks, two more weeks. Seems they are taking a play out of the coronavirus response playbook.

Today marks over half a year of my plates being "In Production" - 26 weeks and 1 day today.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 3:59:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I got an email from the sales guy at Midwest who managed the group buy for us. He said their shipment of FM4's finally came in from Tencate, so if anyone is waiting on those they should go out soon.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 4:11:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I got an email from the sales guy at Midwest who managed the group buy for us. He said their shipment of FM4's finally came in from Tencate, so if anyone is waiting on those they should go out soon.
View Quote

Well at least someone is getting some plates. Im just glad to seem them actually shipping plates instead of just taking peoples money.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 5:24:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Got a response from them this week saying a large shipment of Hesco is coming in and will be shipped soon.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 6:57:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Got a response from them this week saying a large shipment of Hesco is coming in and will be shipped soon.
View Quote

"Soon"? They said it was supposed to be shipped out from hesco today. I think they are delaying the shipping of the plates to get as many people to cancel so they can sell them at a much higher price.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 10:05:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I ended up talking to the sales guy I know at Midwest for a while after he emailed me. Here’s what I learned:

The Venture line (Tencate) have been back to pretty normal shipping times lately. The recent Venture STX orders got filled in 5-6 weeks. The only caveat to the Tencates was the FM4 because they use a different type of ceramic that was unobtanium. They just got their first batch of those though (they ordered in January) and they are ready to be packaged and shipped.

Hesco’s lead times on anything ceramic are still long and things keep getting delayed. They have a very large shipment from Hesco that is on the truck and en route. It’s mostly 4401’s though. Hesco was supposed to ship those and the STX (L210’s) today but they sent notice today that the L210’s weren’t ready and they would ship separately next week (I know, I know). It is supposed to be a very large batch unlike the rationed batches they’ve been getting recently.

He also said that for people who have cancelled their orders due to the long delays, they will honor that person’s original price for up to year if things speed up and they want back in. Only thing you lose by canceling is your place in the line.

They do have some Venture FM4 sets that are on-hand and in stock in medium SAPI. They’re the top-tier 5.5lb, .9” thick, triple-curve, LVL IV. I asked about doing an Arfcom special on them and he may give me some coupons to distribute via pm, similar to the the group buy last time. I’m not sure the depth of the discount yet, but I’d guess they’ll still be quite expensive since the regular price is $1900/set. He was working on it though.

I know there are a lot of people in this thread rightfully irritated over the wait times and their communications about the wait times. I wanted to mention it here first though to give people still waiting on stuff the option of first dibs since the in-stock quantity is limited. So, if anyone is interested, shoot me a pm and I’ll send you a code if it happens.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 1:01:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Heard back from Midwest today. They sent me coupons for the FM4 and Venture STX.

The FM4 are in-stock in Lg, Md, and Sm SAPI. The code will only work as long as they are in-stock and puts them at the lowest price they’ve offered them at. They asked that I not publicly post the coupons or prices.

The Venture FM STX are not in stock. Their estimated wait time is 4-6 weeks based on the last shipment, but I would take that with a pretty big grain of salt based on the timelines of past sales.

If you are waiting on plates from one of the Hesco line sales that hasn’t come in yet and want one of these options instead, they said it wouldn’t be a problem to switch as long as the plates haven’t shipped yet. The 4401/Proguard IV truck is arriving at Midwest today and they are still waiting on the L210’s to ship.

Anyway, if anyone is interested you can shoot me a message. I’ll wait a while before I post it to GD.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 1:37:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Heard back from Midwest today. They sent me coupons for the FM4 and Venture STX.

The FM4 are in-stock in Lg, Md, and Sm SAPI. The code will only work as long as they are in-stock and puts them at the lowest price they’ve offered them at. They asked that I not publicly post the coupons or prices.

The Venture FM STX are not in stock. Their estimated wait time is 4-6 weeks based on the last shipment, but I would take that with a pretty big grain of salt based on the timelines of past sales.

If you are waiting on plates from one of the Hesco line sales that hasn’t come in yet and want one of these options instead, they said it wouldn’t be a problem to switch as long as the plates haven’t shipped yet. The 4401/Proguard IV truck is arriving at Midwest today and they are still waiting on the L210’s to ship.

Anyway, if anyone is interested you can shoot me a message. I’ll wait a while before I post it to GD.
View Quote

Got the "shipment was delayed" song and dance email again. I'm not going to fall for the "estimated wait time" sham for a second time.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 1:48:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Got the "shipment was delayed" song and dance email again. I'm not going to fall for the "estimated wait time" shame for a second time.
View Quote

I understand. I asked them about doing the coupon for the FM4’s since they were in-stock and there wouldn’t be a guessing-game wait time from the supplier. They threw in the STX code as a bonus since they sold a lot last time. The last Venture STX group buy in February was estimated at 3-4 weeks and took 9-10 weeks to arrive. About 200 sets were sold, which was a lot more than I realized.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 4:56:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 4:58:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I received my plates from Trex, so I sent an email to cancel my order.  I will post an update when the refund has been issued.
View Quote

They confirmed it next business day for me.
Even said if I wanted to reorder later I'd get a discount

Money was back on my card the day after.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 7:40:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I received my plates from Trex, so I sent an email to cancel my order.  I will post an update when the refund has been issued.
View Quote

Is this the third or fourth restock from them since the corona bug hit?
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 9:32:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 2:05:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 6:07:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I think they've had like 6 or 8 but T-Rex doesn't list their whole stock at once and does "drops". They're giving the wrong perception of the manufacturing situation but they're free to run their business how they want. Half or more of the plates listed by T-Rex are scooped up by scalpers are listed on Ebay for $500 a pair. Guys run bots on the site to buy up as much stock as possible during these drops - I've seen someone get at least 20 pairs in each drop.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this the third or fourth restock from them since the corona bug hit?

