Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2011 2:39:36 PM EDT

I wanted a really cheap shotgun for home defense, got this.. a cut down J.C. Higgins model 20. 18 1/2in barrel action is unbelievably smooth and it was dirt cheap. Anyone else have one of these? hows it shoot? I havent taken it out to the range yet

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:15:08 PM EDT
[#1]
IDK to be honest, just wanted to tell you that's a pretty shotgun ya got there.

FWIW, My dad has an old sears & robuck 20 gauge single shot, and its fun as hell to use.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:28:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

IDK to be honest, just wanted to tell you that's a pretty shotgun ya got there.

FWIW, My dad has an old sears & robuck 20 gauge single shot, and its fun as hell to use.

thanks
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:17:31 PM EDT
[#3]
It the same as a High Standard 200
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:28:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

It the same as a High Standard 200

yup, I'm aware of this.. not sure where that places it among shotguns though as far as quality is concerned, it seems like a decent gun though
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:34:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Nice looking shotgun and floor.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:49:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I wanted a really cheap shotgun for home defense, got this.. a cut down J.C. Higgins model 20. 18 1/2in barrel action is unbelievably smooth and it was dirt cheap. Anyone else have one of these? hows it shoot? I havent taken it out to the range yet

Unbelievably smooth actions come standard on JC Higgins model 20 shotguns.  The magazine cutoff is a neat feature, but I don't like the safety feature that doesn't let the trigger reset if you hold the trigger while closing the action.  YMMV, of course.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:08:59 AM EDT
[#7]
That model seems to be a favorite of some of the good farts around here who compete in "meat shoots." Not sure why they like this particular model, but they do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top