Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 153
Posted: 7/14/2009 9:12:11 PM EDT
As the title states show your war belt and first line setups complete with component rundowns and even costs. There are alot of seperate threads on this but no one thread with everybodies setups.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 10:55:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

Take your tourniquet out of that package and stage the windlass strap properly.

The plastic isn't providing any protection but it is presenting lost time of you need to use it.
View Quote

Good points. I need to figure out how to mount it. I'll post back when I figure it out. Hopefully this week.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 10:59:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By KTM300XCW:

Good points. I need to figure out how to mount it. I'll post back when I figure it out. Hopefully this week.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

Take your tourniquet out of that package and stage the windlass strap properly.

The plastic isn't providing any protection but it is presenting lost time of you need to use it.

Amazon has a bunch of CAT Tq pouches for sale. I think mine's an ATG.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 11:03:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By wtfboombrb:

Amazon has a bunch of CAT Tq pouches for sale. I think mine's an ATG.
View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 11:04:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KTM300XCW] [#4]
what dump pouches do you guys recommend if I wanted to go away from the one I have that eats up so much belt space? Mine is the CSM which gets great reviews.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 11:06:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Velocity has a small molle mount one. I think blue force gear still makes theirs.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 11:23:14 PM EDT
[#6]
what dump pouches do you guys recommend if I wanted to go away from the one I have that eats up so much belt space? Mine is the CSM which gets great reviews.
View Quote

Big fan of the CSM, it's what I use.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 11:50:00 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Blue Force Gear is one of, if not the smallest and lightest. I really like mine.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 11:51:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 11:53:25 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

As much as I dislike the guy, T-Rex Arms makes the best dump pouch I've used so far.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 9:22:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm  going to keep the CSM dump pouch and figure out how to add the TQ holder. Ideally next to the IFAK or above the dump pouch.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 12:14:32 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

I just used my T-Rex Arms one for the first time. It works great. I have nothing to compare it to though.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 12:44:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By michaelwesten:

Yeah it’s their “OD”

I just threw a piece of loop material inside of the pocket on the pouch and slapped the patch right onto the loop that is exposed through the laser cuts... holds great
View Quote

Thanks man, i'm going back and forth on swapping out the STOMP for the Micro TKN. I would need to lose the Israeli bandage though since I think it would be too much for the MTKN.

The STOMP is awesome, but sometimes I feel it's a bit much.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 3:33:35 AM EDT
[#13]
New belt set up, had some of these pouches lying around, a few of them are brand spanking new. I just swapped out my Defense Mechanisms dump pouch for a BFG ten speed dump pouch, saved a bit of space, probably not any weight. I recently jumped into the negative cant on my holster and am loving it.

Blue Alpha Gear belt
Defense Mechanisms pistol and rifle magazine pouches
Blue Force Gear dump pouch
Blue Force Gear micro trauma kit now
True North Concepts holster hanger with a T-rex arms Raptorcock or whatever they call it

Link Posted: 7/31/2020 6:22:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ttac0] [#14]
Update for my belt. Picked up the QVO Secondary to replace the T-Rex Ragnarok. Not a fan of T-Rex at all. The QVO includes much better hardware, better retention, supper snappy.

So, as it sits:
SOE 1.75 D-Ring Cobra Belt, loop lined
Snake Eater Tactical Hypalon Liner Belt
Soileater CAT BMTH (Belt Mounted Tourniquet Holder)
True North Concepts MHA (Modular Holster Adapter) set as low as it goes
Safariland QLS attachment system
QVO Secondary Holster
Blue Force Gear Micro Trauma Kit (slightly modified internals)
Blue Force Gear Micro Dump Pouch
Esstac KYWI Shorty 2+1
Gunning With Scicssors Glove Clip

I think that's it. Keeping it minimal.

Link Posted: 7/31/2020 9:21:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TinyCrumb] [#15]
- Ferro Bison Belt
- Safariland ALS
- Glock 19X
- TQ
- BFG IFAK
- TAD Knife
- Esstac Pouches
- Pig Gloves

Link Posted: 7/31/2020 9:30:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:
- Ferro Bison Belt
- Safariland ALS
- Glock 19X
- TQ
- BFG IFAK
- TAD Knife
- Esstac Pouches
- Pig Gloves

https://i.imgur.com/Cogxvzt.jpg
View Quote

I swear I just saw this on the gram a little while ago
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 11:17:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Attachment Attached File

Eagle OGB
Coolguysurplus belt hook in front of mag pouches
Esstac kywis
Tyr dump pouch
LBX blowout pouch
QVO Secondary holster
RDR Gear wrapped UBL w/1.75 mod (not shown)
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 8:48:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rex_Allen] [#18]
Attachment Attached File

My belt. I wear it 40+ hours a week and it works fantastic.

