Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2006 7:44:10 AM EDT
Who has an inexpensive discreet carry case for ARs (need both A2 and carbine sizes) ?

Looking for best value, vendor, ect...
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:47:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I like my Blackhawk case.
About $100 (carbine length, 32" model).
1.  It has 2" webbing in the main case with two velcro straps to hold the rifle in place.
2.  The slightly smaller outer compartment is lined with velcro loops (soft side) that allow you to insert the 6-mag pouch (included) as well as other gear.  I sewed velcro hooks onto a bunch of other pouches to hold stuff.

I've made this my "deployment" bag, as it contains everything I need to use my AR for extended periods:
6 x30rnd mags
Dewey cleaning rod (one piece)
GI Cleaning kit
SureFire G2 w/SC1 spares kit
Spare parts kit (pins/springs/bolt)
Spare Aimpoint batteries
Small multitool
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:22:21 PM EDT
[#2]
How discreet?

Black / Tan / Brown rectangular cordura bag discreet? Or truely discreet?

There are several large size plastic tool boxes which will hold a carbine split in two very nicely. Also 'Bat Bags' (softball) will hold a Carbine or an AK and can be tossed over the shoulder while moving through a crowd.

Good luck
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:50:47 PM EDT
[#3]
This is what I mean by a Discreet style case

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:52:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I think w/o the extra pouches this would do nicely.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:51:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I own several of the discreet cases from Tac-Force (available here www.savvysurvivor.com/tacforcediscreetcase.htm).  Although this was orig. an airsoft case, I think this is a quaility piece of kit and is reasonably priced.  

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:28:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I really like my Blackhawk case.  It is the only piece of equipment I will buy from that company simply because the deisgn is better than Eagle's IMO.  The extra mag pouches are in a seperate exterior pouch rather than inside with the rifle where there is nothing but cordura seperating them.  I would be afraid that something could get damaged (but I'm also paranoid about my expensive toys).
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:32:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Get the Eagle Discreet Carry Case from SKD. I got one in Multicam and I love it. The rifle is secured with velcro loops. There are four mag pouches inside with velcro lids. There's also a large pocket as big as the case on the outside. A little too small for another AR, but a pistol gripped 870 fits nicely (or a bunch of ammo, batteries, accessories, etc.). The zippers are heavy duty. The handles are well constructed, as is the strap. It is the best case out there. Price, if I recall correctly, is $109 plus $5 shipping. SKD features $5 flat rate shipping no matter how much you buy.

Check it...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:02:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Get the Eagle Discreet Carry Case from SKD. I got one in Multicam and I love it. The rifle is secured with velcro loops. There are four mag pouches inside with velcro lids. There's also a large pocket as big as the case on the outside. A little too small for another AR, but a pistol gripped 870 fits nicely (or a bunch of ammo, batteries, accessories, etc.). The zippers are heavy duty. The handles are well constructed, as is the strap. It is the best case out there. Price, if I recall correctly, is $109 plus $5 shipping. SKD features $5 flat rate shipping no matter how much you buy.

Check it...

Discrete?
Multicam?  

I'm sorry, but I think Eagle was confused about the concept.  

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:58:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Is this discreet enough?

http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--FEN0991412000

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top