Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2018 2:41:37 PM EDT
I am looking for a holster to carry a mag horizontal on my belt. Specifically it will be for an FN 509 24 round mag.
I prefer something universal, where I can use it for single stack and double stack options as well. Not sure if such a product exists.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 3:20:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure if it's already on the market, but SBF Custom Kydex could probably make it for you
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 5:09:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure if it's already on the market, but SBF Custom Kydex could probably make it for you
View Quote
They definitely have variety.. HAHA

Link Posted: 10/7/2018 1:33:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I took a mag holster for an M&P shield, heated it up, jammed in FN 509 mag  and reformed it. Changed clip orientation to horizontal. Fits perfectly.  It works but because the clip is so far to one side, it kicks out the heel of the mag a lot.  I am considering heating it back up and pushing the mag all the way through the kydex to a more center position.. But I am worried that it will ruin retention. I also don't like the bullets being unprotected and the chance of a round falling out somewhere.

Maybe I should buy some kydex and roll my own. Seems easy enough.

17 round mags are perfect in this setup. Maybe I should just carry a 17rounder for a backup mag?  I know Ill probably never need it, but having 24+ 17 + 1 rounds on me daily is sort of comforting.  

Link Posted: 10/8/2018 2:24:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Haven't tried but ordering Stealth Gear SG-180
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 3:03:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Haven't tried but ordering Stealth Gear SG-180
View Quote
That may actually be the ticket!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top