Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 11/17/2018 2:18:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigcraig]
In this thread lets document known tips, info and compatibility of components for the new Remington V3 Tac-13.

Link Posted: 11/17/2018 4:47:32 PM EDT
[#1]
That doesn't really look wrong to me. Have you ever seen a speedfeed stock on a Mossberg?
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 5:07:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigcraig] [#2]
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 5:14:14 PM EDT
[#3]
The stocks will come as more of these guns get out there. I saw that they are making a new 21" that will make a pretty bitchin all around gun and you will probably see competition guns eventually because they don't really need 3.5" capability.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 6:50:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine doesn't have an aluminum mag follower, it came with the same shitty plastic orange one I've seen in 870 Express guns.

Also when looking at my Tac 13 next to a Versa Max gun on the shelf at my LGS the two receivers looked completely different to me. Completely different rear angles, different trigger group geometry, etc. And from what I've seen in photos online the Versa Max stock uses a four peg mounting system that surrounds a big hole for the recoil spring extension, while the V3 uses a three larger peg mounting system in a triangle arrangement around a simple screw hole. I don't see how the stocks would be compatible at all.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 2:58:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By bigcraig:
In this thread lets document known tips, info and compatibility of components for the new Remington V3 Tac-13.

Some of the things that I have noticed, in no particular order.

1) Gun already comes with a really nice hi-viz aluminum mag follower.
2) Guns receiver is already drilled and tapped for top rail attachment.
3) Gun can be ghost loaded.
4) While the gun uses the exact same birds head grip as the Tac-14 870, it does this with milled aluminum receiver adapter. This adapter will "mate" up with 870 tube adapters, the geometry is all wrong for the pistol grip portion. (Below is a picture of a Tacstar tube adapter for reference.)
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/77315/20181117_130323_resized-742046.jpg
5) For those intending to SBS their Tac-13. Any buttstock that is designed to work for a Versa-Max should work, right now the only pistol grip stock I am aware of for the Versa-Max is a Mesa Tactical Urbino.
View Quote

Any word on if Mesa will produce an adapter for a brace ?
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:25:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bigcraig] [#6]
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:40:35 AM EDT
[#7]
OP Can you post some pictures of the Aluminum plate and also the back of the receiver with the plate removed?

I wonder if a thinner plate with a recessed screw whole that is directed into the receiver would be better ?  You'd think Remington would have thought that through if so, but sometimes they just cut to a quick solution not thinking ahead for accessories or might want to sell their own.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 5:43:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Pics of the back of the Tac13 receiver and both sides of the adapter plate.

From what I can tell the adapter plate mimics the similar part on the regular V3 shotgun. As you can see in the photo the adapter plate has a faux receiver nut of an 870, but it is just a "tube" that the bolt that holds the birds head grip on passes through... which means this bolt has to be longer to clear through the adapter plate and thread directly into the receiver. I'm not sure how to overcome this easily... this adapter part is kind of ingenious in a way as it allows Remington to change nothing on the existing V3 receiver or the existing 870 birds head grips they already have. All they need is a new adapter plate and a longer bolt to attach it. And because of the longer bolt it adds an additional "check" to people trying to install existing "non-legal" pistol grips or stocks on their "firearm" as the bolts included with those parts designed for the 870 won't be long enough to properly attach.

I imagine the shortest road to getting a pistol grip / brace solution on this gun would be to design a one piece adapter like the Mesa Tac one piece telescoping stock adapter, except with a custom mating area that has the three lugs built into it as well as a properly shaped / proportioned extension to close the gap between the pistol grip and the unique angle and shape of the V3 trigger guard as well as the rear mating surface being the correct steeper angle of the rear of the V3 receiver so the brace / stock isn't like two inches higher than it should be.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 12:11:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

As with damn near ever company I have ever sent a product suggestion to, Mesa has not replied to my email. LOL
View Quote
Seems if they dont they will miss out on a good thing, Was curious as buddy has the tac-13 on order
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 8:47:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sutftrybe] [#10]
Very late to the party on this, but for anyone else reading this thread, I spoke with Ergo and they think their adapter will be ready first quarter 2019. They have a v3 tac 13 and are engineering it at this point. Forend mods are being discussed as well.

