Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2019 2:41:10 PM EDT
Link

I ordered this earlier today from impact guns, why would this M4 be $100 cheaper than the “non le” model that’s 5+1?
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 2:51:43 PM EDT
[#1]
This is not fact, just my best guess from looking at it.

1. You did not get the pistol grip stock
2. Your extended mag appears to be the 2 piece (extension) rather than the preferred total mag tube one piece replacement

It is up to you to decide what those differences are worth to you.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 3:32:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is not fact, just my best guess from looking at it.

1. You did not get the pistol grip stock
2. Your extended mag appears to be the 2 piece (extension) rather than the preferred total mag tube one piece replacement

It is up to you to decide what those differences are worth to you.
View Quote
I was kinda torn about the pistol grip anyways, and can always get one later on. And it would’ve cost a lot more to do the magazine extension myself because of 922r if I’m correct?

Also if the +2 extension is good enough for John Wick it should be good enough for me not saying that’s why I’m buying the gun.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 4:30:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Also if I decide I want the pistol grip, is this all I need? I don’t think it would be hard to switch out.  And this looks cheaply priced to be OEM.

https://www.botach.com/benelli-81040-m4-pistol-grip-stock-w-sling-mount/
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:22:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Also if I decide I want the pistol grip, is this all I need? I don’t think it would be hard to switch out.  And this looks cheaply priced to be OEM.

https://www.botach.com/benelli-81040-m4-pistol-grip-stock-w-sling-mount/
View Quote
Be cautious with Botach.  Many of us have had issues with them over the decades.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 7:08:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Be cautious with Botach.  Many of us have had issues with them over the decades.
View Quote
Oh hmmm I didn’t know that, will do. Worst case scenario I’ll just charge back with my credit card.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 7:28:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I just picked up a M4 with the pistol grip from my local store and ordered the LE extension tube from Midwestgunparts and they do NOT check if your LE like there site says to order.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:04:42 AM EDT
[#7]
No night sights is my guess. Some LE models have them and some don’t.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 12:18:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Link

I ordered this earlier today from impact guns, why would this M4 be $100 cheaper than the “non le” model that’s 5+1?
View Quote
Yeah it's because the first thing you'll want to do is get a full length magazine tube (or extension) and most are a fan of the grip stock or Benelli Collapsible Stock.

A lot of people argue about 922R compliance and whether or not it is important to follow legal-wise. Supposedly you cannot just put a stock or full length magazine tube on there without first replacing X number of other parts with US made parts. That is another reason why many, if not most, prefer to just get the 922R compliant model right off the shelf even if it costs more.

The M4 is soooo much fun to shoot that you'll want the full length tube. The limiter is for sodomites.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 1:33:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
No night sights is my guess. Some LE models have them and some don’t.
View Quote
Hmm interesting, what I mean though is mb LE model that comes with the +2 extender was $100 cheaper than the standard 5 round with the limiter.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 1:34:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yeah it's because the first thing you'll want to do is get a full length magazine tube (or extension) and most are a fan of the grip stock or Benelli Collapsible Stock.

A lot of people argue about 922R compliance and whether or not it is important to follow legal-wise. Supposedly you cannot just put a stock or full length magazine tube on there without first replacing X number of other parts with US made parts. That is another reason why many, if not most, prefer to just get the 922R compliant model right off the shelf even if it costs more.

The M4 is soooo much fun to shoot that you'll want the full length tube. The limiter is for sodomites.
View Quote
The one I got which was cheaper comes with the extension though. Yeah I’m gonna try the exntension, later on down the road I may fork out the money for the 7 round magazine tube etc.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 2:20:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The one I got which was cheaper comes with the extension though. Yeah I’m gonna try the exntension, later on down the road I may fork out the money for the 7 round magazine tube etc.
View Quote
Ahhhh I see now. I didn't look close enough at the pic to see that yours doesn't have the limiter, but a magazine tube extension. Yes yours holds as many rounds as a full length magazine tube.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 5:15:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Ahhhh I see now. I didn't look close enough at the pic to see that yours doesn't have the limiter, but a magazine tube extension. Yes yours holds as many rounds as a full length magazine tube.
View Quote
Yeah, lol. And it was $100 cheaper than the one that only bolds 5...
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 6:19:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I ordered this earlier today from impact guns, why would this M4 be $100 cheaper than the "non le" model that's 5+1?
View Quote
It's cheaper because there was no FET cost (that manufacturers must pay on non-exempt guns), and there are no US parts in it (or at least they aren't required to be in it). That's why you have to be LE or government to purchase one new. (Anybody can buy a used one).

Normally FET gets passed on to the consumer as part of the price.

kygunco.com has an even better price ($1544).

