Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2012 4:38:47 AM EDT
Does such a thing exist? I see the Velcro MSM and supply captain have, but it doesn't appear adhesive backed. Searched around and can't find anything.

If it doesn't exist, what is the best way to attach the non adhesive stuff to a helmet? I know that has been asked before, but it usually turns into a gang bang about the person just wanting to look cool. I don't want to destroy the helmet by attaching Velcro, but I don't want to spend $50+ on a custom cover.

In full disclosure, yes, the only point is that it is cool. I wanted to build something tacticool, and can't do another AR, so I am building a cool guy helmet from a CVC. Yes, I really don't need a helmet like that, but I want one damnit.

Thanks in advanced!
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 8:22:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sorry I'm not sure what you are asking/want to do ?

you can get adhesive backed velcro at walmart ( or about anywhere ) why does it need to be multicam ( yeah I know it's cool ) cause you re going to stick something on it right ( i.e.-you will not see the cammo )
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 9:35:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm asking if adhesive backed multicam Velcro exists, and if so, where to buy it.

If it doesn't exist, what is the best way to attach non adhesive backed multicam Velcro?

It will still be visible in some places. I want the multicam Velcro because it is cool. That's it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 10:03:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Get black and spray paint it.  If it's in spots that aren't used then it will work pretty well..
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 11:44:19 AM EDT
[#4]
If you found some multicam Velcro, you can just glue it on. I used gorilla glue which worked well, but took forever to cure.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:56:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:34:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I go through a ton of MC loop and to my knowledge velcro does not make adhesive backed MC loop as a standard item.  Best bet is to buy the sew on MC loop and spray the back side with some 3M Super 77 or similar spray adhesive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top