Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2016 5:33:24 PM EDT
Before

After

I made a cutout of poster board, I was going to do the regular BFL but looking at this one I figured I would like it more.  I'm pretty happy with it.  
Pic of the template I used

Kinda related I even did one on my safe

So what do you guys think?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 5:36:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I suppose it's alright if you never plan on using the front back of your carrier.

ETA: Noticed the drag handle up top
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 5:45:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I suppose it's alright if you never plan on using the front back of your carrier.

ETA: Noticed the drag handle up top
View Quote

Well if I ever decide a use for something on my back I could just take the hydration pouch off.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 5:53:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Kind of neat. I'm not too into skulls but I like the concept, and good stencil work.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 5:58:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Kind of neat. I'm not too into skulls but I like the concept, and good stencil work.
View Quote

Thanks. I cut it out with a razor blade and was surprised how well it came out.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:03:19 PM EDT
[#5]
As much as I like Punisher, I think the theme has been played out long ago. Still, nice work on the stencil. The one on the safe door looks pretty sharp, though.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:03:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm impressed with the cutout.  Nice OP
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:16:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
As much as I like Punisher, I think the theme has been played out long ago. Still, nice work on the stencil. The one on the safe door looks pretty sharp, though.
View Quote

I agree, I never would of done a regular punisher skull but I like the variation of the mix of the BFL and skull and thanks.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:17:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Pretty cool.  I like it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:11:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I like it. Makes me want to do one on mine. lol
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:19:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Like it . I'd rather see it in a color that would blend in a little better like a brown or green imo
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:29:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Like it . I'd rather see it in a color that would blend in a little better like a brown or green imo
View Quote

I thought about that but my test pieces made it seem like the skull wouldn't be as visible.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:31:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Pretty cool.  I like it.
View Quote

Quoted:
I like it. Makes me want to do one on mine. lol
View Quote

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:53:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I would have just stuck with a morale / unit patch....
Not my cup of tea, but it's not my gear.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:39:30 PM EDT
[#15]

The stencil looks cool, but on the carrier it looks a lot like a "target"

just sayin

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 10:22:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:30:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Would've been badass if you could have mixed the BFL with Boba Fett
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 5:27:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Where can I order this stencil from ? I want.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:35:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Not really my sort of thing...but I'm impressed with your stencil and how well that turned out.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:08:15 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Where can I order this stencil from ? I want.
View Quote
Reading 101
I made a cutout of poster board, I was going to do the regular BFL but looking at this one I figured I would like it more. I'm pretty happy with it.  

Pic of the template I used
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:32:52 PM EDT
[#21]
The one on your safe looks badass.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:26:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Not really my sort of thing...but I'm impressed with your stencil and how well that turned out.
View Quote

Thanks, I have been looking into another type of hydration pack so I don't have to take my carrier off to fill it so if I end up not being happy with it as time goes on, no big deal as the paint isn't on my carrier actually.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:27:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The one on your safe looks badass.
View Quote

Thanks, the picture doesn't do it justice.  Looks so clean in person.

ETA: I was originally going to cut out a BFL to put on the safe and have on crank/handle be the firing pin hole but didn't work out as the combo was in the way.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:54:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Now you are Tier 1 for sure.

Nutnfancy will be doing it now, you watch.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:59:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

I didn't do it to portray anything.  I did it because I like the logo and making things.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 5:09:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I didn't do it to portray anything.  I did it because I like the logo and making things.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am just busting your balls.

I like it turned out pretty cool!
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 5:13:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kinda hard to tell with txt if someone is joking around or not but all good, probably should of guessed though with the Nutnfancy comment. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 5:42:07 PM EDT
[#28]
I like the integration of BFL with Punisher skull, its a patch I might buy, but not something I would have spray painted on my rig like that, kinda hard to change it, even with a gallon of acetone, will still have black paint residue in the woven nylon yarn that makes the Cordura.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 5:44:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Thank you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.

I have the stencil on my desk right beside me.  I haven't decided if I like it or not.  I made a standard stencil after all of the copyright infringement butt hurt threads.  I sprayed one on my gun case and my Pelican cooler.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 5:45:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I like the integration of BFL with Punisher skull, its a patch I might buy, but not something I would have spray painted on my rig like that, kinda hard to change it, even with a gallon of acetone, will still have black paint residue in the woven nylon yarn that makes the Cordura.
View Quote

That's one reason it took me a couple days of having the stencil on my carrier as I was afraid if I messed it up it would be near impossible to fix, kind of a one shot thing but it is on a pouch and not the actual carrier back piece.  I don't think I would of done it on the carrier itself.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 5:47:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I have the stencil on my desk right beside me.  I haven't decided if I like it or not.  I made a standard stencil after all of the copyright infringement butt hurt threads.  I sprayed one on my gun case and my Pelican cooler.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.

Same design or what of?  I would like to see pics of the one on the gun case if you don't mind.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 5:49:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.

I'm pretty sure that only matters if you intend to sell it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 5:56:44 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote
I like Kilroy was here and made it a stencil

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Kinda hard to tell with txt if someone is joking around or not but all good, probably should of guessed though with the Nutnfancy comment. Thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand. I get fired up a lot over how things get worded.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:24:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:33:28 AM EDT
[#36]
nice looking work, but for me I would not do anything to make me stand out from the crowd. if I need to wear my PCs then I want to look just like the guys around me with their PCs on. this is in one of my many what if plans
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:05:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
nice looking work, but for me I would not do anything to make me stand out from the crowd. if I need to wear my PCs then I want to look just like the guys around me with their PCs on. this is in one of my many what if plans
View Quote

Thanks plus it takes two minutes to get that hydration pouch off so I'm not to concerned
I completely understand what you're saying and agree. That's why it never would of been painted on the carrier itself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top