Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2020 5:32:46 PM EDT
So I have an Ifak on my BB, but I didn’t want to mix boo boo stuff in with it. And I didn’t want another big pouch on my belt. I found this maxpedition can pouch and it’s perfect for me for this application.

In addition to what you see, I also have some pills I put in it. Advil, antihistamine, et cetera

What do you guys think?  Am I kidding something?
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 12:13:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I like to keep burn ointment and or cortisone cream and a set of tweezers in mine but that looks good for a first aid (boo boo) kit
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 12:25:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 8:26:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Add some OTC meds and a couple “Splinter Outs” and you got it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:11:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks pretty good.  I added these to all my kits on advice from a member here.  They are hands down the best adhesive strips I have ever used.  None better.  They stay on and seal well and are tough as hell.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 5:36:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I keep tweezers (every plant out here is looking to stab you) and a snack-sized zip lock back with small bandages tucked away in my IFAK. They take up no room and stay out of the of the critical items.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 3:18:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Tweezers had crossed my mind. Probably should add those.

Thanks guys. Pretty happy with how small this is and how it worked out.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 11:53:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Gauze (2x2) and a small roll of tape or liquid skin/mole skin for areas that the bandage doesn't tend to stick well in.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 3:49:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AIWB:
Tweezers had crossed my mind. Probably should add those. 
View Quote

They came in handy when an agave spike pierced the tongue of my boot, right where the leather gave way to nylon.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 10:38:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Booboo kits are SORELY underrated. Good job!
Out of curiosity, what’s the Tegaderm for (bottom right corner)? Not sharpshooting I’ve just only ever seen them used in conjunction w IV’s.
I’d also consider tossing a couple 2x2’s in there, a flat packet of aspirin (specifically aspirin, never know when someone’s ticker is gonna crap out on them), and a packet of ORS. I’ve been surprised how ORS can save the day especially when it’s hot on the range.

Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:12:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Ask your family Dr for an 18 gauge hypodermic needle, they're good for splinters, and draining blisters.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 2:36:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Burn ointment or a burn bandage. Even minor burns are a major pain (literally and figuratively). The human body does a remarkable job of healing but burns really beat us up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top