Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2009 9:30:08 AM EDT
Anyone have any experience with the following vest?  I believe it is a Original SOE PALS MWR Light Vest.  

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x192/USGILT/optacticalgear_2066_7795513.jpg

Thanks,
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 9:59:55 AM EDT
[#2]
i don't have the MWRL but i have john's micro rig pals version. i like it bunches. the MWRL is going to be substantially bigger than the micro rig, but i'm sure you'll like it.

I have the H-Harness on mine (as pictured above) and i'll tell you it beats the criss crossed shoulder straps any day.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:33:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I think I have seen the micro.  I believe it is a little narrower and doesn’t have a zippered internal inner pouch but a Velcro one?  Their are so many chest rigs and vest on the market what led you to purchase the mirco or a Original SOE over say an ATS model for that matter?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:39:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had X strap vest in the past and never liked any of them.  None every seemed to work out and all proved to be uncomfortable.  The problem with the Original SOE PALS MWR Light vest is that I am trying to find something that will work both for carbine classes, general range shooting, work=deployments.  I am not into the multicam color more of a ranger green kind of guy but I can’t find anywhere that sells them.  All I can find is multican and Olive.  So I am thinking these are a limited production run possibly?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 12:40:14 PM EDT
[#5]
well first off i should say:
i was given both my micro rigs.

then i'll say:
that i'm not a big fan of ats stuff. nothing wrong with it, i'm just not a fan. Just like i'm not that big of a fan of TT. I'm more of an esstac, OSOE, Ice, Eagle kinda guy.
The eagle Universal Chest rig was to wide, and had the x harnesses. The ats was to wide and had dedicated pouches, and they don't really make anything to fit ak mags.

as to the differnces between the MWRL and the micro pals is the width of the rig, the zippered pouch (the micro rig is velcro) and i believe that the MWRL has built in internal pouches, but don't quote me on that one.

have you tried tacticalresponsegear? or contacting john directly? pm me if you need his email. if you get it directly from him, it's usually a day or two turn around time. you pm him, he makes it, bills you, if you pay before the end of business it ships that day, if not it's the next. there have been guys that have had their rigs, on this board, within 4 days, including ship time. now keep in mind that that is contingent upon where you live, but he does ship priority mail.

after seeing the stuff that john initially sent me, I have had no quams with ordering more stuff from him. I have a holster, pistol pouch, and pistol mag pouch on order from him currently. After my class in september i'll be ordering a war belt, conversion sling, and a m/c small ifak pouch from him.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:18:22 PM EDT
[#6]
john just called. he has every color but foliage and ranger. he does not produce anything in ranger green.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:16:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I had this rig made by John sort of a variation of the MWR, I found it to a good middle of the road size to what is out there. No issues or complaints so far. Love the overall size and inside storage this is one rig that I cannot overload so it helps me stay mobile. I added the wider,padded shoulder harness, overkill for a smaller sized vest but it is comfortable.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 9:13:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I looked at tactical response not much of a selection and it was the same way at optactical.com.  I am guessing the normal colors are Black, Olive, Tan/Sand, Multi-Cam, and possibly ACU?  I was hoping that he made some stuff in ranger green, guess I’ll have to make due.  Ranger green seems to match well with ACU’s without being ACU, and you can wear it to the range without advertising yourself to everyone.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 9:15:25 AM EDT
[#9]
So let me pose this question, What colors does everyone usually prefer in their rigs and why?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 9:18:49 AM EDT
[#10]
pm inbound
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 8:12:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Ranger Green goes with most equipment. Because everyone else has black, digital or tan. Be different, your self.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top