Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2006 8:12:12 AM EDT
I got a brand new weapon case (I think) a while back. I think it is Aerial Drop Case for a weapon but I am not sure. It is woodland camo, with some padding, lots of straps and silver metal buckles. I found a stamped marking (some of the markings are a little fudged so I am not sure if I read them correctly) and it reads:

81397-ASBY 11-1-6966-1
CONT. NO. DAAD - 15 -99-C-002
AERIAL 70133
Date MFR 5/00

Anybody got a clue as to specifically what this is?
Here are some pics:

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:21:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Ya know, IIRC it was decades ago when it was first published that marajuana makes ya forget things.

Take it ya forgot that fact too.................

Mike

ps - I find a receipt for the purchase always comes in handy at a time like this.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:44:35 AM EDT
[#2]
No receipt.  Got it with some other stuff.  Guy I got it from said it was a weapons case of some sort but not sure for what or how to use it.  It really does look like a drop case for some weapon.  I am trying to find out for what weapon specifically.

As for the marijuana.....never partook
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:18:54 AM EDT
[#3]
it's the container for "Parachute, Personnel Type: 24-Foot Diameter, Troop, Chest, Reserve"

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:26:06 AM EDT
[#4]
So it's a case that holds a packed parachute?  It seems awefully long for that...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:48:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
it's the container for "Parachute, Personnel Type: 24-Foot Diameter, Troop, Chest, Reserve"

If it's about 57" long, that's the one.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:59:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you've got it nailed.

Aw crap, what the hell am I going to do with this thing?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:11:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you've got it nailed.

Roll it up and smoke it!  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:30:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

A lot of good camo, straps, buckles, and hooks there. Find someone with a heavy duty sewing machine and make some tacicool gear from it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:31:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A lot of good camo, straps, buckles, and hooks there. Find someone with a heavy duty sewing machine and make some tacicool gear from it.

Not a bad idea.  Maybe I will make this into some kind of drag bag/shooting mat.....
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:34:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not a bad idea.  Maybe I will make this into some kind of drag bag/shooting mat.....

Yep I thought of that when I posted.
Top Top