Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 153
Posted: 7/14/2009 9:12:11 PM EDT
As the title states show your war belt and first line setups complete with component rundowns and even costs. There are alot of seperate threads on this but no one thread with everybodies setups.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 11:48:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Guardian223:

It’s the blue force gear micro trama kit now that I’m looking at! So it sounds like the belt mount may be the way to go, thank you for the suggestions!
View Quote

Belt mount is definitely the way to go. It's not a full slider, just the velcro tabs like I said. I can get pics of it tonight when I'm home from work.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 12:16:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been quietly watching this thread and have a question.  I notice a lot of people have their holster setup lower on the belt, and a thigh strap to add stability while mobile.  Anyone feel this impedes them or gets annoying at all?  With it sitting low, any issues with sitting in a vehicle?
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 12:20:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Weasel_Master:
I've been quietly watching this thread and have a question.  I notice a lot of people have their holster setup lower on the belt, and a thigh strap to add stability while mobile.  Anyone feel this impedes them or gets annoying at all?  With it sitting low, any issues with sitting in a vehicle?
View Quote

I do not have personal experience with this, however I've heard from several people that it can be a little uncomfortable while sitting in vehicles,  especially for extended periods of time. Its certainly more of a mobile setup for when sitting down a lot isnt a major factor.

Either a belt slide or lower thigh rig should alleviate this.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 12:32:47 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

No impediment or annoyance at all. The drop I have on mine is from when I was in LE. There was some annoying times but that depended more on the vehicle than the holster. It sits at my natural arm length otherwise.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:47:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By sconnieVLP:

Belt mount is definitely the way to go. It's not a full slider, just the velcro tabs like I said. I can get pics of it tonight when I'm home from work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sconnieVLP:

It’s the blue force gear micro trama kit now that I’m looking at! So it sounds like the belt mount may be the way to go, thank you for the suggestions!

Man you guys had me sold on the belt slide mount but I just got this response from Blue Alpha Gear and it had me back to square 1.

Hey — my recommendation would be MOLLE. I have one and have it attached via MOLLE, in my opinion MOLLE is actually more secure than any other option.
I hope that helps!

I left out names for obvious reasons. But good news is that it looks like both options work I just need to make a choice. Probably still going to go belt slide I think, but really impressed with customer service from Blue Alpha Gear with the quick response. Glad I ordered from them.

Link Posted: 4/2/2020 2:53:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Man you guys had me sold on the belt slide mount but I just got this response from Blue Alpha Gear and it had me back to square 1.

Hey — my recommendation would be MOLLE. I have one and have it attached via MOLLE, in my opinion MOLLE is actually more secure than any other option.
I hope that helps!

I left out names for obvious reasons. But good news is that it looks like both options work I just need to make a choice. Probably still going to go belt slide I think, but really impressed with customer service from Blue Alpha Gear with the quick response. Glad I ordered from them.

View Quote

That's a fair statement, it probably is more secure. That being said I haven't had any issues with mine from that perspective. No issues getting in/out of vehicles, harnesses, etc.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 4:41:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JR12Valve] [#7]
Eh, I’ll play. Mismatched camo gang.

Stormrider belt, G-Code softshell scorpion mag carriers, Safariland with nub mod, and Spiritus fanny sack for med stuff. Probably going to throw another pistol mag on there to round out the weight.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 6:13:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Dude, Mismatched color gear is the sign of competence... shows you don't give a shit about looks, only performance... Wear that shit with pride...
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 7:20:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 11:35:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigD18] [#10]
Blue Alpha belt with micro trauma MOLLE mounted strong the 5:00 position

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 11:41:22 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

I prefer to not have a thigh strap but one of the holsters I use requires it, so its something I just deal with
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:46:39 AM EDT
[#12]
I'll play with my cobbled together get up.

Attachment Attached File

Base belt is a Crye AVS I picked up just last week for CHEAP!

From left is an Esstac Kywi Double Pistol Gap, a Tac Tailor Fight Light Dump Pouch, an old GI Saw Pouch for an IFAK, CAT in an AAC suppressor pouch, TRex Ragnarok for G19 or longer, and finally a leatherman Multitool I've had for at least a decade.

