Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2013 10:57:06 AM EDT
Have one on my M4. Took off the recoil pad and shouldered it and feels way better. Urbino is 12.5 lop.

I have a field stock with a chopped 12 inch lop, lowest I could go without fucking with recoil tube. The way the Mesa attaches looks like I could get it down to at least 12 inch lop and maybe shorter.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 12:08:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup.
Had one on a 870 for a while now. Shouldered without butt pad attached and it feels much more comfortable.  
I have these damn stubby T-Rex arms so I like my stocks a short as possible.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 1:38:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I just wish they'd make one for a Mossberg 930SPX, talk about a long stock.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 1:41:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
They're workin on it.

I had a 930, problem is the recoil spring tube extends almost to the recoil pad. To make the stock shorter you have to fiddle with the length of the recoil spring tube.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 5:58:53 PM EDT
[#4]
That short of a LOP would cause a shotgun to shoot 'way high for me, not to mention me thumbing myself in the nose with every shot.

My competition sporting clays gun has a 15 3/4" LOP.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:58:01 PM EDT
[#5]
My only complaint is they don't make it for the FN SLP.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:59:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They're workin on it.  

I had a 930, problem is the recoil spring tube extends almost to the recoil pad. To make the stock shorter you have to fiddle with the length of the recoil spring tube.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They're workin on it.  

Supposedly whenever it is released it will be sort of a kit that comes with a replacement recoil spring tube. More info on it HERE
I have a 930 collecting dust because the stock is so damn long.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:27:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They're workin on it.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They're workin on it.  

What I don't understand is why some enterprising individual hasn't come up with the Benelli skeleton stock idea for the 930. All Benelli did was use the tube as the support hole for the stock, and machined some ridges in it for sizing..

Tell me this kind of stock wouldn't work on the Mossberg 930. A little measuring and you'd be there with minimal developing cost.

Not my photo. But this is what the recoil rod looks like.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 12:03:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By Masterbeef
View Quote

I have a 930 collecting dust because the stock is so damn long.

Sold mine for that reason. Also cause it didn't run reliably.

If I remember correctly you could shorten the OAL of the tube on the 930 if you just extended the threading for the nut that holds the stock on toward the receiver. Isn't there a cheap metal ring that is between the stock and the nut you tighten to hold the stock on? Get rid of that and just have the nut holding the stock in place.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top