This info led to me purchasing one from a small dealer listing one on TGT. I of course paid "first kid on the block" pricing, but meh...it's a concept I've been waiting for.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 2:00:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigcraig] [#11]
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 4:00:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Got mine in today. Lighter than I thought, but other than the strap, doesn't feel cheap.

Now.. How the hell do you get 5 rounds in the tube? Mine came with the red aluminum follower but after 4 rounds of 2.75 stock the 5th goes all but 1/10" in.

That's kind of a deal breaker when I could have gotten a black aces tactical (1100 series, though) for $476 shopped. I paid $750 shipped, for the record.

So.. To stay on topic. I need a tip on how to get the 5th round in without downgrading to a plastic follower?
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 4:11:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 10:22:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By KosherNRA:
Got mine in today. Lighter than I thought, but other than the strap, doesn't feel cheap.

Now.. How the hell do you get 5 rounds in the tube? Mine came with the red aluminum follower but after 4 rounds of 2.75 stock the 5th goes all but 1/10" in.

That's kind of a deal breaker when I could have gotten a black aces tactical (1100 series, though) for $476 shopped. I paid $750 shipped, for the record.

So.. To stay on topic. I need a tip on how to get the 5th round in without downgrading to a plastic follower?
View Quote
Which shells? Some 2.75 shells are longer than others.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 10:55:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Yep, some shells are longer.

IIRC, shells that use a roll crimp tend to be a little longer. S&B I think are like this.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 5:02:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KosherNRA] [#16]
These particular ones are rio royal low recoil buck 2.75".

I am reading they're longer than others, but actually measure at 2.75.

Ahhh well,
Got some federal that'll be here soon.

Still thinking of getting a mesa stock and sbs this sucker
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 6:18:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Is there a Mesa stock that fits correctly? I picked up a factory stock from Midwest Gun Works this morning (online). I plan to file the SBS paperwork this evening.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 3:24:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By KosherNRA:
These particular ones are rio royal low recoil buck 2.75".

I am reading they're longer than others, but actually measure at 2.75.

Ahhh well,
Got some federal that'll be here soon.

Still thinking of getting a mesa stock and sbs this sucker
View Quote
Rio Royal are way longer than Federal, Rem, and Win offerings, this effects the capacity on all my shotgun
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 3:18:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KosherNRA] [#19]
Just to clear everything up.

Yup.. Definitely longer by maybe 1/10"

5 fit for sure.. No go with Rio. 4+1. Like their stuff, though!

https://imgur.com/a/LKXDT1A

Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:06:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Is there a metal trigger housing available?
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:12:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Anyone know what model of side saddle fits this model? LGS tried what they had in stock for several models, and nothing lined up correctly.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 8:25:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Are you against using one of the velcro mount saddles...maybe you could have a few spares to replenish the unit when you run low/out.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:51:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By VT_K9:
Are you against using one of the velcro mount saddles...maybe you could have a few spares to replenish the unit when you run low/out.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:51:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BDA] [#24]
Side saddle ammo carrier? Anyone?
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 9:48:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By BDA:
Side saddle ammo carrier? Anyone?
View Quote
There are none.

I opted to run velcro on my Tac-13.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:26:48 PM EDT
[#26]

There are none.

View Quote
Gotcha... appreciate the info. Maybe a nice basic sling bando might be the ticket.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:57:05 PM EDT
[#27]
In case anyone was curious, Scalarworks is working on a Trijicon RMR mount for the Tac-13 like they have available for Mossberg and Benelli shotguns. It's a pretty sweet little unit. They told me it should be available around the summer. Looking forward to getting one on mine.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 12:49:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sq40] [#28]
Gotcha... appreciate the info. Maybe a nice basic sling bando might be the ticket.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

There are none.

I found a good compromise.

Lancer makes a 12 shell holder that has a long velcro loop on the back that will let you put it on a sling.  Makes it removable without taking off the sling.  I put one on my TAC 14.  Works very well.

Amazon Product
  • Belt Mounted System
  • 12 Shell Capacity
  • 600D Polyester Construction

Link Posted: 1/15/2019 3:28:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Any updates on stock adapters? Ergo informally stated end of this month (jan-2019), assuming to coordinate with Shot Show 2019. I emailed Wilson Combat (while I'm not a fan of paying over $100 for an adapter, if that's the only option, so be it). They said they would pass the inquiry/request along - I found it interesting that a few days later a "wilsoncombat" buyer was bidding on several Rem V3-T13's on Gun Broker.

