Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2009 10:19:15 PM EDT
We're always talking about what are the 'best' boots... but what are some of the worst you've ever owned?

For me it was a pair of no name Chinese made boots I bought for when I didn't want to ruin my good boots (Cleaning up dog shit from the kennel and other dirty jobs)

http://www.soldiercity.com/black-speedlace-jungle-boots/p/10024

Did their job for a summer and I'd just hose them off, but holy hell did they wear out quickly and were uncomfortable.

They cost me less than $20 during a sale with free shipping... but looking back I wouldn't pay $5 for them now.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 11:33:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The pair I was issued in AF basic... Circa 1985.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:32:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Blackhawk zw7 side zip boot.

I got it out of the box and put it on.  Pulled the zipper up and the tab broke off.  The zipper pull was made of plastic!  Called Blackhawk and told them my beef and they said they would send a pickup for it to make it right.  Never showed up.  I called again and the same thing was said.  No pick up ever happened.  I took the boots to a local boot repair shop and had them put a metal zipper in the broken one.  I went to pick it up after a few days and the zipper was in, but the repairman said that this was the worst constructed pair of boots he has ever seen.  He had to take the boot pretty much apart to get the zipper in.  He said the zipper will fail, as the boot should have never had one in it.  Went home, put on the boots, and the zipper broke on the one again and then the other as I walked around the house in them.  

I will never waste my money on a pair of Blackhawk boots again.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:11:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Magnum Boots laste about 2 months tops.  Literally fell apart.  I have had bates that were awesome, and the neweer converse boots that also were great.  But no Pair has ever stacked up to any bates i have owned.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 2:39:02 AM EDT
[#4]
$49 Bates from Academy.

Lasted about 2.5 months.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 4:39:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Wolverines.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:30:54 AM EDT
[#6]
The high speed sneaker looking converse 8" with side zipper, tore my feet up. They are very light...
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:21:31 AM EDT
[#7]
These boots sucked for me!!!

These were the worst boots I have ever owned......Hands Down!!!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:33:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Bates FTW.  comfortable, but only lasted 6 months
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:39:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I have yet to own a pair of boots that were good for everything.
I have had great work boots (Georgia boots) that lasted a few years in the shop, but were slick as can be out doors on dirt and rock.
I have had great outdoor boots (Some cheap hunting boot I got at walmart)) that would get great traction, but didn't last six months of daily wear.
I have even had some that were uncomfortable as hell (Caterpillar boots) that lasted a while and got decent traction, just couldn't stand to wear them all day.

Last several years, I have come the conclusion that boots, clothes, firearms, whatever are all tools and the appropriate tool is needed for the job at hand. Work boots dont work for outdoors, Outdoor boots dont last long for daily wear. Everyone's foot is different.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:46:42 PM EDT
[#10]
5.11 boots (HRT I think)

they didnt hold up for daily use
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:39:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Ive had crap service from 2 pair of Belleville boots. I had a pair of 700ST's I wore 24/7 for 6 mo before the soles started to show very heavy wear, this from mostly working in a machine shop. After 9mo the stitches started to seperate around the midsole. Then the goretex liner tore and they leaked like crazy.

I decided to give them another try and order a pair of 800ST's. 3 mo and the heels were almost worn flat, and the stitching starts to fail. Its been 6mo and they dont leak yet. I figured a set of $180 boots should last a while... They were comfortable and I liked them until they fell apart. I do not know what to replace them with, probably some redwings.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:41:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Converse.  Very easy to tear them up with very low mileage.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:38:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Blackhawk, wore out in about 6 months.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:12:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Blackhawk boots suck switched back to the trusted rocky's
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:19:13 AM EDT
[#15]

Worst boots I ever had were a pair of magnums. They were so heavy clunky it was ridiculous.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top