Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2007 3:44:20 PM EDT
Well i just bought a tacstar sidesaddle but im not sure as to how the rounds should go. I try to push them in brass up from the top and they get stuck and don't seat all the way. When i put em brass down im afraid that the shells will fall when i start shooting. What is the correct way to load the sidesaddle?
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 3:50:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 4:31:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never lost any either. It's all personal preference, I load 4 00 brass down and two slugs brass up with the slugs being farthest from me.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 8:54:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Never had 'em fall out of my 870, but I have had them fall out of my Benelli M1 S90, which has a pretty violent action.  For me, I keep them up so I don't have to worry about it.  If you practice the difference in reloading time is minimal IMHO.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 9:14:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info. Went to the range and the brass down shells were held tight. Didn't move a bit.
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 3:47:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Brass up, otherwise sooner or later, Murphy will bite you in the ass.  Gravity never takes a day off.
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 4:01:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Brass up.
Link Posted: 8/5/2007 4:35:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I've never lost any either. It's all personal preference, I load 4 00 brass down and two slugs brass up with the slugs being farthest from me.

+1
Link Posted: 8/5/2007 7:09:38 PM EDT
[#8]
i do brass down...i've never had em fall out, but YMMV; 2 slugs on the back, 4 00 up front
Link Posted: 8/5/2007 7:56:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I have found it easier and faster (for me YMMV) to load them brass down.  I havn't had a problem with them falling out yet.  I use a mesa side saddle if it matters.
Link Posted: 8/5/2007 7:59:57 PM EDT
[#10]
In the HD role I have 4*00 buck brass down and two slugs brass up.  This lets me know what I'm loading.  In competition I load all brass down and flip the shotgun to reload, very fast.
Link Posted: 8/7/2007 5:11:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Brass down for shot & brass up (farthest away) for slugs also.  Never had any problems.
Link Posted: 8/8/2007 3:47:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Never had 'em fall out of my 870, but I have had them fall out of my Benelli M1 S90, which has a pretty violent action.  For me, I keep them up so I don't have to worry about it.  If you practice the difference in reloading time is minimal IMHO.

I use a 3 gun gear side saddle on my M1S90 and it has little rubber loops in the side wall of the saddle to keep them from slipping out. The shells get compressed against them.

Anyway I keep the brass facing down because I like to flip the shotgun over so the loading area is facing up. Shells get pulled up and simply slid into the tube. Works for me. It's simpler than down, around, and slid into the mag/tube.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:50:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top