Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 6:21:55 PM EDT
I am in the process of a custom tactical (I know...I know...we all hate that word) Rem 870 build-up.  My first box of parts/accessories came via UPS from Brownells today.  I ordered a Wilson Combat/Scattergun Technologies Tactical Response Jumbo Head Safety and a Vang Big Speed Safety.  I ordered both, because I wasn't sure which one I'd like best and both were cheap as far as parts go.  The Wilson was $12 ($9 with trade discount) and the Vang was $10 ($7 with trade discount).  The verdict is in.  I strongly prefer the Wilson.  The Vang is so oversized and dome shaped that it appears that it would be easily knocked off unintentionally.  It dramatically protrudes outside of the lines of the triggerguard.  The Wilson, while oversized in diameter, is flat headed and does not protrude outside the lines of the triggerguard.  It would be much easier to disengage with a gloved hand or under stress in combat, but should not be any more likely to be knocked off unintentionally.

Anyway, I followed the enclosed directions (yes I read them...and I know men aren't supposed to read directions) and used the recommended tools (a 1/16" pin punch and a small flathead screwdriver) and had the old safety out and the new one in in about 3 minutes.  The directions said to clamp the trigger group in a vise during the process, but I chose not to.  Looking back, it would have been completely unnecessary.

So if this is a modification you have been considering to your shotgun, don't hesitate because you don't think you can do it and don't want to pay a gunsmith.  I promise...if I can do it, anybody can.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:17:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Wanna sell me that used vang safety, since you dont like it?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:37:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Sure I would consider it.  Shoot me an e-mail.

[email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top