All LE/government models are exempt from 922(r) under 18 U.S.C. 925, so they can be assembled without regard to US parts count.
922(r) only covers assembly anyway; it doesn't affect possession. It's completely legal to possess an improperly configured gun if someone else assembled it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 6:23:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I have owned a few of the Benelli shotguns and really think you did well with that configuration and price.
Awesome shotgun.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 6:47:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yeah, lol. And it was $100 cheaper than the one that only bolds 5...
View Quote
Maybe whoever priced them got the model and prices mixed up .
You got the better deal .
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 6:55:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's cheaper because there was no FET cost (that manufacturers must pay on non-exempt guns), and there are no US parts in it (or at least they aren't required to be in it). That's why you have to be LE or government to purchase one new. (Anybody can buy a used one).

All LE/government models are exempt from 922(r) under 18 U.S.C. 925, so they can be assembled without regard to US parts count.
922(r) only covers assembly anyway; it doesn't affect possession. It's completely legal to possess an improperly configured gun if someone else assembled it.
View Quote
Anyone can buy the LE models brand new. Last month I bought NIB from a Benelli LE dealer model 11715 .
Collapsible stock
7+1
Night sights.
$1850.00 . There are several LE dealers on GB that sell the whole Benelli LE line to anyone.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 7:18:42 PM EDT
[#17]
They may do that, but they aren't supposed to sell new LE guns to the general public.

Usually the LE guns the GunBroker dealers are selling were pre-owned by a LE agency, even if the box wasn't opened. (That's the legal way to accomplish that, anyway.)
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 5:09:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Hmmm wish I would’ve just been patient and tried to snag a 11715, so I’ll need four 922r compliment parts in order to put a collpabsible stock on it?
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 5:41:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
so I'll need four 922r compliment parts in order to put a collpabsible stock on it?
View Quote
Not if it was imported/assembled for LE/gov't use. It's permanently exempt under 925.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 8:58:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not if it was imported/assembled for LE/gov't use. It's permanently exempt under 925.
View Quote
Ahh okay, I was kinda wondering about that where this is a LE model that I ordered. So even if it wasn’t purchased by a LEO? Do you have a link?
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 1:05:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Yeah it's 18 U.S.C. 925(a)(1) that I linked earlier.

...shall not apply with respect to the transportation, shipment, receipt, possession, or importation of any firearm or ammunition imported for, sold or shipped to, or issued for the use of, the United States or any department or agency thereof or any State or any department, agency, or political subdivision thereof.
View Quote
If any of those things happened to that gun, with respect to a government entity, then it's exempt.
If none of them happened, they shouldn't have sold it to you.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 1:32:29 AM EDT
[#22]
In my experience, most of the M4 LE models that Benelli sells come with the +2 extension on the 5 round tube instead of the full length 7round single piece tube.  I think the only ones that come from the factory with the 7 round single piece tube are the real M1014s for the US military (not to be confused with the civilian M1014 Commemorative with the engraved US flag, which has the normal 5 round tube with the ribbed dummy extension.

I picked up a brand new LE model M4 at a gun show with the functioning collapsing stock and the 5+2 mag.  Regardless of whether dealers are not supposed to sell the LE models to civilians, the reality is that many do.  922r isn’t a concern for the buyer as the assembly was done at the factory, and it’s an assembly offense, not a possession offense.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 7:41:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Well since I just installed a OEM plus 2 extension on my M4 but have not replaced the spring and its still capped at 5 rounds I'm still with in the law.  I just swapped out the tube for now for looks and latter may finish the upgrade ?
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 8:05:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I ordered this earlier today from impact guns, why would this M4 be $100 cheaper than the "non le" model that's 5+1?

Off topic rant.  That’s some unconstitutional shit that the gov is exempted from 992 (r).  
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 8:23:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If any of those things happened to that gun, with respect to a government entity, then it's exempt.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

...shall not apply with respect to the transportation, shipment, receipt, possession, or importation of any firearm or ammunition imported for, sold or shipped to, or issued for the use of, the United States or any department or agency thereof or any State or any department, agency, or political subdivision thereof.
Ahh okay, I missed you linking it at first, interesting thanks. Yeah I’m surprised it slip through the cracks, most of their LEO models say “Law Enforcement Only” the one I ordered didn’t. It just repeated “Law Enforcement” at the end.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 11:40:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Personally i did not like the pistol grip on my M1S90. I didnt really like the way it fit. Also i had a few failures running very light loads. Tried everything and still had a few. Changed to a regular stock and now it runs 100%. Who knows. I know the M1 and M4 are different but just my opinion.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 2:13:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top