Priorities were fast and light while still retaining a set of essentials if ditching the PC for a chest rig end up happening, as well as being able to get LOW. Which is why the multitool is the only thing forward of my hips.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 7:29:33 AM EDT
[#13]
And you mixed your cammo….Nice...
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 7:55:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Harv24:
And you mixed your cammo….Nice...
View Quote

Is there any other way? I used what I had or could pick up for cheap. Matching was way low on the priority list. Althought I would very much like a releasable/better IFAK.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 9:25:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Harv24:
Dude, Mismatched color gear is the sign of competence... shows you don't give a shit about looks, only performance... Wear that shit with pride...
View Quote

Not that I care if people mis match their camo patterns but I really don't understand the logic here. Are you implying that companies who make good gear don't use common camo patterns?
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 9:32:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By wentz912:

Is there any other way? I used what I had or could pick up for cheap. Matching was way low on the priority list. Althought I would very much like a releasable/better IFAK.
View Quote

I might have a coyote IFAK cover if you want it. Or just hit that SOB with some krypton.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 9:41:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By wissota4:

Not that I care if people mis match their camo patterns but I really don't understand the logic here. Are you implying that companies who make good gear don't use common camo patterns?
View Quote

What I'm saying is there are many of us who choice a piece of gear based on its design or Utility or don't get wrapped up in if it matches with other gear or not.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 11:38:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

I have both. I prefer padded warbelts for all day carry. Especially in the cold. Especially with suspenders.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 11:40:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 12:00:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 12:01:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 12:02:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 12:49:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By BobRoberts:

I might have a coyote IFAK cover if you want it. Or just hit that SOB with some krypton.
View Quote

Im trying to get a Esstac Blowout as soon as they catch up.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 1:42:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By wentz912:

Im trying to get a Esstac Blowout as soon as they catch up.
View Quote
SKD has them in stock in ranger green and multicam, if that is an option for you. I refuse to buy from them though.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 5:12:06 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

I use Safariland holsters with a mid ride UBL.  I can get by without a single strap but I don't like the extra movement.  I keep the single strap threaded through behind the QLS attachment.  Once strapped, I don't notice it.  As far as a lower holster getting in the way in a car or a restricted seating area, that's partly why I like the QLS.  Not only does it allow me to swap pistols on my one belt, but it's easy to pull the holster off when getting in a vehicle and click it back in as soon as I get out.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 7:07:50 PM EDT
[#26]
I Have a dump pouch. The idea being mag retention. No guarantee I will have a ready resupply of mags I wish to retain all of mine. Being of small waist this pouch takes up real estate. Not leaving any for an IFAK. So just running a TQ on the belt is the compromise at this point. Does anyone have an Idea if my reasoning is sound or not. Any input welcome.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 7:15:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 7:40:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Just started swapping all my G-code shit to Safariland, got four holsters swapped so far, and a couple mounts.

Next I need to mod my M320 rig to the Safariland QLS from G-code.

Link Posted: 4/5/2020 7:41:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 7:44:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By bcauz3y:

Personally I'm not a fan of dump pouches for that purpose. You can either drop them in a cargo pocket or reinsert them into a pouch if you need to retain them.

Plugging holes and making holes. Everything else is tertiary.

IFAK is mandatory. There are a lot of options for adding TQs to the belt that don't eat real estate. These are on a PC, but you can use a similar method.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/221816/Photo_-_Google_Photos-1262272.png

View Quote

I must admit I have used the dump pouch minimally. Perhaps replacing it with an IFAK of the same footprint and training to retain empty mags a different way is in order.

Thanks for your input
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 9:30:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By YoteSlayer69:
I Have a dump pouch. The idea being mag retention. No guarantee I will have a ready resupply of mags I wish to retain all of mine. Being of small waist this pouch takes up real estate. Not leaving any for an IFAK. So just running a TQ on the belt is the compromise at this point. Does anyone have an Idea if my reasoning is sound or not. Any input welcome.
View Quote

IFAK will always trump a dump pouch - question though, what dump pouch are you running? My collapsable pouch takes only two columns. Have a photo of your belt?
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 12:13:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 6:00:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BoatingAccident] [#33]

Sweet setup. Looking to run something very similar.  What are you using to secure the esstac pouches?  I dislike the tail that sticks out with malice and the wtf straps.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 4:25:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Been reading and lurking for a while, awesome insight on this thread!

I’m looking to put together a setup for myself and am torn between a Ronin Shutu or the TRex Orion belt. Price point they’re neck and neck it would seem, but in terms of mounting Kywis, medical pouch, and a holster which belt/attachment system is preferred?

I’m leaning Ronin so does that mean MALICE?

Any further recommendations on holsters? It’s either 6354DO or Ragnarok fore a Gen5 G34 w/X300.

Thanks fellas trying to buy once cry once on that .mil pay lol
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Midsheeple:
Any further recommendations on holsters? It’s either 6354DO or Ragnarok fore a Gen5 G34 w/X300.
View Quote

6390RDS
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 6:13:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Pleaforwar:

IFAK will always trump a dump pouch - question though, what dump pouch are you running? My collapsable pouch takes only two columns. Have a photo of your belt?
View Quote

Its a Rolly Polly. A pic of my setup is a page or two back. Down the thread is a solution I may try
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 6:13:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

Agree.

