Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 8:09:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

I have a hard time believing they’d be ok with that big fat recoil pad on there.
View Quote

Yeah I'm not sure that would fly. I was thinking metal buttplate like the lever action mare's leg.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 3:18:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have one in hand yet so bear with the newb question - can the factory barrel clamp be swapped to the rail section is on the left side?
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 3:21:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Eames:
I don't have one in hand yet so bear with the newb question - can the factory barrel clamp be swapped to the rail section is on the left side?
View Quote
Yes.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 4:03:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By timccart:
Yes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Yes.

No need to remove the clamp. The short rail piece can be installed on either side.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 5:02:40 PM EDT
[#5]
What are the receiver dimensions where the stock attaches? I have a Turk semi auto in the safe thats slightly larger then a 870/1187 receiver and was wondering if the V3 side folding adapter would fit it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 7:54:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Who made the grip cover?

Link Posted: 4/23/2020 8:24:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Do you feel it is worth the $100 price?
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 8:09:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bulldog1967] [#10]
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 9:13:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Well it really looks good!
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 2:25:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Mine broke yesterday.

Took trigger group out to look over, after about 100rds through it. Piece falls out.

Tail of the carrier assembly.

Gonna see how Remington honors the warranty with a SBS TAC-13, I guess.

MIM strikes.

https://i.imgur.com/AkFCo81h.jpg
View Quote
Any updates?
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 2:59:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Any updates?
View Quote
Spitfire is at the Mothership.

Sent in as SBS, with my stamp, so there was an answer if they had a question.

Parts are back ordered. So there seems to be hope they are repairing.

All automated, so far.

Link Posted: 4/26/2020 11:25:02 PM EDT
[#14]
If you wet the leather it will stretch I bet.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 8:00:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CodDawkins] [#15]
Spitfire is at the Mothership.

Sent in as SBS, with my stamp, so there was an answer if they had a question.

Parts are back ordered. So there seems to be hope they are repairing.

All automated, so far.

View Quote
Returned today. No questions asked.

Replaced trigger plate assembly, hone polished chamber.

Shot 5 buckshot at 25yds, ringing steel, fast as I could go(which ain't fast).

23 days since broken and returned, repaired, including weekends.

Description on repair doc was "V3 12 Caliber SEMI-AUTO Action SB SHOTGUN with 13 inch barrel" So I am guessing they acknowledged the SBS.

Color me impressed.

Link Posted: 5/5/2020 6:12:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Returned today. No questions asked.

Replaced trigger plate assembly, hone polished chamber.

Shot 5 buckshot at 25yds, ringing steel, fast as I could go(which ain't fast).

23 days since broken and returned, repaired, including weekends.

Description on repair doc was "V3 12 Caliber SEMI-AUTO Action SB SHOTGUN with 13 inch barrel" So I am guessing they acknowledged the SBS.

Color me impressed.

https://i.imgur.com/X0pMqHUh.jpg
View Quote
Very cool; glad it worked out.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 3:15:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By timccart:
Returned today. No questions asked.

Replaced trigger plate assembly, hone polished chamber.

Shot 5 buckshot at 25yds, ringing steel, fast as I could go(which ain't fast).

23 days since broken and returned, repaired, including weekends.

Description on repair doc was "V3 12 Caliber SEMI-AUTO Action SB SHOTGUN with 13 inch barrel" So I am guessing they acknowledged the SBS.

Color me impressed.

https://i.imgur.com/X0pMqHUh.jpg
View Quote

Damn that is one sweet SBS!
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:29:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Eames] [#18]
Maybe I should have posted here first. Anyone that has installed the GGG bolt release pad - could you chime in here?  

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_1/511089_V3-Tac-13-Latch-Pin-Roll-Pin-Install.html

Thanks.

++++++++++++

Edit - found the answer; can see in other thread.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 11:09:05 AM EDT
[#19]
If anyone has experience... how does the recoil of the Tac13’s gas system compare to the 20ga pump shockwave or Tac14?
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 7:46:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Willz] [#20]
Originally Posted By Brooklynite:
If anyone has experience... how does the recoil of the Tac13’s gas system compare to the 20ga pump shockwave or Tac14?
View Quote

You're going to feel more recoil on a pump vs a semi-auto.
I haven't shot any of the 20 ga pumps but I can safely say the Tac-13 in 12 ga, felt recoil is noticeably less.

The semi-auto, especially gas operated like the Tac-13 will be noticeable softer than a pump. The gas system and semi-auto action absorbs a lot of the felt recoil.
A gas semi-auto is softest, inertia system less soft, pump the least of all. With a pump you're getting the full force of the shell.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 7:23:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mjb] [#21]
Great question RE changing the gas plugs out for vent tubes with a wood forearm...Why do it?
Randy Wakeman seems to think that the short barrel of the Tac-13 doesn't require a change.

https://www.randywakeman.com/AnalysisGasandRemingtonV3.htm
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 1:11:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By mjb:
Great question RE changing the gas plugs out for vent tubes with a wood forearm...Why do it?
Randy Wakeman seems to think that the short barrel of the Tac-13 doesn't require a change.

