Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 10:52:14 AM EDT
I have never been a big shotgunner.  I have a Mossberg 500 with 18" barrel that I shot trap with a few times and for when things go bump in the night.

I just picked up a new Benelli M2 tactical version with the 18.5" barrel and ghost ring sights.  It came with 3 chokes and I am confused about which one I should use for home defense or for informal trap shooting.

It came with a full, modified and improved cylinder.  Is the only way to know how it will pattern with each is to shoot at man size targets?  How tight a pattern is desireable for home defense, i.e. 10 yard down the stairs shots?  thanks and sorry for the newbie questions.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:59:17 AM EDT
[#1]
improved cylinder is best suited (from what you have)  for slugs.
full will give tou the tightest pattern  
modified in the middle.

i can not offer you an opinion about which you would use for buckshot
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top