Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 8:14:44 AM EDT
[#1]
You could install a Standard stock but it will be pricey from Benelli, You will also need a Benelli stock ext to make it work. The Shotgun comes with 5 chokes
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:36:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Dunno if they ship to the US, but S&J Hardware in Canada has these stocks that might fit for $50 CAD. Certainly a lot cheaper than $200 for a Benelli tube and $100? for a Benelli stock.

ETA - Got one of the Kley-Zion M4 bolt handles from Botach, installed it today. Huge ergonomic upgrade over that tiny ass handle. Doesn’t count for 922R but it is US-made at least. Solid buy for $30.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:50:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh shoot - we did I even click on this thread? Always wanted an M4, I think I am FO'ing - subbed, watching this

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 3:35:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I stumbled on this thread when it first started, late at night and after a few beers.  I don't even know why I clicked on it as I tend to stay away from Charles Daly shotguns and similar firearms due to their past reputation for the most part.  But somehow I convinced myself to order a 601 DPS from Kentucky Gun Co. the next day before they raised their price $20-$30.  I received the gun last Tuesday (in 4 business days), brought it home and took it apart and lubed it.  I have never owned a Benelli M4 so I can only speak for what I see of this gun.  Like others have said, it seems solidly built.  The handguards are basic but fit well so nothing major there.  I was hesitant on getting a pistol gripped shotgun due to my last one beating my cheek up (870 with a collapsible stock), but the 601 DPS is very comfortable.  For me it shoulders nice and my eyes line up on the sights great.  The pistol grip is comfy and fits my hand well.  The buttstock has a decent recoil pad and doesn't have the hollow/cheap sound of a Remington SPS crap stock.  It doesn't beat my cheap up at all.
    Function wise, I only shot it with 2 3/4 target loads as that is all that I have except for some federal #1 buck from 2 decades ago.  I realize that this gun is not intended for dove loads but that is mostly what I have at the present time. It functioned 100% with Herters 7 1/2 1 oz loads (1290 fps) and Monarch 7 1/2 1 oz loads (1350 fps).  With Winchester 7 1/2 1 oz game loads (1290fps) it was 70% until I reached 300+ rounds of various ammo.  Now it seems to cycle all 3 at 100%.
    My biggest gripes are that the rear sight windage screw and sight platform do not have the "detent" to keep it from turning.  Mine would back out during extended firing and the ghost ring would move to the left. It's a shotgun, not a precision firearm so that is not a huge deal but it is something to keep in mind.  I loctited mine so we will see how that goes ($50 at Midwest gun works would solve this).  The second is the picatinny rail is not the same spec as an AR or similar.  Maybe its a weaver/picatinny mix or whatever but the width of the cuts/slots is .015-020 narrower that a true picatinny rail resulting in a Larue and ADM QD throw lever mount not fitting.  Again, not a big deal to me as I don't plan on putting anything on there anyway or if I did I'd just use a different mount system.  The trigger is long and creepy but has gotten better and like most shotguns you don't really notice it while firing.  My other issue or potential issue is parts availability.  It may break in the future or not and it may be compatible with Benelli M4 parts.  Which parts, I am not sure.  It does have a "warranty" but it's a Turkish shotgun so who knows how that might go as far as availability.  In summary, I like the gun as a fun range toy or maybe more depending on how it goes past the 300+ rounds I have put through it.
View Quote

You said $50 at midwestgunworks would solve your sight problem. Can you please elaborate and a link to the parts?
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 6:16:15 AM EDT
[#5]
The Turkish sight block isn’t etched for the detents like the OEM Benelli ones also the windage and elevation screws don’t have the teeth to engage the notches because they aren’t present. You’ll either need to replace the insert that the screws thread into and the screws or the rear sight.

