Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2005 3:13:07 PM EDT
Now as a disclaimer I posted this same question on another persons topic and thought well I am probably highjacking the post?? Plus I wasn't getting an answer so here goes.

The original posted centered around the Bungee add-ons for say the Wasatch rig. What I am looking for is something more:

Actually what I am looking for is something different. I am sure this bungee action works, but there are several movements involved once you remove your front mag. I am actually looking for something different though I think it would be fairly simple. Something like a bungee attachment or elastic fabric inside the mag pouch that would hold the rear mag in place towards the vest (towards the body). This would probably only work for a double pouch, unless a three holder were staggered making for a longer pouch. Either way this would eliminate the need for the mag to be loaded into the rifle and then for me to have reach back with my hand and loop the bungee back over the mag. Given different circumstances (moving, running, etc) this may be more difficult. I am sure someone has to have thought about this and/or there are mag pouches out there with this design, I just have yet to see them. If it was done correctly I think this would also dampen any clanking noise between the mags and let those in a tactical setting to have pouches open ready to feed their mags. Actually in the thinking about it, the bungee retention combined with what I listed above would be the best combination, however the rear mag would not need the bungee reattached to ensure retention. Can anyone help with this?
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 4:42:22 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Now as a disclaimer I posted this same question on another persons topic and thought well I am probably highjacking the post?? Plus I wasn't getting an answer so here goes.

The original posted centered around the Bungee add-ons for say the Wasatch rig. What I am looking for is something more:

Actually what I am looking for is something different. I am sure this bungee action works, but there are several movements involved once you remove your front mag. I am actually looking for something different though I think it would be fairly simple. Something like a bungee attachment or elastic fabric inside the mag pouch that would hold the rear mag in place towards the vest (towards the body). This would probably only work for a double pouch, unless a three holder were staggered making for a longer pouch. Either way this would eliminate the need for the mag to be loaded into the rifle and then for me to have reach back with my hand and loop the bungee back over the mag. Given different circumstances (moving, running, etc) this may be more difficult. I am sure someone has to have thought about this and/or there are mag pouches out there with this design, I just have yet to see them. If it was done correctly I think this would also dampen any clanking noise between the mags and let those in a tactical setting to have pouches open ready to feed their mags. Actually in the thinking about it, the bungee retention combined with what I listed above would be the best combination, however the rear mag would not need the bungee reattached to ensure retention. Can anyone help with this?

edblevi ,
 May I address this issue ?    The Wasatch was first designed to carry numerous types of mags on which some of them contain lugs . If a bungee/elactic were inserted  within the Wasatch , they would get hung up and a bigger problem would occur .  
  Your solution is quite simple , ....rubberbands . Take a rubberband and make it so that the inner mag and the velcroed portion of retention straps ( with or without bungee style ) are secured together . Rubberbands are cheap , no weight and who cares if they break and they will not cause the mag to hang up and cause a incident .  The rubberbands will also help as a buffer from mag clatter .
  For thoses whom do not have the bungee style retention and use the standard velcroed straps , this will also releave you from having to sercure the straps during rigorous activity .     I hope this info. will enlighten the users some to aid in this issue .
  Gene
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 10:26:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I can see what you are saying and I did mention the wasatch, but only for the purposes of explaining what I was looking for. I am however not interested in the Wasatch. I do see what you are saying however rubber bands will probably only work on a setup like the wasatch. Well I figure worst case scenario I can whip out the sewing machine and see what I can come up with on some mag pouches.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:20:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Now reading your post in another thread , it seems your more interested in the Eagle Chest rig rig . Correct me if I'm wrong and if so , please state the peice of gear you are interested in so I may be able to suggest something to you .
 Being said , I'll try to help you on the Eagle Chest  rig :

First , look at the top of the mag pouches , see the binding tape on upper lip of pouch or under the elastic band on outside of the pouch . Insert a 1/4" gromment near the stitching where it connects to the platform . If you do not have any grommets , use a pencil type soldering iron and peirce a whole and make sure you seat seal  the hole real well .

Second : Pass shock-cord through the pouches and on ends and between each pouch , either use a cordlock or tie a knot between each pouch to prevent the shock-cord from passing through the grommets or heat sealed whole .  Adjust cord-lock or knot to desired tension of each pouch . If hole is made larger than what needs to be made , insert kydex washers or something similiar within the string to prevent the knot/cord-lock from passing through peirced hole if needed .

I have done many mods this way that are not as labor intense and suggested to many as they do not have a sewing machine .   I hope this will help .

