Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2005 10:30:58 PM EDT
I took my Remmy 1100 - 18" to the range this week to pattern it.

I used the loads I run for 3 gun / home defense - 00 buck, 000 buck and slugs.

At 50 yards, the buck shot must have been 36".  Now, I knew it would be spread - but gimme a brake!  

Slugs were point of aim - no surprise there.

Is this just missed expectations or should I be looking at another setup?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:44:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Not too unusual. Try more choke (its a screw-in, right ?). Try different load/brands. My 3-gun shotty is a 21" 1187 with a sawn off barrel - no choke at all. It spreads like crazy, which is great for static clays but sucks for long-range poppers. When extra punch is required, I switch to hotter birdshot or buck.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:41:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I use a 20" barrel, I switch between improved cylinder or modified choke for 3-gunning. You can get by with an 18" barrel if you put on the right choke for the COF. If you don't have chokes look into threading the barrel.  If you have a decent choke system the only thing limiting you with the 18" Barrel is round capacity. My mag-tube lines up even with my barrel and I can fit 8+1. I suppose you could put an 8 shot mag on an 18" but it would stick out a couple or more inches and it would take away any handling advantage a smaller barrel gives you.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top