Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 154
Posted: 7/14/2009 9:12:11 PM EDT
As the title states show your war belt and first line setups complete with component rundowns and even costs. There are alot of seperate threads on this but no one thread with everybodies setups.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 10:29:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cofi:
I just bought a ronin senshi belt and want to get esstac mag holders what is the better attachment the wtf straps or the 2” belt loop?
View Quote

Belt loops.

Unless you have a 2" belt get 1.75
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 10:55:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Or save the money and use the onewrap trick
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 6:24:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I just bought a ronin senshi belt and want to get esstac mag holders what is the better attachment the wtf straps or the 2” belt loop?
View Quote

Either use the belt loops or tactical tailor malice clip. I tried the WTFix Straps with my BFG belt and the pouches were pretty flappy still
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 6:25:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By NeedsMoreMausers:
Alright guys, finally got everything together. Pretty Similar to alot of other setups, but as my first one I thought I'd keep it simple.

Biggest difference is likely the belt itself, a Raptor Tactical Odin MkIII belt in coyote with a variety of RG items:

https://i.imgur.com/HuN6VNs.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xQYw7ac.jpg

-Raptor Tactical Odin MkIII (3-Gun Stiffness), Coyote
-Esstac Kywi Double pistol-gap , M81
-Esstac Kywi Single AR, M81
-TRex Arms Dump pouch, Ranger Green
-Live The Creed Responder IFAK, Ranger Green
-North American Rescue TQ Holder, ODG
-Safariland Mid-UBL/6360 via QLS fork, Tan & Black
-TRex Arms Thigh strap w/ secondary NAR TQ holder, Ranger green

View Quote

This might be a stupid question but I've never looked into a belt like this.
Does this fit the belt loops on a pair of jeans?
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 7:30:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By amendment:

View Quote

The inner belt does (which basically is just a belt with padding and velcro). The stiff outer belt, with all the gear on it, is essentially wrapped around (on top of belt loops) and stuck to the velcro. A pretty neat and useful system.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:47:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Awesome

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 12:00:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Pretty happy with how this is coming along. Ordered a HSGI Padded inner belt to keep on it at the house, so I can simply throw it on quickly over some basketball shorts and dont need to worry about threading the inner belt through pants, especially pants without loops.

Also waiting on an A&A Tactical M81 dump pouch and that should about do it. I may find a better retention pouch for the flash light, as of right now its just using the clip to hold it to molle.

Link Posted: 7/8/2020 2:35:31 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

Aboslutely no on the WTF straps. I'm using the belt loops and they were great with the same Ronin belt.

Link Posted: 7/10/2020 7:45:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mngun] [#9]

My tactical tailor mag pouches seem loose on my belt. The pouches have 3 loops but my belt only has two. What is the best way to snug the pouch to the belt? Do I need a different pouch? Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 9:03:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The budget set up I'm running.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:16:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By sn2ed:
https://i.imgur.com/CpAevm1.jpg
AWS Belt
Kywis
Gcode scorpion softshell
Trex arms med
Ragnarok
View Quote

How does one go about cutting down a forward grip? Just a band saw?
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 2:18:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Doc_Ralston:

How does one go about cutting down a forward grip? Just a band saw?
View Quote

don't overthink it. hand saw. hack saw. Leatherman tool. it's just plastic.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 7:11:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By mngun:
https://i.imgur.com/svrn2eR.jpg

My tactical tailor mag pouches seem loose on my belt. The pouches have 3 loops but my belt only has two. What is the best way to snug the pouch to the belt? Do I need a different pouch? Thanks.
View Quote

What holster is that and do you like it?
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 7:12:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Does anyone know of any current esstac promo codes??

Link Posted: 7/16/2020 7:29:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By KennyW1983:
Does anyone know of any current esstac promo codes??

View Quote
lol you are lucky they are even still selling mag pouches.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 7:48:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By slappomatt:
lol you are lucky they are even still selling mag pouches.
View Quote

I better get them while the getting is good then.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 9:38:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mngun] [#17]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

It's a safariland 6360. It has a streamlight tlr1-s on it. I do like it. The retention is great. I got to use it at a handgun class last weekend.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 11:00:09 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Try zip ties my brotha.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 10:06:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VoxLibertatis] [#19]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Rides on a biothane g hook liner.