I think they've had like 6 or 8 but T-Rex doesn't list their whole stock at once and does "drops". They're giving the wrong perception of the manufacturing situation but they're free to run their business how they want. Half or more of the plates listed by T-Rex are scooped up by scalpers are listed on Ebay for $500 a pair. Guys run bots on the site to buy up as much stock as possible during these drops - I've seen someone get at least 20 pairs in each drop.

Does kota do the same thing? I know they had atlest 3 rounds of in stock plates.
I'm not surprised about the bots. They're buying up everything on top of everyone else trying to buy it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 3:07:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Received this from them on 9/24:

Hello JoshB7!

We got word from Hesco they have a shipment that will be ready by end of day tomorrow to head our way, so long they don't miss that we will flip status once we know its on a truck our way :)

The 4401s are en route so now we just have the L210s left!

?Aneta

Radio silence since then. Today marks 27 weeks and 4 days since listed as "In Production".
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 3:26:59 PM EDT
[#27]
After canceling my Midwest armor order I got plates from RMA in 5 weeks.

Link Posted: 10/5/2020 3:42:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Received this from them on 9/24:

Hello JoshB7!

We got word from Hesco they have a shipment that will be ready by end of day tomorrow to head our way, so long they don't miss that we will flip status once we know its on a truck our way :)

The 4401s are en route so now we just have the L210s left!

?Aneta

Radio silence since then. Today marks 27 weeks and 4 days since listed as "In Production".
View Quote

@JoshB7  Shit.  You might as well stalk trex & just order once its in stock there.  I did that & was total time from watching to getting them at maybe 10 weeks.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 4:02:02 PM EDT
[#29]
I already got some from TRex. These will be backup sets (if they show up).
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 1:53:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Got a email from them today saying the plates are on the way and should be heading my way by next week. Hope thats true.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 7:53:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 8:33:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Got a email from them today saying the plates are on the way and should be heading my way by next week. Hope thats true.
View Quote

Are you waiting on the L210's?

Quoted:
Whomever handles their emails must be swamped, because I finally got a response to cancelling my order last night at like 11pm.
View Quote

They told me last week that the shipment of 4401's had plates for something like 700 individual orders and pretty much the whole company was going to be diverted to helping the shipping guys get packages ready.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 9:27:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Are you waiting on the L210's?

They told me last week that the shipment of 4401's had plates for something like 700 individual orders and pretty much the whole company was going to be diverted to helping the shipping guys get packages ready.
View Quote

Yeah. Im still waiting.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 9:32:16 AM EDT
[#34]
I’m still waiting as well. Any ideas what shipping service they use?  I have alerts on UPS if it gets scanned in. I’m not expecting they will email when they ship.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 9:40:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I’m still waiting as well. Any ideas what shipping service they use?  I have alerts on UPS if it gets scanned in. I’m not expecting they will email when they ship.
View Quote

In the past, they've sent out an "Order Complete" email when it ships that has a tracking #. The last package I got was sent through FedEx.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 10:11:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yeah. Im still waiting.
View Quote

Im still waiting on L210s as well.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 11:16:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

I get email alerts for Fedex, UPS and USPS.  I would be surprised if they do not email, it is all automated and does not require additional interaction from the company.  Assuming it is setup correctly, anyway.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 8:23:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Sent my first email to Midwest regarding status of an April order on STX plates a few days ago; no response yet.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 9:39:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Sent my first email to Midwest regarding status of an April order on STX plates a few days ago; no response yet.
View Quote

If they were for Proguard STX (L210’s) they should be at Midwest or at least close. The shipment was on the way as of Tuesday.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 8:20:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 9:28:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Also, I’ve still been waiting to post more publicly about the coupons, but they do have a bunch of the FM4’s in stock in the SM, MD, and LG. They also have some limited stock of the Venture STX in LG SAPI that I have a coupon for if anyone wants it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 9:09:16 PM EDT
[#42]
I ordered on 6/21 also. I just e-mailed them tonight.

And then came here to look. I'll let you know if I get a response.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 9:13:20 PM EDT
[#43]
6/5 order on L210 and no shipping yet for me.

They sent me this on the 23 of September.

Good news we have a shipment leaving to our way from them on Friday (Sept 25) here and you will be in the batch, its quite a large shipment so once it comes in will take us a few days to process it all out.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 7:43:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I ordered on 6/21 also. I just e-mailed them tonight.

And then came here to look. I'll let you know if I get a response.
View Quote

They sent an e-mail last night. I am scheduled for a November shipment. Almost there!

I'm tempted to respond "before or after the election"?
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 5:19:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Got an email today that I should see a status change in a few days on May order.  Hopefully status isn't "Out of production".
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 8:01:48 PM EDT
[#46]
They told me this shipment would fill the orders up to June. I think the biggest bulk of their backorders was probably from March when they were like $250/set.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 8:58:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
They told me this shipment would fill the orders up to June. I think the biggest bulk of their backorders was probably from March when they were like $250/set.
View Quote

June 1st or 30th?
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 9:35:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

June 1st or 30th?
View Quote

Not sure
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 10:35:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I got in on that on June 2nd. Hoping I make this batch.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 10:19:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Got a email yesterday saying their shipment is close and expect my order status to change "in the next day or so"
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top