I wasn’t sure if the insert would fit so I just replaced the entire rear sight with a factory Benelli one ($127 @ brownells) and it bolted right up. Upon close examination I believe you would have no issues simply replacing the small parts for about $70 though. You’ll just have to punch out a roll pin and remove the insert.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:04:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You said $50 at midwestgunworks would solve your sight problem. Can you please elaborate and a link to the parts?
View Quote

Go Here  #56 & #61
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:09:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Classic Firearms is now selling these under the Panzer Arms brand for $550.  As of right now they are in stock.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/panzer-arms-m4-semi-automatic-tactical-12-ga-shotgun-3-5rd-inertia-driven-black/

Edit:  They are also selling a Benelli M2 clone with a 28 inch barrel.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:39:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Go Here  #56 & #61
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go Here  #56 & #61

I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:29:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Lipsey's has the Four Peaks Coppola T4S, looks the same as the Panzer Arms M4 and Toros Coppola T4.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 3:10:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Just happened to stumble onto this thread. I have always wanted an m4 myself. And I am looking for my next project...

Anyone going to SBS one? Been thinking about doing my 870, but I think I would want to do a semi auto.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 5:22:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Pretty sure that is a Girsan 320. We had them at work and shot them many times. Those guns are extremely unreliable and have trouble cycling even with heavy loads. A benelli inertia spring might help a little but but I will never buy one.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 5:41:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Wow, can't say thanks enough for all the info in this thread and all the experimenting you guys did.  I wanted an M4 for years and did a lot of research on the clones coming out.  The 601 DPS seemed like the best built and most compatible for the price, so I bought one a couple months ago hoping I could modify some things.  I would like to replace the stock because its too grippy and long.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 2:35:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Has anyone installed the Mesa Tactical Truckee forend on the 601 dps?  I was looking for something with mlok and most of them require some weird mounting setup with set screws.  The only two decent clean ones I've found is the Agency Arms Modular handguard ($250) and the Truckee ($100).  The Agency Arms looks sweet and has special mounts that lock into where the stock forend goes.  The Truckee looks like it comes with two pieces that lock into the stock mounts.  The reviews on Mesa Tactical are mixed, and a couple mention scratching things up getting it on and off.  Looks like both would fit on the 601 DPS without issue.

Edit:Well I found this post on benelliusa forums by MKEVC:
One word of caution DO NOT PURCHASE the Truckee forend because it simply will not fit the M4.  There is no way to pass the forend beyond the M4 gas pistons without "using a hammer".  I tried many angles to install that rail, both directions, rotating both directions.  There is a reason why there is NO Video showing the installation of the Truckee forend.  Noone would be willing to do this live because it can't be done without potential damage to the firearm IMO.  I have found other similar feedback.  As of now, over 3 weeks of e-mails, phone calls, Mesa Tactical customer service has not sent return postage for the Truckee.
View Quote

Edit 2:  I found this article written by a guy that writes articles all over the place and he used the Truckee and didn't mention any issues other than "slight play".  I'm trying to contact him to see if he had the problems some of these people in reviews mentioned.  Souping Up a Benelli M4
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 3:38:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Does anyone have info on how to get a Mesa Tactical Urbino stick to work on the 601 DPS?  I want a shorter LOP but can’t find a Benelli recoil spring tube.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 6:45:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Does anyone have any tips on getting the Sulun collapsible stock installed?
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 7:23:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 7:37:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Does anyone have any tips on getting the Sulun collapsible stock installed?
View Quote

Make sure to post if you figure it out, that's exactly the stock I was looking for.  Looks like the Sulun TAC-12 uses the same buffer tube as the 601 doesn't it?
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 5:56:05 PM EDT
[#18]
I purchased my 601DPS on Black Friday and upgraded a couple things. GG&G bolt release, Tango Arms charging handle, Taccom load assist for lifter, NDZ follower and left the 5 round mag tube as is, also match saver from Matchsaverz. I can confirm that the buttstock and recoil assembly are not compatible for the Mesa buttstock. Need the smaller Benelli 3 pos tube which are always out of stock on midwest and Benelli store. Does anyone have any idea if the Sulun Tac-12 tele stock will work with the factory recoil assembly tube? I love this shotgun and put 500 shells thru it with 1 FTE.