If coyote tactical can ever get one in stock, I’ll add one of their stomp pouches stuffed with a SIRK gen2, and a TQ mounted horizontally forward of the pistol. Maybe a small dump pouch too, I don’t know.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 4:08:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 2:02:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JSchell1309] [#21]
removed
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 4:38:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: amendment] [#22]

The inner belt does (which basically is just a belt with padding and velcro). The stiff outer belt, with all the gear on it, is essentially wrapped around (on top of belt loops) and stuck to the velcro. A pretty neat and useful system.
View All Quotes

Just got mine, outer belt is too fnnng small. To be honest I had reservations about this whole velcro thing. Now I hate it......back to the drawing board. Ps what is your size?

Nevermind, I'm an idiot i pulled the adjustment line out and made it longer dohhh
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 5:22:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By ZeBool:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/241846/56F84B16-512D-4DA0-BB30-9EA5974F3256_jpe-1508555.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/241846/032FDDF3-8E07-400C-9A8A-B081D0CB43A6_jpe-1508556.JPG

If coyote tactical can ever get one in stock, I’ll add one of their stomp pouches stuffed with a SIRK gen2, and a TQ mounted horizontally forward of the pistol. Maybe a small dump pouch too, I don’t know.
View Quote

What brand belt?
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 11:51:37 PM EDT
[#24]

What brand belt?
View Quote

Volund.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 3:04:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By ttac0:

True North MHA is a game changer. Beats the UBL by a long shot. So much more adjustability and so much more comfortable.
View Quote

How is it better? What issues have you had with the
UBL?
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 5:15:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: amendment] [#26]

Volund.
View Quote

Micro v2?  Looks pretty solid
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 6:54:57 PM EDT
[#27]

Micro v2?  Looks pretty solid
View Quote

It’s the V3. So far, I really like it. It’s very stiff, and supports weight quite well. I like the looks of it, too, for whatever that’s worth

I’m kinda torn on their biothane atlas g-hook liner belt, though. The quality is impeccable, and it’s as low profile as it gets. That said, it is not easy to put on, or take off, especially once you manage to get it cinched down. That’s one distinct advantage my old HSGI has, the ability to just pick it up and throw it on.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 3:17:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Which hsgi, and do they still make it
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 4:01:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VoxLibertatis] [#29]
Which hsgi, and do they still make it
View Quote

It’s just their suregrip padded belt, and yes they still make it. Great belt, and it’s super quick to throw on. It’s also pretty bulky, and it gets hot quick.

Attachment Attached File

HSGI makes a slim version, and I would recommend going that route if you’re looking for something just to pick up and throw on.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 6:36:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By BrandonP:
https://i.imgur.com/QBFrz77.jpg

Universal trainer.  Prefer to shoot AR and CZ but I like the option to use any pistol that will take an X300 and any long gun - ARs, AKs, FALs etc.
View Quote
Where do I find that holster?
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 9:11:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Bassman2:
Where do I find that holster?
View Quote
first place I found it on google.
https://www.911supply.ca/products/blackhawk-omnivore-multifit-light-bearing-holster-for-surefire-x300-right-hand
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 9:31:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Anastasios] [#32]
My first. Might have overdone the ifak, but it can presently serve a few people. Will probably get a different pistol holster.

Took it into the woods today while wearing a Camelback and AR pistol. I like it.

Link Posted: 7/27/2020 12:42:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: michaelwesten] [#33]
Ferro Bison Belt
BFG MTKN
True North MHA set up for QLS
Midwest Tactical Solutions Enforcer II Holster QLS
Esstac Kywis
Gadsden Dynamics TQ Holder
T-Rex Dump Pouch

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 9:13:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By JSchell1309:
Pretty happy with how this is coming along. Ordered a HSGI Padded inner belt to keep on it at the house, so I can simply throw it on quickly over some basketball shorts and dont need to worry about threading the inner belt through pants, especially pants without loops.

Also waiting on an A&A Tactical M81 dump pouch and that should about do it. I may find a better retention pouch for the flash light, as of right now its just using the clip to hold it to molle.

https://i.imgur.com/F7jBRzc.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2020 10:32:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JSchell1309] [#35]

It’s the V3. So far, I really like it. It’s very stiff, and supports weight quite well. I like the looks of it, too, for whatever that’s worth

I’m kinda torn on their biothane atlas g-hook liner belt, though. The quality is impeccable, and it’s as low profile as it gets. That said, it is not easy to put on, or take off, especially once you manage to get it cinched down. That’s one distinct advantage my old HSGI has, the ability to just pick it up and throw it on.
View All Quotes

I'm not sure how your specific belt works, but if it's the typical 2 piece belt system I would recommend the HSGI Micro Padded Inner belt as an accessory too.

