Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2015 11:10:56 PM EDT
looking for a shorter barrel for my 870 it has the standard long vent rib barrel.
I would like an 18 or 18 1/2 barrel with a bead sight but everything i find has a blue or matte blue finish not the express finish.
I was looking to setup a home defense gun.
Can anybody help?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:21:51 PM EDT
[#1]
You ready....Gander Mountain! They have them in stock but not online (at least here). After having some online back-orders, and not being able to find one, I bought it from them.

ETA: The "blue" barrels tend to be the mossberg/remington barrels. GM has the factory Remington barrels NIB.
ETA2: They can also do in store transfers, so if they don't have them at your location they can order it from a MI store.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:56:19 AM EDT
[#2]
MidwayUSA
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:45:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:30:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
MidwayUSA
View Quote

This is where I got mine. Price wasn't bad.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:36:48 PM EDT
[#5]

the matte barrel (express finish) says it has no detent. does it need this detent to fit on my 870 express?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:38:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

the matte barrel (express finish) says it has no detent. does it need this detent to fit on my 870 express?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Does your current 870 mag cap click on a barrel detent now - or use the plastic piece in the end of the mag tube with its teeth that engage the mag cap?

The “detent” helps keep the magazine cap tight but there are other ways to accomplish the task
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:54:19 PM EDT
[#7]
My buddy got his at Cabelas $110 plus tax 18.5" cylinder bore, bead sight, express finish with the ball detent.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:24:03 AM EDT
[#8]
It screws on with teeth on the mag cap
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:27:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It screws on with teeth on the mag cap
View Quote

Then you really don't need the detent

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top