View Quote

I asked that earlier and was told it was because the plugs cause cracking of the wood forend ad the tubes did not.
I’m still confused as to why that would occur but the tubes and wood furniture are both relatively inexpensive.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:51:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Willz:

I asked that earlier and was told it was because the plugs cause cracking of the wood forend ad the tubes did not.
I'm still confused as to why that would occur but the tubes and wood furniture are both relatively inexpensive.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mjb:

I'm still confused as to why that would occur but the tubes and wood furniture are both relatively inexpensive.
I replied to change them because Did not see the referenced Wakeman  page. I only saw the one I linked earlier.

Here is the info from the last linked Wakeman page:

The new V3 TAC-13 has neither exhaust tubes or compensating plugs, just solid plugs. The dramatically shorter barrel (13 inch) makes tubes or compensating plugs unnecessary.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 7:32:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks again for the info shared in this thread! I shared my build and specs in the pic thread.

Link Posted: 6/16/2020 12:15:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CBass123] [#25]
@timccart

Glad to see this.

Your build inspired my walnut tac13 sbs.

Thanks again for sharing that info with me by the way.

It turned out perfectly!
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 12:46:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jeffb1911] [#26]
HOLY COW!  Anyone looked at what Tac 13's are going for on gunbroker?  I had traded into one, and looking for the front clamp assembly for it so that i can mount a light to it.  So i looked on there for some parts, and found them going for almost three times retail!  And not very many of them at that..... now to look for the front clamp assembly somewhere........
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 12:49:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By jeffb1911:
HOLY COW!  Anyone looked at what Tac 13's are going for on gunbroker?  I had traded into one, and looking for the front clamp assembly for it so that i can mount a light to it.  So i looked on there for some parts, and found them going for almost three times retail!  And not very many of them at that..... now to look for the front clamp assembly somewhere........
View Quote

Yes
Guess I am back to cutting down one of my M1S90s.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 4:49:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eames] [#28]
The factory picatinny section - does anyone know where that part and bolt can be sourced, and is it possible to add it to the other side of the mount when there's already a section installed?  e.g. I want that section on both sides.   I know GGG has a bolt on section, but figured I'd ask about the factory piece first. Thanks

Edit again: nevermind; I think I found it at Midway; Nordic Components rail section link
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 5:15:14 PM EDT
[#29]
The factory picatinny section - does anyone know where that part and bolt can be sourced, and is it possible to add it to the other side of the mount when there's already a section installed?  e.g. I want that section on both sides.   I know GGG has a bolt on section, but figured I'd ask about the factory piece first. Thanks
View Quote
I went with the CDM Gear ROC12S, I wanted the QD.

The ROC rails are made into the mount, and lower profile, overall.

I have a ROC12 and I have the original factory band/rail, if you want to PM me about either, since this is the tech forum.

https://www.mountsplus.com/searchspring-search.html?q=CDM+Gear+ROC-12
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 5:17:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eames] [#30]
Will add just what I need - NC makes a QD attachment that mounts to their barrel clamp; should be a win. link
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 5:36:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By mPisi:

Yes
Guess I am back to cutting down one of my M1S90s.
View Quote

I gave up on trying to find one and started messing around with an H&R 12ga I had in the back of the safe instead

Link Posted: 9/4/2020 5:36:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Will add just what I need - NC makes a QD attachment that mounts to their barrel clamp; should be a win. link
View Quote
GTG

Link Posted: 9/10/2020 7:28:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apcapt] [#33]
Have been looking for one since Feb. But obviously now they are unobtanium.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 2:32:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Remington is having financial problems and isn't producing like they used to.  Hopefully they can pull it together, because people haven't been pleased with their products for awhile now.  They have guns we want, but won't produce them and they stuff they are putting out isn't looking real good.  Other than their Tac-13 & Tac-14 lines, I haven't been real excited about anything from them

I bought a 870 Tac-14 DM back early last year when they had a rebate on them.  For the $220 after rebate, I figured why not.  Well, I can't find any spare mags for it and nobody else is offering any aftermarket ones.  So now I know why I shouldn't have bought it.  Hopefully Csspec mags will produce some 8 & 10rd mags.  Or Promag uses the Saiga-12 drums they make and adapt them to it.  I bought the DM model with the idea of doing a Short Barrel Shotgun on it and cutting the barrel back to 6-8" with a folding stock.  I think it would fit in a messenger bag/backpack and still have 6 round stock capacity with quick reloads.  It's the shotgun I dreamed of back in the 1980's when shotguns still were the popular to-go for civilian defensive use.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 6:10:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Dang! Someone sold a Tac 13 for $1675 on Gunbroker.

Link Posted: 9/11/2020 6:54:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Dang! Someone sold a Tac 13 for $1675 on Gunbroker.
View Quote

Hell, that's a good price now.  Ones with braces are going up around $2,000.

