Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 153
Posted: 7/14/2009 9:12:11 PM EDT
As the title states show your war belt and first line setups complete with component rundowns and even costs. There are alot of seperate threads on this but no one thread with everybodies setups.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 10:45:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hollywood_Shooter:

I also am having bfg micro trauma issues.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Blanco_Diablo:
Really like this Arbor Arms belt. Can't wait to get home and actually use it. Not sure about the BFG micro trauma now though...it's so damn tight I can barely get stuff in there. I know there'd be no way to get it back in there without taking the belt off if I ever needed it. Any suggestions?

https://i.ibb.co/sWDGSgD/20200116-193649.jpg

Even the contents of the kits they come with will be tight.  Mine is. I  offset it a bit to one side and it's reasonable. My thought is if that kit is pulled, I don't need to put it back in myself.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 11:09:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Even the contents of the kits they come with will be tight.  Mine is. I  offset it a bit to one side and it's reasonable. My thought is if that kit is pulled, I don't need to put it back in myself.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stoner01:
Originally Posted By Blanco_Diablo:
Really like this Arbor Arms belt. Can't wait to get home and actually use it. Not sure about the BFG micro trauma now though...it's so damn tight I can barely get stuff in there. I know there'd be no way to get it back in there without taking the belt off if I ever needed it. Any suggestions?

https://i.ibb.co/sWDGSgD/20200116-193649.jpg

Or if you did just throw it in a cargo pocket or down your shirt
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 12:08:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#3]
Do not... I repeat... DO NOT... Go to Arbor Arms USA. It is a black hole of web gear doo dads that you're going to end up drunk-buying at 3 o'clock in the morning.

I just spent an hour looking at 87,000 different ways of mounting my HT to my plate carrier.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

EDIT:

They also might have the best PVS-14 pouch I've ever come across.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 8:05:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 8:12:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ecgRN:
https://i.imgur.com/QLQnN22.jpg?1
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 10:22:12 PM EDT
[#6]
During the BF sale, I ordered a Safariland 6390 for my 1911 in hopes it would fit even though Safariland said it would not (holster supports rail/light, my barebones 1911 supports neither). It locks in (I've been unable to remove it from the holster without using the ALS thumb lever, so far), but it's loose and is gonna rattle around something fierce if I start moving.

Can anyone recommend a 1911 holster that would fit, similar to the Safariland (would have been mid-ride, ALS retention)? I'm not seeing much with active retention that isn't a strap.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 10:31:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Zirak:
During the BF sale, I ordered a Safariland 6390 for my 1911 in hopes it would fit even though Safariland said it would not (holster supports rail/light, my barebones 1911 supports neither). It locks in (I've been unable to remove it from the holster without using the ALS thumb lever, so far), but it's loose and is gonna rattle around something fierce if I start moving.

Can anyone recommend a 1911 holster that would fit, similar to the Safariland (would have been mid-ride, ALS retention)? I'm not seeing much with active retention that isn't a strap.
View Quote

G Code SOC
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 10:48:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I've never used an uber-stiff duty belt before, is this normal?

Link Posted: 12/9/2020 10:52:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 10:59:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

Yes. But I prefer to weave it the other direction so the belt loses less material and velcro belts have more exposed velcro for more contact with the inner belt.
View Quote

This. Run the belt through the outside instead of the inside first.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 11:35:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

Yes. But I prefer to weave it the other direction so the belt loses less material and velcro belts have more exposed velcro for more contact with the inner belt.
View Quote

Originally Posted By GingerShanks:

This. Run the belt through the outside instead of the inside first.
View Quote

I have an FDE 6070 mid ride UBL with the QLS 22 receiver (that's a fucking mouthful ) on the way so I'll wait 'til that shows up to re-weave it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 6:17:35 AM EDT
[#12]

View Quote
did you try to tighten down the light retention screw ?  even without a light it might tighten the holster down enough keep it from rattling

Link Posted: 12/11/2020 2:14:28 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

Try this You can get the attachment to pot it on a battle belt for around 20 bucks.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 4:31:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Patchgunner] [#14]
First tactical Timmy belt setup.  

AWS lab belt.  Esstac Black Friday pouches.  

Waiting on a safariland holster.  

Self made drop setup for the RTI wheel with adapter for safari land.  

Amazon thigh strap.  

Need a pouch for dumpz.  

what do i feed betta fish
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 10:41:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Just installed the "nub". Should be OEM on safariland holsters.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 10:43:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ecgRN:
Just installed the "nub". Should be OEM on safariland holsters.
View Quote

Truth
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 10:44:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Patchgunner:

Amazon thigh strap.  

