Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 7:01:27 AM EDT
I am in the process of a fairly traditional yet still tacticall shotgun buildup on an NFA 14" Rem 870.

But I am already planning my next build, and I am leaning toward the high-tech version with all the new bells and whistles just for kicks.

I like the looks of the combination of an AR15 stock adaptor and a Magpul stock on the 870 with an electronic sight (Aimpoint/Eotech), but I do not believe in electronic sights without iron sights as backup.  Is there anyone who makes a full length picatinny rail that works with an AR15 stock/pistolgrip adaptor that would allow me to mount an electronic sight in the middle somewhere with a flip up AR15 rear sight behind it and an AR15 flip up front sight toward the front?  I have seen some pictures by they don't list their parts sources.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:19:28 PM EDT
[#1]

thats an argonaut unit
they are now defunct but there is another company who bought their rights to build
I own one of the pistol grip setups and am in the middle of an almost exact build
but in 18"
same eotech and buis

look at mesa tactical
they are going to do it soon
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:51:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Exactly the setup I was referring to.  So are all the parts in the pic available?  It looks like there is a short receiver length rail attached to the AR15 adaptor, and then a full length rail attached to the short rail in the back and the barrel clamp in the front.  Then there are the seperate front and rear BUIS.  I would not be interested in the bayonet.  Is the company that bought the rights to Argonaut up and running?

I just read the last line in your post.  You are saying that Mesa is going to do a full length rail  soon?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:13:49 PM EDT
[#3]
those parts are available
I just have to find the link
the company is from canada
mesa from what I hear is developing the full length rail once they find a better way to mount the barrel mount for the rail...
there are a few of the argonaut pieces floating around
it took me about 6 months to find one and almsot the same for the knights rail that is pictured
hopefully my build will be done soon to post decent pics
I dont want to post it in mid build
it looks weird with the mishmosh of parts
and i want to paint it either desert tan or olive drab
or some form of camo
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:20:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, we have been working on a full-length rail for a while.  The only thing holding it up is a question regarding how to manufacture the front bracket (for a design we have that requires no tools to remove the barrel).  An intermediate design that uses a forward magazine clamp might see the light of day next quarter.

We have experiemented with co-witnessing BUIS systems and have run into difficulties because on an AR-15 the rail for the front sight is lowr than the rear rail.  So until now we haven't been able to find a BUIS combination that will work with a single long rail on a shotgun.

Something we have today that might serve your needs is our so-called "saddle rail" that attaches to the sides of our AR stock adapter:

We have tested this on shotguns equipped with Wilson Combat ghost ring sights and not only does the rail not interfere with the rear sight, you can actually sight down the empty rail.  This would not be a co-witness set-up, but would work if your optic was mounted using an ARMs or LaRue quick release mount.  If the optic failed, you'd remove it and use the ghost ring.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:42:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:28:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:51:25 PM EDT
[#7]
anyone figure o ut what buis will line up correctly on the same rail
ie the knights ras or anything similar?
I just cant see bolting on that front sight...
the troys dont line up? as in the picture that i posted earlier?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:10:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:18:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

That looks pretty sharp. Can you still use your side saddle? Whats the cost of the pictured unit, I could not find it on your website.

Its still in the R&D phase is my guess
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:22:02 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
That looks pretty sharp. Can you still use your side saddle? Whats the cost of the pictured unit, I could not find it on your website.

We are just back from SHOT.

They are shipping now.  We just got the production units in as we left for SHOT.  They are different from the photo in that they use flathead mounting screws with countersinks.  This means the mounting screws are self-centering and the set-up will usually hold zero if it is removed and re-installed (with the optic still on it).

You can use one of our adapter mount shell holders with this.  The adapter mount shell holders use the same mounting holes.  However, you will lose the advantage of the countersinks on the side where you install the shell holder.

They will be on line before the end of the week.  We have a lot of catching up to do after a spectacular SHOT Show.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:05:25 PM EDT
[#11]
what are the options, if any, for someone who would like to do the following with an 870:
rails system for red-dot
left, side saddle (4 or 6)
sling mount
still be able to use ghost ring sight

but all that with a Knoxx spec-ops?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:44:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
what are the options, if any, for someone who would like to do the following with an 870:
rails system for red-dot
sling mount

We'll have something for you in about 90 days, assuming you are using a Wilson sight.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:55:02 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
rails system for red-dot
sling mount

We'll have something for you in about 90 days, assuming you are using a Wilson sight.

90days! damnit. thats awesome but I was looking to take that setup to a class i have in april :) so close though..
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:34:59 AM EDT
[#14]
tag
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:12:08 AM EDT
[#15]
pricey but LPA ghost rings sights w/ rail mount and tritium option also.

LPA ghost rings
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top