Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2016 4:16:52 PM EDT
Looking for another semi auto for clays.  Anybody have any experience with either?
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 7:01:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Neither.

Beretta makes the best gas operated semi auto shotguns for clays.  Buy once, cry once.

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 10:45:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Not what i was asking but thanks for your input.  This will be used till i can save up for a Super Vinci.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:08:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't mean to come across as a fanboy or a smartass.  I offer that suggestion based on my experience as an instructor and also as an ongoing volunteer worker at charity shoots.

The Turkish made semi autos always (and I mean always) cause problems for their owners.  Fail to feed, fail to extract, stove pipes, action frozen closed, you name it.  By waiting, saving up and spending a couple hundred dollars more for even an entry level Beretta A300, you will be far happier.  

If you want to start out shooting on a budget, get a decent pump.  It will serve you better than any inexpensive Turkish semi auto.

Best of luck.  

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:11:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I recently picked up a Stoeger M3000, 28" in realtree max5 camo. I own a couple nice autos 'Beretta & Franchi' but was impressed with with the Stoeger for $560 OTD. I've put 350 rds through it so far shooting trap in the back yard and it has been perfect, if you buy a Turkish gun just remember to clean and oil it before shooting it. They come loaded down with preservation oil.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:14:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't speak for either of those specific models.  My son has a Tri-Star o/u - it's been a great gun - except when he needed it to run flawlessly at a sporting clays tournament and it broke a firing pin....still under warranty, but that day was a bust for sure.  That said, I've got a H&R/New England Turkish made auto, and I've shot thousands of shells through it - and I haven't had any issues with it.  I shoot it, I clean it.  Repeat.  I wish I'd have bought a pair of them at the price I paid for the 1st.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top