Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2009 12:27:55 PM EDT
Hi guys, quick question.

I know that PMAGs are slightly larger than USGI mags and I just wanted to make sure that they (PMAGs) would fit correctly into 5.11 VTAC single mag pouches with the bungee retention loop.

These are the ones I'm talking about:

http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-tactical-single-mag-bungee.html

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 12:41:51 PM EDT
[#1]
They fit fine, bungee is a bit tight, but it keeps it in nice and tight. I bought several of those myself when they first went on close out.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 7:39:43 PM EDT
[#2]
They are too tight for my taste, you can get them on and off but I wouldn't want to try during a SHTF situation. I cut them off and am now using these as open top class and range carriers.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 8:34:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Is there any resource that lists PMAG compatible mag pouches?

Kinda like calico jack's AK mag pouch write up?
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 8:54:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, I have one of those pouches.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 9:39:27 PM EDT
[#5]
LOL sorry to play 20 questions guys.

But do these pouches work as well?

http://www.511tactical.com/browse/Home/Law-Enforcement/Accessories/Pouches/Double-Mag-Pouch-w-Cover/D/30100/P/1:100:10000:10900:10911/I/58708

It's the 5.11 double mag pouch w/ flap, it holds two single magazines side by side. It's basically a single mag pouch attached to another single mag pouch, it's not the stacked double mag pouch that holds 4 total, this holds 2 total.

I know PMAGs are longer than USGI, so does that interfere with the flap closing or are they good to go?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:35:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

http://www.511tactical.com/browse/Home/Law-Enforcement/Accessories/Pouches/Double-Mag-Pouch-w-Cover/D/30100/P/1:100:10000:10900:10911/I/58708

It's the 5.11 double mag pouch w/ flap, it holds two single magazines side by side. It's basically a single mag pouch attached to another single mag pouch, it's not the stacked double mag pouch that holds 4 total, this holds 2 total.

I know PMAGs are longer than USGI, so does that interfere with the flap closing or are they good to go?

Thanks

They fit in the single mag pouch with flap..... flap closes just fine! Good to go.....

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:38:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They are too tight for my taste, you can get them on and off but I wouldn't want to try during a SHTF situation. I cut them off and am now using these as open top class and range carriers.

Yea... the actual bungee was too tight..... I re-configured the cord by cutting and some knot tying! Works good now.......
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:31:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks

I have these and do not use them as double mag pouches. While they will fit they are so tight that pulling one and taking the other with is an issue and putting them both in takes some time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top