Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2012 6:18:51 PM EDT
Anyone here using any of the mechanix tactical series gloves? Any of them good enough for weapon manipulation??
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I use them, they hold up well and are reasonably priced.  Not really much else to say about them, Mechanix gloves sort of speak for themselves.

I will generally go with Mechanix or traditional Nomex gloves

EDIT:  Missed your question about manipulation.... in all honesty as long as the glove is snug (more on the tight side without being uncomfortable) and a reasonably thin material, dexterity shouldn't be an issue.  As long as you buy the correct size, you should be good.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 7:04:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I wear the Classic ones in Coyote Brown at work.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 7:28:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Love the gloves. I can load the mags for my pistol and rifle easy. Loading, manipulating the bolt, slides, safety's and mag release. All zero problem. A little weird at first but that's to be expected.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 7:51:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I use the classic models and the slip on ones. They work good for the dough. Buy a couple of pairs when they are on sale at your auto parts store. I got some before for  around $13.

I use the sizes that fit snug. I don't want them to be restrictive. They begin to wear after you use them for a while. I got holes in some of the fingers of a pair of gloves that I have. It starting to snag on my ambi safety.

I never used the tactical models that they have. As for the warmth. They are better then nothing. If you get something heavier you lose dexterity.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 11:57:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Lots of people use them.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 3:35:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Goodstuff. MPACT. Get some.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:02:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Even the original mechanix gloves are better than my Oakley or camelbak "tactical" gloves
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:53:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought a set to use in an AK carbine course.  They actually performed well and have held up under light duty for a few months now.  For the price (under $20) I'd say they are GTG
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:20:26 AM EDT
[#9]
In addition to my WileyX that have a LOT of miles on them I picked up a pair of Mechanix "M-Pact" gloves. They have light padding on impact areas of palm and have knuckle protection as well. I have only used them once at the range. The trigger finger has a bit more material than my Wiley's due to the M-Pact padding, but not so much as to intrude on basic safety and operation of my weapon(s). I have no idea how they will hold up but they seem well made. I grabbed them off Amazon for ten bucks and at that price I figured 'what the heck, I'll give em a try"

So in short they are certainly acceptable for tac use albeit the durability factor is yet to be determined.

heli
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top