Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2005 8:45:04 PM EDT
Cheaperthandirt.com had them cheap so I bought one.  Granted I have limited knowledge in this field but so far I'm liking the vest.  (I am not allowed to use what is issued to me) It has the ability to hold 8 30 round AR mags and 6 pistol mags along with a pocket that can hold shotgun rounds,  (I haven't tried filling it yet)it also has a universal holster that fits my G22 and a radio/junk pocket.  

Now granted its not the high end stuff, I think I paid around $60 including shipping for the vest. It does however seem to be a great starter vest for someone looking to get into the 3 gun or Carbine matches.

I am on a limted budget. (pretty much no money) This vest seems well worth the money.

Anyway, im wondering if anyone else has had any experience with this vest.

www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/product.asp?dept_id=2009&sku=VEST-164&imgid=&mscssid=0E420MQ75T3N9MTQH1UXRAM7J1386TT1
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:55:46 AM EDT
[#1]

I am not allowed to use what is issued to me

??

I have one like that . I recently ran across it at one of our shops here. So far I like it . Stitching looks good ,its comfortable. Price about the same.
So far so good, until it starts to show signs of failure, it will be what I use for duty.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:10:13 AM EDT
[#2]
You were able to wedge 2 AR mags and two pistol mags per pocket?  Cool.  How secure is the pistl holster and the web belt?

Dawg
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:27:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I am not allowed to use what is issued to me

??

I have one like that . I recently ran across it at one of our shops here. So far I like it . Stitching looks good ,its comfortable. Price about the same.
So far so good, until it starts to show signs of failure, it will be what I use for duty.

I was issued an Agency tac vest, with all the bells and whistles, not to mention my Agency's name all over it with our insignia sewn on.  Needless to say, it would not be a good idea for me to wear to a 3 gun match or well not performing official duties.

Thanks for your insight on the vest. So far im happy with it and I hope to soon be using it in matches.

Quoted:
You were able to wedge 2 AR mags and two pistol mags per pocket?  Cool.  How secure is the pistl holster and the web belt?

Dawg

I was only able to fit one pistol mag per pouch, however two 30 round AR mags per rifle pouch was easy.  The holster is 'ok', it not as secure as I would like but it should hold the pistol in pretty well. It is attached via velcro and two nylon straps buckled the the vest. There is no way someone other then the Hulk is going to rip the holster off.

I haven't really played with the web belt that much. the buckle seems to be pretty secure and is attached to the vest with 4 or 6 loops that velcro and have snaps.

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:33:41 AM EDT
[#4]
looks like one of the UTG vests that have been hawked about in SGN for a while too.

I am not going to argue the merits of the vest, as I have found the example I bought at as being sub-par.

non reinforced stitching at stress points, illfitting holster with Glock 19 and 92,  tight fit with 1 M4 mag per pocket, no fit with G17 mags, tight with 92 mags

Not to mention that I find crossdraw vests are more  of an encumbrance than a help to slung primaries.

YMMV,  but  hey its your money and time, I gave mine to an airsofter.

EGG

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:08:55 AM EDT
[#5]

I was issued an Agency tac vest, with all the bells and whistles, not to mention my Agency's name all over it with our insignia sewn on. Needless to say, it would not be a good idea for me to wear to a 3 gun match or well not performing official duties.

Thanks for your insight on the vest. So far im happy with it and I hope to soon be using it in matches.

O Ok cant use it for "play time" , gotcha now.

You were able to wedge 2 AR mags and two pistol mags per pocket? Cool. How secure is the pistol holster and the web belt?

I have no prob either with 2 mags per pockets,actually a good fit. holster is the same as Thumpernator described.Plus it is secured via Velcro and two straps/ In my opinion it is an option that can be changed/taken off to slick-out this area when not needed. For note The cross-draw holster for the vest is intended to be for a taser as far as application for me. I have changed the belt to a Bianchi Duty belt and a Safariland 6004 for my Sig 220.

YMMV, but hey its your money and time, I gave mine to an airsofter

To each his own.
Top Top