Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2003 4:15:58 PM EDT
Is the Blackhawk product worth the extra cash?

Steve
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 4:45:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't used either of the products you're asking about, but based on my experience with other products from these two companies I'd consider anything from TT to be worth -more- than a similar product from BHI.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 4:15:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 4:36:51 PM EDT
[#3]
It has been my experiance that Blackhawk products are seldom worth the asking price. Usually you can find the original designs cheaper. As a bonus you get a less expensive, better made product, made in the U.S.A., with your money going to the company that designed the gear in the first place.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 10:56:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Or you could read about it here since this "isn't a for sale board":

www.blackhawkindustries.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=1760&d=

Link Posted: 10/25/2003 9:51:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I fail to see where anybody is selling anything in this thread. I did see where Brad offered a third option for consideration, and provided a link.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 2:30:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Every time there is a gear question, a direct link to a particular store seems to appear in the thread. It is just as easy to direct a link to the site of the manufacturer...simply pointing that out I didn't make the rules, I just follow them.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 3:53:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 4:02:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 4:04:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Not a "cheap shot" at all. Didn't realize the rules had been modified to fit individual vendors...simple mistake I guess.

I understand that this is not a "for sale" board. That is why I questioned every gear question being answered by the "moderator" having a direct link to the "moderator's" web site. My understanding was that is what your industry forum was to be used for.

Guess I didn't see the part about "pay to play" in every forum. Glad to see there is no conflict of interest going on in these parts .
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 4:07:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.blackhawkindustries.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=1760&d=

You are not likely to learn anything about the Specialty defense R.A.C.K. at the Blackhawk website. One good reason that I provided a link to my site instead of Blackhawk's is that what I have listed is a different product.

No...you are correct on that.

You can learn all about the SD RACK here though, can't you??

http://www.specialtydefense.com/
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 8:23:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Ok, here's a dumb, potentially thread-hijacking question...why does the RACK only come with ONE canteen pocket?

(I'm not now nor was a ranger).  The only time I ever wore one canteen was because of one of my BC's dumbass TA50 SOPs...for the summer in TEXAS, no less.

I thought the standard everywhere was two.  Have hydration pockets pretty much replaced all 1-quart canteens (or at least keep folks from wearing two)?

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 9:27:25 PM EDT
[#12]
The Camelback is filling the canteens role. It hasn't taken over completly, but it is well on the way. I don't know why the RACK only comes with one canteen pouch, but would guess that it may be designed for use with a Camelback.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 5:51:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 3:33:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Camelback is filling the canteens role. It hasn't taken over completly, but it is well on the way. I don't know why the RACK only comes with one canteen pouch, but would guess that it may be designed for use with a Camelback.

That would be my best guess, too.

That's because of the cut of the pouch. It can also double as a 5 mag pouch, or expedient dump pouch.

Ranger 689- No, the BHI is NOT worth the extra money IMHO. SDS makes just as good a product for substanitally less.

My wife has the Tactical Tailor MAV and I the SDS RACK.

I would suggest the RACK over the MAV due to the upper chest bib. Creates mor mounting options.

My wife would have an SDS RACK too, but because of her breasts, the RACK is uncomfortable and the MAV can be adjusted around that.

My RACK-

Her MAV-

Link Posted: 10/27/2003 7:04:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks, I appreciate all of the input. As of now the CSM said that everyone will look the same when we activate as per the Brigade Commander; gee that's a big surprise. But when we actually start operations in country the petty uniformity issues will vanish and common sense will prevail (wishful thinking)

Steve
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 9:19:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Ranger689:

How is life in 2nd Bat?
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 11:14:49 AM EDT
[#17]
I spent 4 years in 2/75 but I got out in late 1991. I've heard they have been real busy lately and they are doing some pretty cool stuff. The living conditions have improved dramatically since I was in. they allow women in the barracks, the barracks have had major remodels, hazing is a thing of the past but I don't really consider that a good thing. So I guess the new guys might think its great and the old guys would lament the bygone era.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top