Any others though? Anyone hear anything from Mesa? I know a fellow ARF member emailed them, but got silence of the lambs
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 12:13:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigcraig] [#30]
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 3:53:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Has anyone gotten their front sight out and swapped it for a fiber optic? I bought a HiVis CompSight for this thing, but I can't get the front bead out and all I've done is scratched the finish on the rib trying.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#32]
So for eventual SBS thoughts, would a Magpul SGA 870 mate to the Tac-13 ?   Seems like it would make a nice setup.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 4:11:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigcraig] [#33]
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 9:57:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By cav_scout_tj:
So for eventual SBS thoughts, would a Magpul SGA 870 mate to the Tac-13 ?   Seems like it would make a nice setup.
View Quote
You’ll need this - Bolt

And probably this to capture the gas pistons - End plate
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 11:23:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigcraig] [#35]
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 10:47:53 AM EDT
[#36]

Neither of those will work for the Magpul SGA.
View Quote
My mistake. I didn't realize the SGA had a (mostly) solid backplate. It's not visible in the Magpul photo until you zoom in and I hadn't removed mine to look at it closely. The factory stock uses the items I linked, so I assumed (incorrectly) that the SGA would as well.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 2:27:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigcraig] [#37]
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 7:54:01 AM EDT
[#38]
I dropped a meprolight tritium front post into mine. A little loctite and it works great.  Even thee white daylight dot is far better than the factory bead.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 5:15:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Sutftrybe:
I dropped a meprolight tritium front post into mine. A little loctite and it works great.  Even thee white daylight dot is far better than the factory bead.
View Quote
How did you get the original bead out? Is it threaded? I can't get mine out.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 7:23:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sutftrybe] [#40]
Just a pair of pliers and unscrew it. It is threaded. Might want to heat it up a bit to loosen any thread locker.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 11:32:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Looks like GG&G wins the race for first vendor to provide upgrades - They have upgraded charging handles, side saddles and top rails for sale at this point...
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 10:56:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Sutftrybe:
Looks like GG&G wins the race for first vendor to provide upgrades - They have upgraded charging handles, side saddles and top rails for sale at this point...
View Quote
Also looks like they also have the bolt release tab as well.

Although, all the charging handles show out of stock.

I will wait until the charging handles are instock and order it and a bolt release.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 8:02:37 AM EDT
[#43]

Also looks like they also have the bolt release tab as well.

Although, all the charging handles show out of stock.

I will wait until the charging handles are instock and order it and a bolt release.
View Quote
Most of their Tac-13 stuff is out of stock but you can order anyway. They have a note that says you won’t be charged until it ships (if using a credit card). I ordered a charging handle last night.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 11:33:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By hoothrewpoo:

Most of their Tac-13 stuff is out of stock but you can order anyway. They have a note that says you won’t be charged until it ships (if using a credit card). I ordered a charging handle last night.
View Quote
Yep, just realized that.

I went ahead and ordered both the charging handle and the bolt release.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 11:17:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Qind1] [#45]
Tore my set down after running a few hundred assorted rounds thru the Tac13. It's now been glass beaded, hand finished and Matt commercial hard chromed. The finish is around 68 R hard and has great properties. Clean up is one nice thing.. Lol

https://m.imgur.com/a/Pn2DfKk
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 11:41:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Qind1:
Tore my set down after running a few hundred assorted rounds thru the Tac13. It's now been glass beaded, hand finished and Matt commercial hard chromed. The finish is around 68 R hard and has great properties. Clean up is one nice thing.. Lol

View Quote
Looks good man. I would have left the hardwood gun alone but that's me. Who did the chrome? Someone who does a lot of guns?
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 12:01:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Willz] [#47]
View Quote
I cant see shit.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 12:40:20 AM EDT
[#48]

View Quote
Both guns are beautiful!
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 1:03:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By sq40:
Both guns are beautiful!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sq40:

Both guns are beautiful!
+1
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 4:33:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Willz:
I cant see shit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Willz:
I cant see shit.
Here ya go:

Attachment Attached File
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top