The Black Aces shorties are over $600, which I would get but I hate the 1100.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 8:11:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By ihon:
Remington is having financial problems and isn't producing like they used to.  Hopefully they can pull it together, because people haven't been pleased with their products for awhile now.  They have guns we want, but won't produce them and they stuff they are putting out isn't looking real good.  Other than their Tac-13 & Tac-14 lines, I haven't been real excited about anything from them

I bought a 870 Tac-14 DM back early last year when they had a rebate on them.  For the $220 after rebate, I figured why not.  Well, I can't find any spare mags for it and nobody else is offering any aftermarket ones.  So now I know why I shouldn't have bought it.  Hopefully Csspec mags will produce some 8 & 10rd mags.  Or Promag uses the Saiga-12 drums they make and adapt them to it.  I bought the DM model with the idea of doing a Short Barrel Shotgun on it and cutting the barrel back to 6-8" with a folding stock.  I think it would fit in a messenger bag/backpack and still have 6 round stock capacity with quick reloads.  It's the shotgun I dreamed of back in the 1980's when shotguns still were the popular to-go for civilian defensive use.
View Quote

It is honestly a sign of why they are failing, they haven't been very good at adapting to the market for a while.  Tac-13s have been selling for above msrp for a long time, they were even hard to find before the current panic got bad.  Did Remington adapt and start pumping out a winner? Nope.  It is frustrating, I wanted to buy one to SBS but figured I would wait for them to catch up to market demand which they seemed uninterested in doing.  Mossberg sold a crap ton of the shockwaves and in no time they flooded the market with them, why didn't Remington do the same?  It is a product that shares many of its parts with the rest of their shotguns, so I wouldn't expect it to be a manufacturing capability issue.

Look at companies like sig, they had a much bigger hit with the P365 (a new product line) than I think anyone expected and they capitalized on it... even making rapid upgrades as they were going to address problems all while expanding the line.  Mossberg did the same with the shockwave, yet Big Green lumbers along unable to capitalize on their winners while quality suffers on their established products.

-Mike
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 11:00:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Agree 100%; I feel like they fumbled an incredible opportunity; maybe they didn't have the capacity?  I paid a little over msrp for mine, but it was worth it; reading between the lines I didn't see them ever being readily available again.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 9:10:05 PM EDT
[#39]
The Gunbroker market is getting a bit softer, this one went for only $1600 today, with brace.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/879720421
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 9:58:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Just FYI for Tac13/Ergo adapter Hera H15G grips dont fit.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 7:08:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Anyone going the SBS route - CDNN has some nice looking Walnut Sets for V3 for just $39.99

https://www.cdnnsports.com/remington-v3-12ga-walnut-checkered-stock-forend.html?___SID=U#.X3Rmg8JKjIU

Link Posted: 9/30/2020 8:31:37 PM EDT
[#42]
That's a fantastic deal on a walnut stock and forend. Thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 12:20:04 AM EDT
[#43]
^ that was my plan, but with the inability to get a Tac-13, I'm back to the 10" Benelli path.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 9:31:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Hopefully the new owners of Remington will sell us the stuff we want and raise the quality control.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 11:12:50 AM EDT
[#45]
I was hoping for the PSA Tac-13 and DAGR $600 combo daily deal.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 12:42:39 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By zainyD:
That's a fantastic deal on a walnut stock and forend. Thanks for posting.

I bought 2 sets several months ago. The wood on both looked really nice. One to chop and I'm keeping the nicest one unaltered for a tax stamp.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 3:32:19 PM EDT
[#47]

I bought 2 sets several months ago. The wood on both looked really nice. One to chop and I'm keeping the nicest one unaltered for a tax stamp.
View Quote

I also bought one to modify.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 7:43:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Does the Remington V3 "Sport" 3-shot shotgun (full size shotgun) have a plug to limit it to 3 rounds or is there more blocking it?

At the current prices for a V3 TAC-13, It seems one could buy a full size V3, FORM-1 it to SBS,  chop it to length, add mag extention, etc cheaper including paying the $200 tax.

That model doesn't work for those in non-NFA states or not wanting to invite NFA hassles, but I'm considering it versus paying $1500 for a TAC-13.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 11:14:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By cherenkov:
Does the Remington V3 "Sport" 3-shot shotgun (full size shotgun) have a plug to limit it to 3 rounds or is there more blocking it?

At the current prices for a V3 TAC-13, It seems one could buy a full size V3, FORM-1 it to SBS,  chop it to length, add mag extention, etc cheaper including paying the $200 tax.

That model doesn't work for those in non-NFA states or not wanting to invite NFA hassles, but I'm considering it versus paying $1500 for a TAC-13.
View Quote

With the Tac-13 that expensive now, you're probably right.

I bought my 13 before all the election panic and I'll be putting a SBS stamp on it in the future.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 3:20:26 PM EDT
[#50]

I bought my 13 before all the election panic and I'll be putting a SBS stamp on it in the future.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cherenkov:

There was a "Competition" V3 on Gunbroker about 2 weeks ago for ~$900 IIRC, used but good shape, with some modded parts.  Pretty sure it ended with no bids.  I thought it would be a good donor gun, but passed for now, hoping it would come back at $750 or so.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top