Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2018 6:18:40 PM EDT
I'm planning to buy one or the other in July and I'm leaning towards the sko. I can't find much on it but standard manufacturing's parent company has a very good history. I was hoping to hear from guys that have or have had both. also is there any other magazine fed shotgun to look at. I would love the fostech but 2500 is to steep for me. I plan to get 1 for myself and 1 for each of my boys so I'm looking for around a 1000 at max.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 10:02:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know what to tell you.

Normally I would say head over to BE forums or siaga forums but for some reason the mag fed ar15 style shotguns aren't as popular on the forums as they used to be.  IMHO I think the SKO is one of the better AR style shotguns to come down the pike.

If it were me I would go with the SKO just because I like the AR ergos and like to be different

Realistically the Vepr is a more proven design and I would give the chances for reliability to the vepr
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 1:53:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I do not have a VEPR but I do have the Standard Manufacturing SKO as well as the SRM 1216 mag fed semi auto.  I am really loving the SKO (over the SRM 1216) and am currently using it for 3-Gun matches.  I purchased it for 3-Gun because I really like keeping the rifle and shotgun platform the same.  Transitions are seamless.  I have the same optic (Trijicon MRO) on both my AR and the SKO.  The 10 round mags work great and fit nicely in TACO Pouches.  It runs great with all of the slugs, #7 shot, & 00 Buck that I have tried so far.  The manual says the SKO will run fine with cheap underpowered Walmart special AFTER you have broken it in by running at least 4 boxes of shells with velocities of 1,200 fps or more first.  Since my SRM 1216 only likes shells with velocities of 1,300 fps or higher I have a big stockpile so I haven't gotten around to trying the low powered stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top