[Last Edit: Willz] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Variable556:
Originally Posted By Willz:
Originally Posted By Qind1:
Tore my set down after running a few hundred assorted rounds thru the Tac13. It's now been glass beaded, hand finished and Matt commercial hard chromed. The finish is around 68 R hard and has great properties. Clean up is one nice thing.. Lol
I cant see shit.
Here ya go:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53338/DD59C232-7934-4F86-B20B-BF53608CA8BD_jpeg-839030.JPG
I can see! I can see! Praise the Lord I can see!

Damn those are sexy.

Damn, this gonna cost me even more.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 1:25:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for help on my pic, appreciated.

The v3 has run everything from field thru slugs and zero issues. I broke it on on box of number 4 , cleaned it and then started running everything .
Working on machining a custom larger  charging handle right now .
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 1:35:48 PM EDT
[#3]
No problem!

I’m sorely tempted to get one.  I’m going to wait a little while to see what all develops folding brace-wise.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 2:19:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Suarez now has folding braces..

Not sure of the $300+ price, though.

Still waiting.

https://suarezinternational.com/suarez-tac-13-v3-folding-arm-brace-system-for-12-gauge/
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 2:20:29 PM EDT
[#5]

The v3 has run everything from field thru slugs and zero issues. I broke it on on box of number 4 , cleaned it and then started running everything .
View Quote
GG&G is making a charging handle, I have one on order.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 2:24:24 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote
@Qind1 who did the chrome? Looks awesome.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 3:59:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Found a great deal and couldn’t resist, especially with the $50 rebate.

Anyone mounted a light yet? I’d love to see pics.
Anyone found a oversized safety?

Need to place an order for the GGG handle and release. Was initially thinking about the rail as well but will probably hold off until Mesa releases a LEO adapter. Have one on another 870 and love it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 6:07:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Ron the owner does all my Hard Chrome at .mahovskysmetalife .
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 2:11:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By KosherNRA:
Suarez now has folding braces..

Not sure of the $300+ price, though.

Still waiting.

https://suarezinternational.com/suarez-tac-13-v3-folding-arm-brace-system-for-12-gauge/
View Quote
Not planning on writing any letters, but those folding braces don't hit the minimum length when folded.

Given that they'll still fire when folded, that's an interesting loophole if legit.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 3:25:03 PM EDT
[#10]
If it is a firearm, I belive all OAL measurements are with the device unfolded...but this isn't a stock, so who knows. All os based on what terms one uses...dumb laws either way.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 6:58:18 PM EDT
[#11]
gosh darn it, don't you people understand I am dealing with a disease and these kinds of creative projects and pictures are not helping my recovery one bit!
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 8:45:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Wow!!!!!!

I cant see shit.
View All Quotes
Tore my set down after running a few hundred assorted rounds thru the Tac13. It's now been glass beaded, hand finished and Matt commercial hard chromed. The finish is around 68 R hard and has great properties. Clean up is one nice thing.. Lol
I cant see shit.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 8:46:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Who Hard chromed your shotguns?
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 9:31:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Ron the owner does all my Hard Chrome at .mahovskysmetalife .
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 8:03:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Curious if anyone that's ordered gg&g goodies has received them yet?
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 11:25:56 AM EDT
[#16]
I have the charging handle on order and the bolt release, neither have arrived.

I did shoot them an email last week asking for an ETA, I was told the bolt releases are ready but the charging handles were a week out.

In other words, probably shipping sometime this week. I hope.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 11:55:59 AM EDT
[#17]
gg&g enlarged charging handle and bolt release work, installed yesterday 50 rounds
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 9:19:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hoothrewpoo] [#18]
My charging handle showed up today. Going to install it tonight.

Eta -  got it installed. Looks good. My Tac-13 still doesn’t charge very smoothly, but it’s a lot easier to get a hold of. Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 2:45:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By BDA:
Side saddle ammo carrier? Anyone?
View Quote
Check out the Aridus Industries Universal Q-DC
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 4:19:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Charging handle and tac latch arrived on Monday, just now had time to install them today.

Link Posted: 3/13/2019 6:11:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Nice! Mine are inbound as of today - how much cursing is involved with the install BC?
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 11:06:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Sutftrybe:
Nice! Mine are inbound as of today - how much cursing is involved with the install BC?
View Quote
It is actually a pretty easy job.