Link Posted: 3/19/2021 7:07:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I purchased my 601DPS on Black Friday and upgraded a couple things. GG&G bolt release, Tango Arms charging handle, Taccom load assist for lifter, NDZ follower and left the 5 round mag tube as is, also match saver from Matchsaverz. I can confirm that the buttstock and recoil assembly are not compatible for the Mesa buttstock. Need the smaller Benelli 3 pos tube which are always out of stock on midwest and Benelli store. Does anyone have any idea if the Sulun Tac-12 tele stock will work with the factory recoil assembly tube? I love this shotgun and put 500 shells thru it with 1 FTE.
View Quote

Read this thread Benelli M4 Clones......Any Comparisons or Reviews

I believe Findsman said in that thread the Sulun stock works and comes with its own tube, but for some reason he couldn't use the one on the DPS and had to swap even though they are nearly the same.  I want that stock but to be 922r compliant you'd have to swap some trigger parts.  I'm wondering if there's a US made trigger shoe that would make the 4th part.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 12:27:28 PM EDT
[#20]
It's not necroposting if the last post was 4 days ago, right?

To clarify my experience the recoil tube from the other thread...  There is no overt reason you couldn't reuse the original recoil tube with the Sulun one from Delta Mike's.  They are identical, which just confirms my initial suspicion that the 601 DPS is pretty much the original Sulun Tac-12.

I thought I had damaged or the hex nut was stuck when I removed the assembly from my 601 DPS and it came off in one piece.  After I had everything apart, I hit the hex nut with another minute on the torch and the green loctite finally gave up and I could take the hex nut off.

Reusing the original recoil tube is just a waste of time and effort.  The new Sulun assembly includes everything and you just need to screw it down, tighten the hex nut, and spin the grip into position.  To transplant it to the old tube, you'd need to spin the hex nut off on both tubes, spin the grip off of the new one, spin it on the old one, put the hex nut back on the old tube, then pop the stock off the new tube and onto the old one.  Absolutely no reason to do all that.  Nothing magic about the old tube.  I kept it as a spare part.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:34:06 AM EDT
[#21]
What is everyone’s experience with installing the Sulun collapsible stock on the 601dps? I just finished installing mine and I am finding that the grip will spin back and forth slightly. Is this normal?
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 6:35:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What is everyone’s experience with installing the Sulun collapsible stock on the 601dps? I just finished installing mine and I am finding that the grip will spin back and forth slightly. Is this normal?
View Quote

To an extent, yes.  The trigger housing should extend into the grip and help lock it into place a bit. There will be some side to side play though.  If it’s a huge gap, you may need to spin the recoil tube one more revolution.

If you were so possessed, you could probably use some of the lower-strength flavors of loctite like the purple or a dab of blue on the threads where the grip goes to keep it in place. Nothing that can’t be busted loose by hand though, you won’t be able to easily melt it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

To an extent, yes.  The trigger housing should extend into the grip and help lock it into place a bit. There will be some side to side play though.  If it’s a huge gap, you may need to spin the recoil tube one more revolution.

If you were so possessed, you could probably use some of the lower-strength flavors of loctite like the purple or a dab of blue on the threads where the grip goes to keep it in place. Nothing that can’t be busted loose by hand though, you won’t be able to easily melt it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Luckily there is no gap. I wonder if a Benelli trigger housing will tighten it up?
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#24]
This is good information so it sounds like the Sulun-Tac 12 stock ( https://www.deltamike.co.nz/product/telescopic-stock-pistol-grip-sulun-tac-12/ ) does fit the CD 601 DPS however it creates a wiggle in the pistol grip.  This seems kind of dangerous no?
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 7:46:38 PM EDT
[#25]
I gave up on Turkish guns when I tried to order spares from Stoeger. I will stick to my 930 JM Pro.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top