Need a pouch for dumpz.  

https://i.postimg.cc/hvWTwMgH/4-DE94-FC1-F2-D5-486-C-8-ABC-08-B0808-A1-E64.jpgwhat do i feed betta fish
View Quote

Velocity or BFG
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 2:42:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 1iviper:
did you try to tighten down the light retention screw ?  even without a light it might tighten the holster down enough keep it from rattling
View All Quotes

Will try and remember to give this a shot tomorrow.

Originally Posted By lorazepam:
Try this You can get the attachment to pot it on a battle belt for around 20 bucks.

Man, if it's as simple as "get a belt slide holster that supports a 1911 and add a mid-ride attachment", that'll be awesome.

Now I need to confirm my barrel length, which I shoulda done originally.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 1:46:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Patchgunner:

Amazon thigh strap.  

Need a pouch for dumpz.  

https://i.postimg.cc/hvWTwMgH/4-DE94-FC1-F2-D5-486-C-8-ABC-08-B0808-A1-E64.jpgwhat do i feed betta fish
View Quote

Your hanger looks great.  I’m going to try the same thing using a piece of 5mm thick carbon fiber.  What material did you use for your’s?
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 2:14:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By tnmnmnan:

Your hanger looks great.  I’m going to try the same thing using a piece of 5mm thick carbon fiber.  What material did you use for your’s?
View Quote

Machined out of 6061 and than cerakoted.   Turned out neat fits belts up to 2.25 and molle.  

I got annoyed trying to piece together all the right shit for a belt setup.  I noticed there was nothing out there specifically for gcode which is what I prefer.  The true north is nice but it gets expensive fast.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 10:00:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Picked up a few holsters from Safariland during their black friday sale, got to have options.

HSGI padded belt and riggers inner belt
ATS double pistol pouch
Chase tactical M4 double pouch
Granite gear dump trunk dump pouch
Condor ripaway Ifak
North American rescue turiquiet velcro holder
Leatherman Mut
Safariland 6360 als/sls on qls mid ride ubl
Avon C50 in a detachable drop leg pouch

Link Posted: 12/13/2020 12:29:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Raptor Odin belt.  BFG tenspeed dual pistol and rifle mag pouches, baton/flashlight pouch, mini dump pouch. Coyote burrito ifak.  Safariland holster.  Velcro and clip for gloves.

Link Posted: 12/13/2020 12:33:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Hojo15:
Picked up a few holsters from Safariland during their black friday sale, got to have options.

HSGI padded belt and riggers inner belt
ATS double pistol pouch
Chase tactical M4 double pouch
Granite gear dump trunk dump pouch
Condor ripaway Ifak
North American rescue turiquiet velcro holder
Leatherman Mut
Safariland 6360 als/sls on qls mid ride ubl
Avon C50 in a detachable drop leg pouch

https://i.imgur.com/IR8fIGL.jpg
View Quote
son of a bitch! I didnt know they did Black friday sales.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 7:44:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By flgfish:
Raptor Odin belt.  BFG tenspeed dual pistol and rifle mag pouches, baton/flashlight pouch, mini dump pouch. Coyote burrito ifak.  Safariland holster.  Velcro and clip for gloves.

https://i.imgur.com/P7Pn9SJ.jpg
View Quote

Where did you get the Ouch Pouch patch?
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 9:37:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Detn8r-Red2:

Where did you get the Ouch Pouch patch?
View Quote

They're available on Amazon.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 10:35:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

I think the nub has limited benefits for most of their holsters but it is well worth the price on their 1911 holsters.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/433221/KIMG0662_JPG-1161440_jpeg-1720326.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 03RN:
Originally Posted By Harv24:
Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me brother...

I think the nub has limited benefits for most of their holsters but it is well worth the price on their 1911 holsters.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/433221/KIMG0662_JPG-1161440_jpeg-1720326.JPG

It should be against the law for Safariland to sell that holster without the Nub, I've only been doing a little dry-fire practice with the holster and that extra bit of plastic around the thumb-safety is already driving me nuts
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 1:50:50 PM EDT
[#27]
It appears they’ve made the thumb release bigger on newer holsters. Still not as big as the nub mod though.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 2:10:44 PM EDT
[#28]

snake eater tactical ftw
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 4:25:44 PM EDT
[#29]

I like the idea of placing Velcro gear mounting loops on the inside of the belt but from the video below, the entire setup looks a bit floppy. Has that been your experience?