Field strip gun.

Tap a roll pin out.

Tap the BC pivot pin out from the top.

The the directions are pretty clear.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 5:44:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Just got off the phone with TacStar Customer Service. I asked if the 6 shot side saddle for the 870 (Item# 1081157) would fit the Tac-13 and they said YES.

Can anyone with this 870 side saddle confirm?
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 3:51:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By XxLaloCuraxX:
Just got off the phone with TacStar Customer Service. I asked if the 6 shot side saddle for the 870 (Item# 1081157) would fit the Tac-13 and they said YES.

View Quote
They lied.

The 870 and the TAC-13 have different placement of the FCG pins.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 12:17:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By bigcraig:
They lied.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By XxLaloCuraxX:

They lied.

Correct.

Link Posted: 3/23/2019 4:26:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Has anyone had there Birdshead grip stippled?

I see that Laser Stippling is being offered and think this would be of benefit for a firearms such as this.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 5:17:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By cavegeo:
Has anyone had there Birdshead grip stippled?

I see that Laser Stippling is being offered and think this would be of benefit for a firearms such as this.
View Quote
Harsh recoiling and extra friction can sometimes lead to a uncomfortable gun. Unless it was super slick to the point of it constantly slipping out of my hand I would be hesitant to add grip.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 9:35:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Anyone setup a light on theirs yet? I have a TLR-1HL setup on the left side along with a pressure pad on the handguard. Not sure if I should ditch that and get the new GG&G rail + WML combo. That looks pretty sweet but you'll have to extend your thumb pretty far forward to engage the light. With the pressure pad, the switch is right there where my hand grips the forend naturally...

Hmm...
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 12:46:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigcraig] [#29]
I just used a piece of pic rail and some chicago screws and some careful measuring and drilling to install my Protac. Used a Haley Strategic thorntail 2 rail mount to get it exactly where I wanted it.

This makes life easy when during breakdown of the gun for cleaning. As the light and pressure switch are mounted to the forearm and don't have to be unscrewed.

That said, the GG&G rail will make life much easier for folks to use whatever light and mount combo they choose.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Don't know if anyone else has a GG&G saddle, installed their V3-T13 version - shells are way too tight - I get the need for them to stay put, but it's a struggle to pop them out and that's with me looking at the saddle (as opposed to a target/threat) and in as calm a setting as possible - can only imagine what a high stress situation would be like

GG&G won't even return my call, so a little burnt on that as well
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 7:24:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Update on the GG&G saddle - GG&G said seat rounds fully into it and let it sit for a week - there are rubber "gaskets" for lack of a better term, that should reform to some degree.

The rubber component of the GG&G saddle is removable, so you can mod it if needed.

Moving on...someone posted a video on a Fostech something or other in the shotgun space - damn it, just when I thought my forearm OCD-ness was cured..
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 7:51:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Willz] [#32]
So, I drank the kool aid.

Palmetto had one and only one in stock. It has the red aluminum shell follower.  
Let the mods begin. Seriously considering paying the man and putting a stock on it.
In the mean time I going to get an SBA3 for it.

Check this out. Suarez International
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 2:23:31 PM EDT
[#33]
What’s the cost on doing one tac14?

Is hard chrome the most durable finish ? Or NP3?
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 7:20:23 PM EDT
[#34]
so I discovered the grip plug is missing from my Tac13.

I contacted Remington and they do not come with a grip plug even though I've seem video of the Tac13 with a plug.
I was told the plug would migrate out during rapid fire so the eliminated it.

So on a firearms which they list MSRP as $900 they can't find a way to secure a .50 cent plastic plug which Shockwave sells for $4 .

I said thanks I'll order an aftermarket one and glue it in place.
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 7:24:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SemperGumbi] [#35]

I contacted Remington and they do not come with a grip plug even though I've seem video of the Tac13 with a plug.

So on a firearms which they list MSRP as $900 they can't find a way to secure a .50 cent plastic plug which Shockwave sells for $4 .

View Quote
Mine did not have the plug either. I shot it and I do not notice it so I am calling it good.

Has anyone put a Magpul stock on one yet? I think I am going to SBR mine. It runs great with Federal Low Recoil Buck and is just a well made little gun.