Ronin TF belt
Blue alpha low pro edc inner
Cheap clip from amazon for keys gloves etc
Esstac double pistol
Esstac single rifle
Combat medical mojo ifak
Handcuffs
Safariland holster with m&p 2.0 9mm
  With qls for easy changing of gun and holster and trex arms leg strap
Soul eater TQ holder with a CAT TQ
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 3:46:51 PM EDT
[#19]
HSGI belt with micro grip inner
T-Rex Arms Ragnarok holster and dump pouch
Safariland UBL mid ride
Esstac pouches

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 9:37:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By AKCory762:
Safariland UBL mid ride
Esstac pouches

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/346339/D30ECAEB-FCF3-4C22-8040-A8266848098C_jpe-1576854.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/346339/4689CBED-1884-4FD6-ACF5-8F5E8F9499E3_jpe-1576855.JPG
View Quote

Are those the Moab base plates? How do you like them?

I got some for some of my Gen 5 mags for my 19x, but I havent used them yet
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 12:36:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 6:43:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Blue Alpha molle belt, Esstac, Blue Force Gear.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/8/2020 9:33:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By LiveFree482:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/299060/A768C5BE-580D-49A5-B988-3925CF976B35_jpe-1581837.JPG
View Quote

You look to have the opposite issue I do. I shoot pistol right and rifle left.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 7:30:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By ttac0:
Decided to do a video of my 1st line belt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VLkn0SMZIQ

And contents of the IFAK, ignore the end where I mentioned I have the Coban wrapped around a pack of NAR compressed gauze. That has chaged. I'm now running a second IFAK in the drop pouch on my plate carrier with gauze and another Eleven10 4" flat pack trauma bandage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vpltoMgQKI
View Quote
@ttac0 good vids man thanks for sharing.

What happened w Trex arms I'm interested because I've been sitting on a cart waiting to checkout...
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 7:37:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AKCory762:
Safariland UBL mid ride
Esstac pouches

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/346339/D30ECAEB-FCF3-4C22-8040-A8266848098C_jpe-1576854.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/346339/4689CBED-1884-4FD6-ACF5-8F5E8F9499E3_jpe-1576855.JPG

Vickers tactical. They’re good for the war belt but for CCW they add unnecessary bulk.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 7:54:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By cofi:
I just bought a ronin senshi belt and want to get esstac mag holders what is the better attachment the wtf straps or the 2" belt loop?
View Quote
I really like the WTF straps.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 4:48:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bayrunner83] [#27]
Attachment Attached File

Sorry for the iPotato picture. This is what I have so far.

A condor belt
esstac pistol mag pouches
esstac AR mag pouch
Safariland 6365, ALS/SLS, Level 3 Retention Duty Holster (which is the bulkiest damn holster I have ever used, but I like it so far)

I have a NA rescue M-Fac kit but im not sure where im going to put it yet. I want to be able to sit down without stuff in the small of my back. I also want to learn how to use the stuff in the kit before I put it on there. Hopefully another VPC event will happen soon that I can attend.
I have a condor dump pouch in my shopping cart for my next amazon order and I want to get a flashlight pouch as well.
I need to get a light for my P229.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 5:49:48 PM EDT
[#28]
I appreciate all the posts. It's hard to really discern the differences between belts because they all look so similar. Currently I have one of the bigger VTAC padded belts but I'm looking for something smaller and more modern. Maybe an inner outer combo. I run kywis, tacos, trex dump, and safariland holster. I'm about 40 lb lighter from when I got my original belt so I really have to be careful about sizing. I wish these were more commonplace and the average store where you could go try on belts to get an idea of what you really want to buy
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 6:23:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By JoeMal:
I appreciate all the posts. It's hard to really discern the differences between belts because they all look so similar. Currently I have one of the bigger VTAC padded belts but I'm looking for something smaller and more modern. Maybe an inner outer combo. I run kywis, tacos, trex dump, and safariland holster. I'm about 40 lb lighter from when I got my original belt so I really have to be careful about sizing. I wish these were more commonplace and the average store where you could go try on belts to get an idea of what you really want to buy
View Quote

There's a lot of choices. What I will caution is to make sure your inner,  outer system is compatible.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 6:57:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By JoeMal:
View Quote

I bought a BAE Systems Assault belt as my first because it's highly adjustable, inexpensive, and sizing scared me after reading a ton of buyer reviews on the inner and outer belt setups.

After adjusting the BAE fit to my liking, the sizing is all figured out if I want to upgrade. It's working very well for what I want in a belt so no reason to change at this time.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 11:15:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Attachment Attached File

HSGI belt.
EMDOM USA inner belt (not pictured) is what I usually use with this.
Vedder 92FS holster.
Gadsden Dynamics MOLLE hook loop with some SKD PIG gloves.
Dark Angel Medical SLIM kit.
Blue Force Gear micro dump pouch.
EMDOM USA Small Vertical Pouch (notebooks, range card, pen, mask, ear pro, multi tool, multi tool attachments, and my phone if necessary)
HSGI double M4 mag TACO pouch.
HSGI double pistol mag TACO pouch.