War Belt Overview - Snake Eater Tactical
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 6:59:20 PM EDT
[#30]

Man, if it's as simple as "get a belt slide holster that supports a 1911 and add a mid-ride attachment", that'll be awesome.

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By lorazepam:

After looking again at the current holster, two things. First, it's not as wobbly as I remembered in my head, but still not great. Second, there's no light retention screw that I can find. It's an ALS holster, so lockup is on the slide, and the light, if installed, would just keep the twist from occurring.

I went ahead and ordered the 7377 off of Amazon. If it fits, all I need to do is get a QLS belt mount, which I was gonna do anyway.

Meanwhile, my Dark Angel IFAK is somewhere in the ether, courtesy of USPS.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 8:46:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By PFran42:

I like the idea of placing Velcro gear mounting loops on the inside of the belt but from the video below, the entire setup looks a bit floppy. Has that been your experience?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h8YK4xlQs0
View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h8YK4xlQs0
looks floppy but its not.  molle flops just as much.

Link Posted: 12/14/2020 10:44:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Turned out neat.  Just need safariland to ship my holster.

" />

" />
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 12:38:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#33]
What the deal with Safariland MLS? I hardly see it on war belts. Too fragile?

Seems like it would be a good idea if you like to rotate pistols and pistol mags.

Edit:

Meant to type “MLS”
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 12:47:39 AM EDT
[#34]
What the deal with Safariland MLS? I hardly see it on war belts. Too fragile?

Seems like it would be a good idea if you like to rotate pistols and pistol mags.

Edit:

Meant to type “MLS”
View Quote

A lot of folks use the QLS for holsters. I do on a few platforms. MLS is for molle...
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 12:55:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TCBA_Joe] [#35]
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 5:26:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Picked up a Blue Alpha Gear belt today, along with all the fixings. All the pouches are HSGI.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 1:34:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Attachment Attached File

After weeks of reading this thread I came to the conclusion that I needed a belt setup. So here’s my mismatched setup. The Velcro one wrap trick is awesome, still need something to put the flashlight  in.

HSGI cop lock belt
HSGI tacos for mags and multi tool
North American Rescue IFAK w/TQ
Benchmade 7 hook
Safariland for G19
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 5:11:35 PM EDT
[#38]

After looking again at the current holster, two things. First, it's not as wobbly as I remembered in my head, but still not great. Second, there's no light retention screw that I can find. It's an ALS holster, so lockup is on the slide, and the light, if installed, would just keep the twist from occurring.

I went ahead and ordered the 7377 off of Amazon. If it fits, all I need to do is get a QLS belt mount, which I was gonna do anyway.

Meanwhile, my Dark Angel IFAK is somewhere in the ether, courtesy of USPS.
View Quote

New belt slide holster is here, and it fits my 1911 perfectly. And... the mounting holes are two-three inches higher than on my mid-ride relative to the top of the holster, which means the pistols will ride at different heights if I just swap holsters via QLS.

They just couldn't make this easy.

Now I need to figure out whether to just roll with the different heights between tight holsters, use the previous purchase (1911, loose) along with the good one for my 226 to keep heights even, or try and return both in favor of something like a g-code soc.

Dammit. I just want swappable tactical holsters for both my full-size pistols, is that too much to ask?

On the other hand, my IFAK showed up today and my belt is supposed to arrive Friday.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 1:07:06 PM EDT
[#39]

This is what I’m thinking about going with...  can you give details?
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 5:09:17 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

@Zakk_Wylde_470

Talk to me about the Tubes/ Cummerbund attachment kit I see here. How do you like it? Link?
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 5:11:56 PM EDT
[#41]
crye mrb 2.0

https://i.postimg.cc/TPGHkvTG/20201119_162249.jpg
View Quote

@ 1iviper

Talk to me about that holster, is it cut for an ALG Six Second Mount? Thanks much
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 5:18:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Stonecutter6:

@Zakk_Wylde_470

Talk to me about the Tubes/ Cummerbund attachment kit I see here. How do you like it? Link?
View All Quotes

@Zakk_Wylde_470

It's a Krydex retrofit kit I found on Amazon.  My plate carrier cost less than the Beez cummerbund with tubes so I decided it wasn't really a worthwhile purchase.  I love it, I'm as low-speed/high-drag as they come and while I'm sure experienced users have more intelligently-informed opinions but I can't see a reason to not use them.