The regular V3 stock looks a little long and I cannot find the reduced length / youth stock for sale. If the angle is not too weird the Magpul may be the ticket.
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 7:47:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By E4W:
Mine did not have the plug either. I shot it and I do not notice it so I am calling it good.

Has anyone put a Magpul stock on one yet? I think I am going to SBR mine. It runs great with Federal Low Recoil Buck and is just a well made little gun.

The regular V3 stock looks a little long and I cannot find the reduced length / youth stock for sale. If the angle is not too weird the Magpul may be the ticket.
View All Quotes

Looking at this as well.
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 8:35:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Suarez International did a fantastic job on the SB Tactical Tac-13 brace package.  The Magpul MOE AK grip feels good in the hand and the SOB brace performs exceptionally well.

Put a total of around 88 rounds through it - 50 slugs comprised of reduced recoil and high velocity, 25 rounds of 00 buck, both low recoil and normal velocity, plus 13 rounds of sport target loads.  The Tac-13 ran everything, except for the 00 buck, which prevented the bolt from going into battery.  Had the same issue with my M4 SBS, seems like any ammo under 1200fps doesn’t have enough energy to properly cycle, but I’ll test more buckshot during my next range trip.

While the brace is a bit pricy, I must admit that it significantly enhances the Tac-13’s effectiveness.  It transforms an otherwise limited use firearm, into a top performer for HD or truck duty, best of all, no NFA restrictions to deal with.

Link Posted: 5/23/2019 8:45:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Whooooooooo that’s nice
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 9:03:20 PM EDT
[#39]
The NFA paperwork does not bother me and I can pay the $200 tax stamp and buy the factory stock parts for less than the price of the Suarez brace.

But it does look cool on your gun and I can see how a folder would be nice. Speaking of that what is the overall length of yours with the Suarez brace folded? It looks like it might be under 26" overall?
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 9:58:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By E4W:But it does look cool on your gun and I can see how a folder would be nice. Speaking of that what is the overall length of yours with the Suarez brace folded? It looks like it might be under 26" overall?
View Quote
The OAL w/brace folded is just under 24”.  It’s easier/more comfortable to shoot with the brace folded, because the AK pistol grip is more ergonomic than the Shockwave grip.

I did a comparison between my Benelli SBS and Tac-13:

Yea, I’ve been down the NFA road a few times and will continue to add items as funds permit.  However, the Tac-13 w/brace is a serious contender to an SBS and after shooting it side-by-side with my M4 Entry, I no longer have a desire to convert my Tac-13 into an SBS.  My Tac-13 is lighter, shorter and every bit as comfortable to shoot than my M4.  Some ghost ring sights would be nice though, because the brace drop isn’t angled down enough to align your eyes on the same level plane with the front sight bead.

All things created equal within the performance arena, and as it pertains to HD or truck companion, there’s still some tangible benefits by NOT going the NFA route.  For instance, no BATFE permission needed to cross state lines and if I visit family/friends within my state, I don’t need to be concerned about restricted storage requirements or who can be in possession of it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 10:25:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By CREPR:
Suarez International did a fantastic job on the SB Tactical Tac-13 brace package.  The Magpul MOE AK grip feels good in the hand and the SOB brace performs exceptionally well.

Put a total of around 88 rounds through it - 50 slugs comprised of reduced recoil and high velocity, 25 rounds of 00 buck, both low recoil and normal velocity, plus 13 rounds of sport target loads.  The Tac-13 ran everything, except for the 00 buck, which prevented the bolt from going into battery.  Had the same issue with my M4 SBS, seems like any ammo under 1200fps doesn’t have enough energy to properly cycle, but I’ll test more buckshot during my next range trip.

While the brace is a bit pricy, I must admit that it significantly enhances the Tac-13’s effectiveness.  It transforms an otherwise limited use firearm, into a top performer for HD or truck duty, best of all, no NFA restrictions to deal with.
View Quote
Is the SI brace just a Choate 870 folder bolted to the factory adapter plate?
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 10:53:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By NWRed:Is the SI brace just a Choate 870 folder bolted to the factory adapter plate?
View Quote
SI uses the SB Tactical AR brace.  SI let’s you choose between 5 different SB Tactical brand braces, I chose the SOB brace.  SI assembles the entire brace, folding adapter, castle nut and Magpul AK grip.  All I had to do was to remove the Shockwave grip bolt and use the shorter supplied fastener/star washer.