I keep this padded inner belt on while the belt is at home, makes it very quick to put the whole setup on at home without having to wear the regular inner belt within pant loops. Also makes it so you don't need to adjust the outer belt between this padded inner and the regular inner when you want to wear it at the range through belt loops.

This turned my Eagle Operators belt into a similar setup as that HSGI padded but still has the ability to run it as a 2 piece belt when you want to at the range.

https://www.highspeedgear.com/hsgi/micro-grip-95MG.html

Originally Posted By MidwestJ:

Thanks, man! Definitely pleased with how M81 is coming along with black and coyote accessories where M81 isn't available.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 10:37:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By michaelwesten:
Ferro Bison Belt
BFG MTKN
True North MHA set up for QLS
Midwest Tactical Solutions Enforcer II Holster QLS
Esstac Kywis
Gadsden Dynamics TQ Holder
T-Rex Dump Pouch

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/453805/CDABE2EF-9480-4DBD-8B6E-D43C364F12AE_jpe-1521021.JPG
View Quote

@michaelwesten is that MTKN their "OD Green"? Looks like a better match to M81 green than Ranger Green gear is. Also, how did you put the velcro patch on there? sew a square of loop yourself?

Good to see more M81 setups.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 11:25:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 3:23:43 PM EDT
[#38]

@KTM300XCW

I like it, but have questions.

Is the CAT inside a wrapper and held to the ifak with rubber bands? If so, please explain.

Where do I get some embrace the suck morale patches?

What kind of gloves are those, and do you like them?

Is that torch holder specific to that light? Reason I ask is I've been trying to find something similar for a Streamlight Stinger HL and coming up empty.

Why nothing mounted under the dump pouch? Like more boolits.

Link Posted: 7/27/2020 3:48:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By wtfboombrb:
View Quote

Those are Mechanix Original gloves.

@KTM300XCW

Why is the light 1) in that position- could interfere with going prone- and 2) why is not in a pouch to both protect the light and offer some protection against accidental activation?
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 4:48:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KTM300XCW] [#40]
Originally Posted By wtfboombrb:

@KTM300XCW

I like it, but have questions.

Is the CAT inside a wrapper and held to the ifak with rubber bands? If so, please explain.

Is that torch holder specific to that light? Reason I ask is I've been trying to find something similar for a Streamlight Stinger HL and coming up empty.

View Quote

@wtfboombrb

Yes, I just finished the IFAK and couldn't fit the TQ inside. It's in its original wrapper. I need  to find a better way to mount it. Suggestions, given my limited real estate?

eBay

Mechanix. They are OK, but I like the fitted ones with velcro better. These are a low end version of the glove. I wore my last good pair out and need to get another.

The light holder is actually zip ties wrapped with electrical tape. I made it quickly for a night trip to our ranch for hog hunting. I will likely move it to another spot on the belt or to my PC. I can wear the PC and my Battle belt at the same time. My Glock also has an X300u on it.

I actually hesitated  putting that second AR mag on my belt as I was worried about weight. It's actually OK with just the two mags. I wouldn't want to add any more. I also did a lot of research on the dump pouch.  There were several others which fold up smaller, but this one is so easy to use I'll gladly give up a little real estate to have it.
My PC also has 3 AR magazines, so with  the belt and PC I have 5 backup mags. That should be plenty to die in a pile of brass.

ETA: Your idea of putting more boolits over  the dump pouch gives me an idea of a place to mount my TQ. Maybe it will work there in a proper holder.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 4:53:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KTM300XCW] [#41]
Originally Posted By lew:

Those are Mechanix Original gloves.

@KTM300XCW

Why is the light 1) in that position- could interfere with going prone- and 2) why is not in a pouch to both protect the light and offer some protection against accidental activation?
View Quote

@lew

I explained this in my above post. It was a temporary solution. If you have some recommendations I'd like to hear them as well.

Do you see anything else glaringly wrong or missing from my setup? I tried to  go somewhat minimalist. Although things looks crowded on the belt while its flat, there is some open space when it's on. Nothing interferes with anything else.

Link Posted: 7/27/2020 4:59:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By KTM300XCW:

@lew

I explained this in my above post. It was a temporary solution. If you have some recommendations I'd like to hear them as well.

Do you see anything else glaringly wrong or missing from my setup? I tried to  go somewhat minimalist. Although things looks crowded on the belt while its flat, there is some open space when it's on. Nothing interferes with anything else.

View Quote

Cool. I'm not sure what your intent is, but your belt looks all right.