Gene
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:51:58 AM EDT
[#4]
damn, its Gene from hsgi!!
glad to see you posting here!!  welcome!!

sorry for the hijack
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:15:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank yo very much for the reply. It's simple and will make for a nice mod! Thanks
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:22:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I am interested in the Eagle Plate Carrier with cumberbund and plan to get this along with various mags pouches. Do you have an idea for mag pouches where I could set up the design you are talking about and/or if there are pouches all ready set up this way. I do have an Eagle Chest Rig though that I can mod like you spoke of.

Not realizing who you were before I do have another question for you. On your double drop mag holder. The knife attachment, do you need a sheath or can you take your own knife and just slide it in there? I plan on purchasing one of them also for my 1st line gear and was wondering? That is an awesome set up for the price. I came very close recently in buying the Dach, but decided against it when I was looking to run plates. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 11:38:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I am interested in the Eagle Plate Carrier with cumberbund and plan to get this along with various mags pouches. Do you have an idea for mag pouches where I could set up the design you are talking about and/or if there are pouches all ready set up this way. I do have an Eagle Chest Rig though that I can mod like you spoke of.

Not realizing who you were before I do have another question for you. On your double drop mag holder. The knife attachment, do you need a sheath or can you take your own knife and just slide it in there? I plan on purchasing one of them also for my 1st line gear and was wondering? That is an awesome set up for the price. I came very close recently in buying the Dach, but decided against it when I was looking to run plates. Thanks again.

Answer to your question on the mag pouches . HSGI make their UMMPS/D ( Universal Modular Magazine Pouch Single/Double ) which are sold through some of the dealers on the board . These pouches can hold either 3/M-4 , 2/AK , 2/.308 mags , or 1/M-18 smoke and 1/M-4 mag , or 2/M-4 mag w/couplers per pouch . These pouches use a stirrup inside to accomplish several issues . One being a divider . Another being it staggers the mags for easier mag extraction . You may place less mags within these pouches as thet have an adjustable shock-cord retention .
  These are the same type of mags that are on the HSGI leg mounted version . To answer your question concerning sheath or just knife , you need a sheath . It was patterned to be used with a kydex knife sheath . Other sheathes may be sewn by hand if needed  to mount onto the platform .
  HSGI does make an OTV with cumberbund which I am soon to be making available  to the HSGI dealers . It does have a removeable cumberbund that holds mags within as well . Here's a link to the vid  HSGI "Centurion" w/ Cumberbund ( 1.26 MB ). It was shot freehand and in some low light , but I was playing around and having fun doing it .

By the way meateater , been lurking on this forum for quite some time and was a member on AK47 a long time ago . You know me , I can never taljk enough   Gene
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 3:42:51 PM EDT
[#8]
That is truly awesome! Well I guess I am going to be waiting for this as this is perfect, perfect I tell you!! What would make it even more perfect you may ask?? In the new ACU color! Or whatever they are calling that color for the Army BDU's. Multicam would be good too, gotta buy some BDU's though:)
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 3:57:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
That is truly awesome! Well I guess I am going to be waiting for this as this is perfect, perfect I tell you!! What would make it even more perfect you may ask?? In the new ACU color! Or whatever they are calling that color for the Army BDU's. Multicam would be good too, gotta buy some BDU's though:)

Gear in vid was Desert Digital .......... ACU in the making !.........Multicam coming afterwords .

Gene
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:21:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Sure would like to know when that release is going to be? Price would be nice as well.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 8:38:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:01:56 PM EDT
[#12]
When will these vests be available?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:35:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
When will these vests be available?

We have been making these for quite some time  for our deployed troops without the cumberbund . The cumberbund is a new additional to the OTV .  Being we finished up on these special orders for our troops , we have a little bit of breathing room to make them available . We  have a few Large OTV's in stock in ACU and Khaki . We will only have a small amount of some Mediums available by first of next week . We are revamping the X-L pattern and plan to get  2X-L added to the availability list hopefully in the first part of January .
  The Cumberbund we just started proto-typing and were awaiting some raw material to get delivered and start producing as soon as we can after we finish a few prior contracts .
  We haven't sent out any to  the HSGI Dealers yet , due to just making this item public . But they have already been inquiring to add to their inventory . I'm pretty sure that when the HSGI Dealers that advertise on this forum have them in stock , they will announce them . Price will be announced at that time as well .
Gene

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:15:44 PM EDT
[#14]
So we are looking at the first week of Jan. Sorry just getting a little anxious to get some new gear! Will shoulder pads be needed for this unit like the Wasatch?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top