Pretty sure they had to modify the MOE grip, but I’m not familiar enough to know exactly where on the grip they made the modifications.

Looks like SI is adding more Tac-13 components.  I just noticed that they have a folding hinge and grip package available separately, without a brace.
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 11:59:47 PM EDT
[#43]
How is Suarez customer service? And this company in general ??
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 12:40:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Willz] [#44]
The NFA paperwork does not bother me and I can pay the $200 tax stamp and buy the factory stock parts for less than the price of the Suarez brace.

But it does look cool on your gun and I can see how a folder would be nice. Speaking of that what is the overall length of yours with the Suarez brace folded? It looks like it might be under 26" overall?
View Quote
I think the factory stock would be too long for my taste, I'd like to keep it all as short a possible but still shoulderable.

On a side note I confirmed I can ghost load 3 inch and 2 3/4 inch shells. I can get Four 3 inch 00 buck 15 pellet shells in the mag tube one on the lifter and one in the chamber for 6 total 3 inch shells.
2 3/4 I can get 5 in the tube 1 on the lifter and 1 in the chamber for a total of 7 in the gun. Nice
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 8:35:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By DOG556:How is Suarez customer service? And this company in general ??
View Quote
I’ve never heard of Suarez International, until I searched the web for a Tac-13 brace.  So, my involvement with them was limited to a few email exchanges prior to my purchase.  They promptly replied to all my inquiries and I received my brace in ten days, which was a little quicker than the two week time frame noted on their website.

They strike me as a small business who’s emphasis is on providing training.  In which case, folks probably shouldn’t expect that they’d have a large inventory or amazon quick shipping.  But, I’m glad they took the lead to bring the Tac-13 brace to market.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 1:26:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By CREPR:

SI uses the SB Tactical AR brace.  SI let’s you choose between 5 different SB Tactical brand braces, I chose the SOB brace.  SI assembles the entire brace, folding adapter, castle nut and Magpul AK grip.  All I had to do was to remove the Shockwave grip bolt and use the shorter supplied fastener/star washer.

Pretty sure they had to modify the MOE grip, but I’m not familiar enough to know exactly where on the grip they made the modifications.

Looks like SI is adding more Tac-13 components.  I just noticed that they have a folding hinge and grip package available separately, without a brace.
View Quote
SI just uses a Choate folder, wasnt sure if its the 870 version or a different one.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 3:21:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mr_Toyz] [#47]
Never been a fan of the Choate stuff. Cheap crap.
It’d be interesting to see if this is indeed simply an 870 Choate setup. If so then I’m betting Suarez is raping people, based on his reputation. Might be entertaining to find out more
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 5:52:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Mr_Toyz:
Never been a fan of the Choate stuff. Cheap crap.
It’d be interesting to see if this is indeed simply an 870 Choate setup. If so then I’m betting Suarez is raping people, based on his reputation. Might be entertaining to find out more
View Quote
I have an M1A with a factory Choate folder, its well made but I bought it 30 years ago, so I can't speak to current Choate quality.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 5:55:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Definitely looks like a Choate folding adapter thats being used in the Tac-13 package, along with a SB Tactical brand brace and Magpul MOE AK pistol grip.  Not sure where the receiver extension and castle nut comes from though.  I’ve only got <100 rounds thus far, but the brace seems rock solid and the folding mechanism is easy to operate, with positive open and folded locks.

I suppose it’s fair to say that Suarez, being the only company to have a brace option for the Tac-13, is making a nice profit.  But, that’s ok, nobody’s arm is being twisted to buy it and quite frankly, they should rack up some profit on a one off item.

I have no experience with the 870 setup, but if someone wants to inform me on what to look for, I’d be happy to take mine apart to confirm.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 9:11:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Just10mm] [#50]
I just used a piece of pic rail and some chicago screws and some careful measuring and drilling to install my Protac. Used a Haley Strategic thorntail 2 rail mount to get it exactly where I wanted it.

This makes life easy when during breakdown of the gun for cleaning. As the light and pressure switch are mounted to the forearm and don't have to be unscrewed.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/77315/20181223_215712_resized-783253.jpg

That said, the GG&G rail will make life much easier for folks to use whatever light and mount combo they choose.
View Quote
@ bigcraig

How do you like the Aridus Industries mount? I'm considering one of those for my Tac-13 and was wondering about the fitment on the V3...
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top