Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2013 4:01:23 PM EDT
Anyone know of one similar to the ones that are made for Peltors? Iv heard these can be modified to work with Sodins but cant find any details

Also from what I can find this is what MSA has to mount to a helmet.

This is the only thing I can find but its airsoft

Update: Ordered a set of the Airsoft Sordin Adapters. Obviously they arent the best made but I have never had my hands on a real set of the 3m ARC rail adapters. I think they will hold up well under normal use. On the left side the pressure is a little light but with alittle adjustment it seals up good. Not bad for $22 but damn I wish 3m would make a set for sordins.

The S.A.R.A Gen 2 installation video. Ordered a set IIl post when I get them installed.

Update 11/12
Installed the SARA's on my REAL 3M adapters. The pressure the real adapters place on the headset is increased a lot. Not to the point of being uncomfortable but enough for a good seal.

The only complaints I have( Which are very minor) about the SARA's was that the pliers that they came with sucked. And that the screws for the SARAs used a different bit then is needed to remove the internals. Like I said very minor. I mentioned this to the designer and he said hes working on a fix for both.

Cant wait to hit the range with these. Glad someone finally made them!

Here are the REAL 3M adapters

Here are the AIRSOFT adapters

Installed SARAs

Link Posted: 10/31/2013 4:46:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 8:47:05 PM EDT
[#2]
There is a quote here that theres a guy making on of these but I cannot find any contact info for him. Its called the Sordin Arc Rail Adapter (S.A.R.A)
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 5:27:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is a quote here that theres a guy making on of these but I cannot find any contact info for him. Its called the Sordin Arc Rail Adapter (S.A.R.A)
View Quote

I know him personally and gave him a heads up about the interest.  I will post what I hear back.
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 9:29:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I know him personally and gave him a heads up about the interest.  I will post what I hear back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool thanks. Ready to order ASAP. If he is ok with it could you PM me his email.
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 3:03:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Update bump
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 5:33:35 PM EDT
[#6]
How does the plastic feel? With the Asian made airsoft its a crapshoot if you get some extremely cheap cast resin absolute junk, some polystyrene (model kit) plastic, or low grade nylon instead of the original spec glass filled nylon, zytel, etc.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 8:16:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I hit up the guy on Monday, and he had some personal issues going on the past week or so.  

Has the website ready to go, just waiting on final quotes.
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 6:09:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How does the plastic feel? With the Asian made airsoft its a crapshoot if you get some extremely cheap cast resin absolute junk, some polystyrene (model kit) plastic, or low grade nylon instead of the original spec glass filled nylon, zytel, etc.
View Quote

Seems like the plastics is decently strong. I haven't noticed any really bad flexing when appling outward pressure.

If I get a chance today I'll put up pictures of the inside of the mount.
Link Posted: 11/27/2013 7:25:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Ok, I found his website and it is up and running.

SARA Set

Disclaimer: no financial interest.

Good luck guys, I hope that this helps you out with some mounting solutions.
Link Posted: 11/27/2013 7:32:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Seems like the plastics is decently strong. I haven't noticed any really bad flexing when appling outward pressure.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a set of these also and have been using them over the past few weeks. They lock up strong, no noticable flexing, and I am confident with them.
Link Posted: 11/27/2013 8:36:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Fuck me. More then I was hoping theyd be. Buy now I need a set of REAL ARC Rail adapters. But def look like they are worth the money. Big props for this guy finally filling a need that from what Iv been reading has bee around for a long time.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:08:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Update with pics
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:33:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Update with pics
View Quote

Glad it worked out for you with the SARAs

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:44:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top