Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 3:40:09 PM EDT
I decided it would be about time to invest in some decent quality gas masks for myself and a few people I care about.

Since I am buying 3 of these things, I'd like to keep the price down, but still get a great mask.

I'd like to get three of the same mask, for simplicity sake, and being able to shoulder a rifle while using the masks is a must.

So far, what I have seen that look like they would work are the following

Scott M95 NBC mask.  The speaking diaphragm and water bottle option seem nice here

Scott ProMask NBC.  The FOV looks very good on this mask, but I am not sure if that is more beneficial than the speaking/hydration abilities of the M95

Between the two, given price is the same and they use the same filters, which would you choose and why?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:48:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Read this article.  There's a lot of very good information here.

civiliancontractor.net/articles/gasmask.html
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:04:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Read this article.  There's a lot of very good information here.

civiliancontractor.net/articles/gasmask.html

That is a very good article. I was a bit confused on the differences between the systems, but that lays it out pretty clear.

That is a good idea to keep everything uniform, so much easier to deal with in the heat of the moment.

I think the features of the M95 are important, but you really need to try on these for yourself to see what will work or won't work for you.

^_^_^
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:26:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm most familiar with the Isreali masks since that is what I carried, but I'm planning on picking up an M95 down the road before 2008.  I got I feeling that with the way Bush is alienating everybody in the country, the Libtards have a decent chance of owning the gov.  That will leave us wide open for another major terrorist attack.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top