Link Posted: 10/7/2020 11:21:14 PM EDT
[#32]

Copy
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 9:47:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Working on putting a new belt system together

Link Posted: 10/10/2020 7:09:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By KennyW1983:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/298946/C34D5477-631C-4473-BF64-8964A368E3C9_jpe-1600198.JPG

A condor belt
esstac AR mag pouch
Safariland 6365, ALS/SLS, Level 3 Retention Duty Holster (which is the bulkiest damn holster I have ever used, but I like it so far)

I have a NA rescue M-Fac kit but im not sure where im going to put it yet. I want to be able to sit down without stuff in the small of my back. I also want to learn how to use the stuff in the kit before I put it on there. Hopefully another VPC event will happen soon that I can attend.
I have a condor dump pouch in my shopping cart for my next amazon order and I want to get a flashlight pouch as well.
View Quote

Dumb question but I've been searching all over for answer..

I purchased a Gadsen Dynamics battle belt to set up for "bump in the night" issues and pair with my nightstand gun (I'm setting up another inner/outer belt system for range/etc) - my issue is the belt it so tall I can't route it through my Safariland midride drop - I see you have a similar setup, what did you do? Some sort of malice clips or similar to attach to the molle?
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 9:01:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By MikeyCNY:

I purchased a Gadsen Dynamics battle belt to set up for "bump in the night" issues and pair with my nightstand gun (I'm setting up another inner/outer belt system for range/etc) - my issue is the belt it so tall I can't route it through my Safariland midride drop - I see you have a similar setup, what did you do? Some sort of malice clips or similar to attach to the molle?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KennyW1983:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/298946/C34D5477-631C-4473-BF64-8964A368E3C9_jpe-1600198.JPG

A condor belt
esstac AR mag pouch

Cant speak for who for who you quoted, but I have the same belt. It fit my Safariland fine. Separated the inner/outer, and just threaded it through
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 9:06:17 PM EDT
[#36]
when we gonna wear this stuff?
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 9:14:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Madmartagain:
View Quote

Mine gets use
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 9:17:10 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Bro do you even Cola Warrior/APC/2-Gun/LARP bro
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 9:17:19 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Soon...
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 10:10:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Cant speak for who for who you quoted, but I have the same belt. It fit my Safariland fine. Separated the inner/outer, and just threaded it through
View Quote

I should have worded it better - I have a separate battle belt that has an inner/outer, but the Gadsen Dynamics holster is the one-piece design so I can throw it on while naked in PJs. Hopefully this image works:

There is no way to route the holster's belt loops through. Although now that I found that image, I also found this drop leg molle adapter kit - https://www.gadsdendynamics.com/products/molle-belt-drop-leg-adapter - but I'm looking to use a Safariland Mid Ride not a leg drop...
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:43:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Real question, how is the inner/outer belt combo going to work in the cold weather when you have to where more than a tucked in shirt, a coat over the belt with everything on it?
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:49:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Pull it off the inner and wear it over the outer garment. Or get a slim padded inner for wearing over clothing for folks that have a hook lined outer belt.

Link Posted: 10/11/2020 4:04:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By LiveFree482:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/299060/A768C5BE-580D-49A5-B988-3925CF976B35_jpe-1581837.JPG
View Quote

What knife?
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 4:06:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By flpickupman:
Pull it off the inner and wear it over the outer garment. Or get a slim padded inner for wearing over clothing for folks that have a hook lined outer belt.

View Quote

This. It's what I do
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 4:17:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By RuKuS:

What knife?
View Quote
Kabar TDI
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 4:25:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By flpickupman:

View Quote

Yeah that's what I was talking about, the two belts that velcro together.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 9:46:13 PM EDT
[#47]
New holster, think i'm done now.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/13/2020 7:27:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By JohnAdamsIII:
Real question, how is the inner/outer belt combo going to work in the cold weather when you have to where more than a tucked in shirt, a coat over the belt with everything on it?
View Quote

That seems to be an issue with a lot of outer belts. The narrow range of adjustment.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 7:38:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By JohnAdamsIII:
View Quote

Real answer;   throw a coat on and figure out how to make it work.  Not everything requires a different piece of gear.  Train with what you have and adapt to make it work
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#50]
I should have worded it better - I have a separate battle belt that has an inner/outer, but the Gadsen Dynamics holster is the one-piece design so I can throw it on while naked in PJs. Hopefully this image works:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1449/7850/products/warbelt-basic-MUC_1024x1024.jpg?v=1528087257

There is no way to route the holster's belt loops through. Although now that I found that image, I also found this drop leg molle adapter kit - https://www.gadsdendynamics.com/products/molle-belt-drop-leg-adapter - but I'm looking to use a Safariland Mid Ride not a leg drop...
View Quote

Any other ideas? I’ve been doing more research and only possible fix I’ve found is to go for a drop-leg style. As this is intended for “bump in the night” style I wasn’t looking for a leg loop etc setup.

I would be using a Safariland ALS/SLS holster but would prefer a slight drop-down in ride height.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top