I like Tactical Tailor's Tourniquet pouch, and my Blue Force Trauma Kit has a slots on the lid so I mount the pouch horizontally on top. I'd look at a dump pouch that takes up less space, but, if you're not going to put something in that space, then don't bother.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 5:09:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KTM300XCW] [#43]
Originally Posted By lew:

Cool. I'm not sure what your intent is, but your belt looks all right.

I like Tactical Tailor's Tourniquet pouch, and my Blue Force Trauma Kit has a slots on the lid so I mount the pouch horizontally on top. I'd look at a dump pouch that takes up less space, but, if you're not going to put something in that space, then don't bother.
View Quote

Thanks, I'm actually thinking I could put the TQ in a horizontal holder over the dump pouch. Maybe using something like THIS?
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 6:41:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Thanks, I'm actually thinking I could put the TQ in a horizontal holder over the dump pouch. Maybe using something like THIS?
View Quote

I don't see why that wouldn't work, but I like a pouch with more coverage to forestall UV degradation and provide some protection against debris and abrasion.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 7:20:03 PM EDT
[#45]

@wtfboombrb

Yes, I just finished the IFAK and couldn't fit the TQ inside. It's in its original wrapper. I need  to find a better way to mount it. Suggestions, given my limited real estate?
A CAT tourniquet molle pouch would work. Might need to get something like HSGI clips if you want to mount it horizontally.

eBay
Thank you

Mechanix. They are OK, but I like the fitted ones with velcro better. These are a low end version of the glove. I wore my last good pair out and need to get another.
Thank you

The light holder is actually zip ties wrapped with electrical tape. I made it quickly for a night trip to our ranch for hog hunting. I will likely move it to another spot on the belt or to my PC. I can wear the PC and my Battle belt at the same time. My Glock also has an X300u on it.
Interesting DIY in a pinch

I actually hesitated  putting that second AR mag on my belt as I was worried about weight. It's actually OK with just the two mags. I wouldn't want to add any more. I also did a lot of research on the dump pouch.  There were several others which fold up smaller, but this one is so easy to use I'll gladly give up a little real estate to have it.
My PC also has 3 AR magazines, so with  the belt and PC I have 5 backup mags. That should be plenty to die in a pile of brass.

That's my plan as well. Does everybody with battle belts pair them with a PC?

ETA: Your idea of putting more boolits over  the dump pouch gives me an idea of a place to mount my TQ. Maybe it will work there in a proper holder.
I mount the dump pouch directly to the outside of mag pouches. Can't tell if yours have pals webbing on the outsides of them. You could tuck a tourniquet holder vertically under the left side of the dump pouch, but could you reach it with your right hand? Probably best if you could get to it fairly easily with either hand. Maybe move the dump pouch closer to the mag pouches and mount a tq holder vertically to the immediate left of the ifak
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2020 7:57:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tommyrich] [#46]
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/241846/56F84B16-512D-4DA0-BB30-9EA5974F3256_jpe-1508555.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/241846/032FDDF3-8E07-400C-9A8A-B081D0CB43A6_jpe-1508556.JPG

View Quote

@ZeBool

If you don't mind...what holster is that? Will it accept a threaded barrel?

I really like the simplicity of your setup.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 8:33:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 8:55:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: michaelwesten] [#48]
Originally Posted By JSchell1309:

@michaelwesten is that MTKN their "OD Green"? Looks like a better match to M81 green than Ranger Green gear is. Also, how did you put the velcro patch on there? sew a square of loop yourself?

Good to see more M81 setups.
View Quote

Yeah it’s their “OD”

I just threw a piece of loop material inside of the pocket on the pouch and slapped the patch right onto the loop that is exposed through the laser cuts... holds great
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 9:25:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VoxLibertatis] [#49]
Originally Posted By tommyrich:

@ZeBool

If you don't mind...what holster is that? Will it accept a threaded barrel?

I really like the simplicity of your setup.

Thanks.
View Quote

It’s a safariland 6390. I don’t think that would work, but I’ve never tried it, as I don’t have a threaded barrel. Others more qualified than I am would probably be better able to help you out there. It’s a pretty common holster, so somebody who knows should be along shortly.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 10:20:23 PM EDT
[#50]

It’s a safariland 6390. I don’t think that would work, but I’ve never tried it, as I don’t have a threaded barrel. Others more qualified than I am would probably be better able to help you out there. It’s a pretty common holster, so somebody who knows should be along shortly.
View Quote

Cheers!

Thanks man!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 154
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top