Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2003 5:16:15 PM EDT
Any feedback on the MOLLE FLC???

Seems like it might be a good choice for the modularity. Anyone have experience with this?
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 4:10:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 11:27:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a 1st gen MOLLE FLC with the smaller 3 inch belt...I know alot of people whine about it being flimsy and not sturdy enough, but from MY OWN experience, I have beat the hell out of a MOLLE FLC and have had no failures...and I mean beat the hell out of it...

I love the modular setup, the pouches are secure and sturdy. Not only can you use the pouches made by SDS, but there are alot of other vendors like, Spec-Ops brand, Tactical Tailor, Blackhawk, ect..that makes MOLLE compatible pouches and gear...I built my vest set-up by getting the FLC and belt on ebay and the pouches direct from SDS, except the 2 Spec-Ops brand 6 mag pouches I use for cargo,...I have 4 double mag pouches, 2 single pouches, a buttpack (which I'm trying to sell), 2 canteen pouches. Total, about $120 in the setup...

I plan on getting a MOLLE II FLC, it does away with the belt, because I like the inside pockets that they had put in it....
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 10:58:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I fu*@&ng hate the thing. It lacks the versatility and quality of many other rigs out there.

The FLC rides low on your torso. I hate this. I'm average height (5'10") so if you're tall you might be ok.  If you have any amount of muscle/size on your upper torso there is no way to adjust the ride height high on the torso while still being able to get the rig on and off easily (I'm not a big guy-185 lbs). This is due to the shitty design of the shoulder/back harness. When adjusted, the "arm hole" gets smaller and smaller. My gear ends up riding on my waist line. What's the point? If you wear the FLC as an open-front rig, the two halves do not stay in place on the center of your body. they spread apart so your gear ends up under your armpits and all of the prime area on your center chest is wasted. This is where your mags/equipment should be.

If you want modularity, Lightfighter has several awesome designs on their website. I suggest the S.O.Tech Hellcat. I own the MKI version (solid front), but would advocate the MKIII version now that it is abvailable. A slightly less expensive option is the Tactical Tailor M.A.V.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 6:34:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Im an Air Force SP and I recently bought a MOLLE-II FLC and hooked all the MOLLE pouches to it. I like it alot better than the FLC-I. I didnt really care much for the FLC-I. Now only time will tell if this thing will hold up or not but I think it will last awhile for me because I almost never wear any type of web gear anymore since Im work law enforcement and not security. I only see my assigned M-16 when have to clean it twice a month.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top