Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2020 7:50:30 PM EDT
Team Shotgun,

For those of you who have shot one or both models, which Beretta 1301 do you recommend for defense and why?  Only for defense.  Not competing with it.  There are some obvious differences, e.g., sights, barrel length, etc., but I am interested in reading some input from owners.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 10:07:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the tactical.  Excellent in every way for that purpose. Light, points quick, great sights, low recoil, fast.  Perfect.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 2:54:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Tactical for defensive use. The extra length of the comp makes moving around indoors more cumbersome, particularly with doors. YMMV based off your house design, furnishings, etc. Shorter = better.

If they made a 1301 "shockwave", I'd recommend that over the 18.5" tactical. I own two 1301 gen 2 tacticals and a 24" 1301 Comp. No experience with the 21" 1301 comp.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 3:12:39 PM EDT
[#3]
No brainer here with the Tactical model, barrel length alone makes a big difference between the comp 1301 21" vs the 18.5" Tactical models for defensive purposes.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 3:19:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, fellas.  Much appreciated.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 2:00:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Another vote for the 1301 Tactical. Better late than never.

Mobjack
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top