The solution I came up with at work was a maxpedition roll polly hanging from my belt loop below my belt using the SlikClip. Takes up no space on the belt; I have very little space due to the gear I'm required to carry. Moving it off the belt to the belt loop helped immensely.

Im a big fan of "make holes, patch holes" with minimal rifle sustainment. Belt loop dump pouch, IMO, is a easy to add that extra range/training piece of gear without needing to put it ON the belt.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:
Originally Posted By Pleaforwar:

Agree.

The solution I came up with at work was a maxpedition roll polly hanging from my belt loop below my belt using the SlikClip. Takes up no space on the belt; I have very little space due to the gear I'm required to carry. Moving it off the belt to the belt loop helped immensely.

Im a big fan of "make holes, patch holes" with minimal rifle sustainment. Belt loop dump pouch, IMO, is a easy to add that extra range/training piece of gear without needing to put it ON the belt.

This is well worth trying. Thank you
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 7:51:33 PM EDT
[#38]
One thing to consider, if you plan on wearing a rucksack or large pack with a warbelt you generally have to keep the entire rear of the belt clear so the pack can sit over it, versus on top of pouches pushing down.  This goes from being a mild annoyance to becoming a real issue as time progresses and you start to thin out from sweating out your water or not eating for a while.

Most bags can be adjusted so the waist strap rides over a molle belt as long as the back is clear and it doesnt start pushing on it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 7:55:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 10:30:00 PM EDT
[#40]

Blue Alpha Gear 1.75" Double Belt
Esstac Pouches
LBT Blowout
Blackpoint Holster w/ UBL & QLS (upgrading to ALS soon though)
Safariland Strap
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 11:43:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By BoatingAccident:

Sweet setup. Looking to run something very similar.  What are you using to secure the esstac pouches?  I dislike the tail that sticks out with malice and the wtf straps.  
View Quote

@boatingaccident
Thank you!
I use the plastic belt loops esstac sells. They're very nice.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 11:45:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Been reading and lurking for a while, awesome insight on this thread!

I’m looking to put together a setup for myself and am torn between a Ronin Shutu or the TRex Orion belt. Price point they’re neck and neck it would seem, but in terms of mounting Kywis, medical pouch, and a holster which belt/attachment system is preferred?

I’m leaning Ronin so does that mean MALICE?

Thanks fellas trying to buy once cry once on that .mil pay lol
View Quote

The esstac pouches secure to belt with belt loops you buy from esstac. The holster stays on belt with safariland ubl.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 9:09:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Thanks y’all, going to pull the trigger with Ronin soon
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 11:26:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Thanks y’all, going to pull the trigger with Ronin soon
View Quote

FYI and something I only recently found out from guys here is that Aws makes some/ all? of the belts for Ronin and AWS sells their own at half the price with the same quality.   Not touting the company as I just put my first order in for an aws lab belt but it's an option to save some money.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 11:41:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#45]
Originally Posted By Nightstalker32:

FYI and something I only recently found out from guys here is that Aws makes some/ all? of the belts for Ronin and AWS sells their own at half the price with the same quality.   Not touting the company as I just put my first order in for an aws lab belt but it's an option to save some money.
View Quote

AWS is ran by the ronin guy's dad iirc.  Also, the aws belt is not molle base.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 11:52:51 AM EDT
[#46]
True .  Aws uses attachment molle.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 11:57:05 AM EDT
[#47]
What do you guys prefer for you mag pouch attachment?  Molle or belt loop.  I am thinking about getting Blue Alpha Gear belt and a couple HSGI pouches and cant decide if I should get molle or not.
If I use this for competition as well I could see moving or changing mag pouches often.  Does that make a difference?  I would think the belt attachment would be easier to change around.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 1:12:52 PM EDT
[#48]
I have had no issues with belt mount systems. MOLLE can be a pain.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 2:04:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Eli23:
What do you guys prefer for you mag pouch attachment?  Molle or belt loop.  I am thinking about getting Blue Alpha Gear belt and a couple HSGI pouches and cant decide if I should get molle or not.
If I use this for competition as well I could see moving or changing mag pouches often.  Does that make a difference?  I would think the belt attachment would be easier to change around.

Thanks,
View Quote

If you're moving stuff around a lot the belt mounts are a lot easier.

I use belt mount for my competition belt and MOLLE for my work belt.  I prefer the MOLLE on that belt because it allows more contact between the inner and outer belts making it more secure.  That's nice when I'm climbing in and out of HMMWVs all day.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 2:55:49 PM EDT
[#50]

HSGI Cobra, tacos, G-Code, and Esstac belt loops.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top