Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2007 8:37:16 AM EDT
Do the speedfeed stocks come with the stock bolt that attaches them to the receiver. I just ordered a Speedfeed IV-S stock and the stock bolt I have is kinda boogered up.

If they don't come with one, what size do I need?

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:35:15 PM EDT
[#1]
The last 2 I ordered did not come with any mounting hardware.  But it did mount right up with the existing hardware the was already on the gun.  If you original hardware is messed up, check Brownells for a replacement part.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:02:26 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The last 2 I ordered did not come with any mounting hardware.  But it did mount right up with the existing hardware the was already on the gun.  If you original hardware is messed up, check Brownells for a replacement part.

Interesting. Brownells sells 2 different lengths of stock bolt, 6 inches and 10 inches. The 10 incher is supposedly for synthetic stocks. I'm not sure which of these is correct, but I measured the stock bolt that I have with an older Speedfeed I stock and it is 8 inches.

Happen to know what length bolt goes with a Speedfeed IV-S stock?

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 1:52:43 PM EDT
[#3]
my speedfeed sets did come w/ the bolts

if you need a replacement bolt, check brownells' R 870 schematics for the part #
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 1:55:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
my speedfeed sets did come w/ the bolts

if you need a replacement bolt, check brownells' R 870 schematics for the part #

If you read my above post, I did check Brownells, they list 2 different stock bolts. A long one and a short one. Not sure which one I might need.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 2:06:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 3:05:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Speedfeed stocks which can use the factory bolt do not come with one. Stocks that require a new bolt come supplied with an appropriate bolt. Thats why some come with them and others dont.

Im sorry I dont know which length bolt you might need.

Thats what I was starting to suspect. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Speedfeed stocks which can use the factory bolt do not come with one. Stocks that require a new bolt come supplied with an appropriate bolt. Thats why some come with them and others dont.

Im sorry I dont know which length bolt you might need.

+1

my fault..read too fast

best bet is to either find a speedfeed bolt on brownells (if they have em) or contact speedfeed directly for a replacement bolt to fit thier model stock

i could have checked my stock rem stock bolt on my bird gun vs the one on my HD shotty w/ the speedfeed I, but my bird gun is at my folks' place...sorry
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top