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 12/18/2020 11:25:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Mpnelson81:

This is what I'm thinking about going with...  can you give details?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mpnelson81:

This is what I'm thinking about going with...  can you give details?
@Mpnelson81

multicam fastfits L / amazon hanger
snakeeater pistols/rifle burros
bfg dump
bfg micro ifak belt mount
true north concepts drop
qvo secondary holster / qls fork
teardrop / amazon thigh strap
soil eater tq pouch / cat7
hsgi micro inner liner
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 12:15:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By ThrustMyStoma:
@Mpnelson81

multicam fastfits L / amazon hanger
snakeeater pistols/rifle burros
bfg dump
bfg micro ifak belt mount
true north concepts drop
qvo secondary holster / qls fork
teardrop / amazon thigh strap
soil eater tq pouch / cat7
hsgi micro inner liner
View Quote

thanks!
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 8:13:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Solace22] [#45]
Well ive been slowly getting some things sorted for a chest rig and now a belt.
Ive been trying to see what you all have for First aid. It looks like most of you keep it really simple. sheers, tourniquet etc.

I bought this but in hind sight I think it might be a touch too big for some sort of belt carry.
The measurements showed "6.5 x 4 x 8 inches" but its more like "6.5x 6.5"x 7.5"
So I could probably split the kit in half maybe and get a smaller pouch for it.
Can I see pics of what you guys are runnin'? (ive been looking through the thread)
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 12:00:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zakk_Wylde_470] [#46]
Still have to dial in holster/mag pouch positions and pack the med pouch but overall I'm very satisfied with how my setup turned out.

Volund Gearworks 2" Atlas duty-belt with 1.75" Atlas G-Hook liner-belt.
Safariland 6354DO
Esstac triple gap KYWI
Coyote Tactical Burrito

Money will buy all the gucci-gear you want but it won't buy you the ability to compose and take a nice photo
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 7:45:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1iviper] [#47]

@ 1iviper

Talk to me about that holster, is it cut for an ALG Six Second Mount? Thanks much
View Quote
@Stonecutter6

it's an off the grid concept's adr holster for the 6 second mount , it was grey kydex that i wrapped in gearskins

adr 6 second mount holster

Link Posted: 12/20/2020 3:58:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: oldbrowndog] [#48]
Originally Posted By Solace22:
Well ive been slowly getting some things sorted for a chest rig and now a belt.
Ive been trying to see what you all have for First aid. It looks like most of you keep it really simple. sheers, tourniquet etc.

I bought this but in hind sight I think it might be a touch too big for some sort of belt carry.
The measurements showed "6.5 x 4 x 8 inches" but its more like "6.5x 6.5"x 7.5"
So I could probably split the kit in half maybe and get a smaller pouch for it.
Can I see pics of what you guys are runnin'? (ive been looking through the thread)
View Quote

@Solace22

Carry only medical kit you’ve been trained on and can use comfortably under stress. Generally, gloves, shears, TQs, chest seals, gauze to pack wounds, potentially an Israeli bandage or two, then some type of Kerlex or similar to bind wounds. If you get advanced training, a NAR SPEAR or similar to decompress tension pneumothorax.

Personally I prefer a BFG Micro Trauma Kit Now mounted at 6 o’clock on a belt.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 4:25:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By oldbrowndog:

@Solace22

Carry only medical kit you’ve been trained on and can use comfortably under stress. Generally, gloves, shears, TQs, chest seals, gauze to pack wounds, potentially an Israeli bandage or two, then some type of Kerlex or similar to bind wounds. If you get advanced training, a NAR SPEAR or similar to decompress tension pneumothorax.

Personally I prefer a BFG Micro Trauma Kit Now mounted at 6 o’clock on a belt.
View Quote

my wife was an er nurse for almost a decade and she did would care for many years after, im going to have her run through some things and maybe scale it back a touch. thanks for your reply
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 4:39:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By oldbrowndog:

@Solace22

Carry only medical kit you've been trained on and can use comfortably under stress. Generally, gloves, shears, TQs, chest seals, gauze to pack wounds, potentially an Israeli bandage or two, then some type of Kerlex or similar to bind wounds. If you get advanced training, a NAR SPEAR or similar to decompress tension pneumothorax.

Personally I prefer a BFG Micro Trauma Kit Now mounted at 6 o'clock on a belt.
View Quote
I disagree with this. Carry a full IFAK. The person coming to your aid may have the training to use it even if you don't, as is the case for the guys I train with.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top