Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2010 7:28:14 PM EDT
I am looking for a good belt that will not sag when I am using a on waist band holster for home carry and for training purposes.  I am currently using a Safariland ALS concealment holster made for Glock 19/23 and it kinda sags on my Liger belt.  I appreciate any suggestions that anyone can give me belt wise.  I have tried using my 5.11 belt and it sags even worse from the weight.  Does anyone know what type of belt Chris Costa uses in the Concealed Carry video in Magpul Dynamics concealed carry video?  

This is what it looks like when I have my holster and G19 on my Liger belt.
" target="_blank">
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 7:48:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Dunno about Costa's belt, but http://www.thebeltman.net is the best I've ever found.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 7:50:39 PM EDT
[#2]
find a leather man and have it made...........then you will be happy for the rest of your life...

Slug-O
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 7:55:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an Uncle Mikes 1.5" Instructor Belt that I picked up at the local cop shop a while back. It's been my everyday wear belt for the last few months, and it does the job well without breaking the bank. It is double thickness, and it has no problem holding up my G22 or my M&P40.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 7:58:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know who Mr. Costa is, but my wife and I both use "The Wilderness" brand 5 stitch belts.  Not sure of the wesite addy, just Googke "The Wilderness" and "belt".
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 8:21:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I use Wilderness Instructor 5 stitch belts as well, been working great so far, I've had mine for over a year now.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 3:23:36 AM EDT
[#6]
thebeltman ,  I have a bull-hide leather belt made by him thats about 3 years old.  I carry EVERY day.  I use it with both owb, iwb, and even a drop-leg on occasion.  This is the BEST gunbelt I have ever used.  You will have no sagging issues with www.thebeltman.net
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 4:37:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Could some of it be the holster? How are you suppose to get it tight and stand wearing it when all you have contacting your body are two ears. Looks to me that the way the belt runs through the ears and hangs the only way to keep a belt from sagging is to crank it extremely tight. Let us know if a belt fixes your issue once you get it or if a better holster is in order. Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:18:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Another vote for The Beltman! I bought one of his sharkskin belts several years ago to use for CCW and I was impressed enough with it that I bought another one in black bullhide to wear as a work belt. Both have been used a lot and still look great. They don't sag at all with either a Glock 23 or a Para Ord 16/40. The one I wear to work holds up my cell phone,pager,radio,leatherman and whatever else I hang on it with no problem. The Galls or 5.11 belts we are issued sag like hell with a load. Best belts I've ever owned.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 10:08:43 AM EDT
[#9]
I gota add a +1 for Wilderness Tactical. They I have had the same one for like 5 years now and its awesome... the one with the polymer insert and it doesn't give at all and its comfortable.

Edit: Sorry I meant to say that Costa wears a Ares Gear Ranger Belt found here
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 3:51:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Costa runs Aries gear belts.

I have a Jones Tactical belt, and it's very similar, and it rocks.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 5:04:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Costa runs Aries gear belts.

I have a Jones Tactical belt, and it's very similar, and it rocks.

I also own a Fat Zombie from Jones Tactical and I love it.  I probably just need to get a 2 inch belt adapter for holster.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top