Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2005 11:03:01 AM EDT
Looking for the spec for webbing placement.

Is there a written spec since this has been sort of adopted by the mil or is this a "civilian"free-for-all?"

If something has been adopted by the mil, there must be a spec written. They have a spec for going to the latrine, for Pete's sake.

I have been using 1" spacing between 1" webbing and 1.25" between tacks. Is this good enough?

I did a search everywhere I could think, including a search on patents. Maybe my wording is incorrect.

Mucho Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:45:01 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Looking for the spec for webbing placement.

Is there a written spec since this has been sort of adopted by the mil or is this a "civilian"free-for-all?"

If something has been adopted by the mil, there must be a spec written. They have a spec for going to the latrine, for Pete's sake.

I have been using 1" spacing between 1" webbing and 1.25" between tacks. Is this good enough?

I did a search everywhere I could think, including a search on patents. Maybe my wording is incorrect.

Mucho Thanks.

Your 1" and 1.25" measurements are spot on.
When I make mods to my gear, that's what I use.
I've never been able to find the milspec papers on this, either.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:52:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Dead On!
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:36:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, guys!

Purely a guess on my part, but it looked about right. I'll drive on and post pics after I'm done.

Doing a carrier for my soft body armor.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:12:52 AM EDT
[#4]
its 1.5 " on center between bartacks with 1" GAPS between rows of 1" webbing.

EGG
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:17:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

EGG

EGG,

Are you the same guy on Assaultweb?

Just wondering if this is an agreed industy standard of is this whatever gear maker decides he wants to do? I have yet to see anything written on it. It just seems that half an inch is a lot of play side to side for mounting gear. Or is it just me?

Also, who has the patent rights to MOLLE/PALS and do I need to pay them royalties if I start using the attaching system for manufacter? Trying to stay legal here.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:47:50 AM EDT
[#6]
that has been the norm since the PALS concept came into play and that spacing allows for a variety of interface methods, no sense in using pliers to pull stuff through with its TOO TIGHT

EGG
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:50:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
that has been the norm since the PALS concept came into play and that spacing allows for a variety of interface methods, no sense in using pliers to pull stuff through with its TOO TIGHT

EGG

Thank you Sir,

Appreciate the reply and the rationale.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 2:59:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

EGG

Oops.  Did my math wrong.
8 webs over 12" is, indeed, 1.5" inches and not 1.25"  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top