Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 6:16:48 PM EDT
I am thinking about purchasing this shotgun: www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976678952.htm but I don't like the finish. I like the standard police flat black finish, and the wilson combat finish.

Does anyone know how much it costs to refinish it? I was also going to get a vent rib barrel for it (well 2, one cut down and one full size for clays)

Also, it the ad says it's a police gun, and it looks like it says  police on the receiver. Can anyone confirm?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:50:25 PM EDT
[#1]
That IS the standard Remington Police gun finish.
Remington replaced the old oxide satin black finish many years ago with military-grade parkerizing.

Remington Police guns have a dark gray parkerized finish because Remington says it's is 60% more durable than bluing.

Currently, Remington only lists ONE 870P Police gun with the old satin black finish, and that's a plain-jane standard magazine, wood stock gun.

From the picture that's a Police gun, but I can't make out the receiver stamps.
The seller SAYS it's a Police gun, so I'd assume it is.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:05:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you know a good place to get an 870 refinished.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:20:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:32:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Ikor, do you have pictures of the flat black one?

Thanks
Jason
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:08:02 AM EDT
[#5]
ttt
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:50:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Texas Armament Co. 905 Pecan Street. Brownwood, TX 76801. Phone: (915) 646-5827

They park'd an 870HD for me, along with an SGT mag tube extension (so as to match afterwards). They're good people; super fast return shipping, the finish was flawless, and all roll-marks were still sharp and crisp in appearance.
IIRC, it was $80 (which included return shipping).  

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:55:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Cool thanks. Do you happen to have any pics?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:21:41 PM EDT
[#8]
It's Parkerized.  That's one of the best finishes you can get.  It's what the military uses.  If you really must have a different finish, I would not refinish, rather I'd have one of the teflon coatings available on the market applied directly over the Parkerizing.  The Parkerizing provides an outstanding porous base for the teflon finish to adhere to.  I'd sent it to Walter Birdsong to have the Black T applied over the existing Parkerizing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top