Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 8:21:38 AM EDT
Does anyone know where I can get the (factory I think) 14" (or shorter) barrels for my 870? I am registering it as a SBS and I would like to have a replacement barrel and not a cut one.  Thanks
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:34:59 AM EDT
[#1]
CDNNinvestments.com has them.  I didn't see them in their last catalog.  You'd prolly have to call them.  They'll only ship to the addy on your NFA form.

I got one on gunbroker a while back.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:17:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I just contacted them and no luck. Any one eles with suggestions?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:19:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:21:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Jerrys Is a no go eithor. They only accept Dept purchases.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:49:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I just contacted them and no luck. Any one eles with suggestions?

REALLY?

They had them in all kinds of configs not too long ago.  I was going to buy one from them.  Did they say they were out?

Anyway.  Like I said, I got one on gunbroker.com without the hastle of providing a copy of my form whatever.  I don't even remember what I paid for it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:30:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Does anyone know where I can get the (factory I think) 14" (or shorter) barrels for my 870? I am registering it as a SBS and I would like to have a replacement barrel and not a cut one.  Thanks

I am just curious but why don't you want a cut one? More legal hassle?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:28:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I just like the ideal of having an origional barrel, its just personal preference.  I know it doesnt mean a thing however I just feel more comfortable purchasing one in reguard to legal reasons. I just think it sounds better to say I purchased a NFA barrel for a NFA weapon rather than "he sawed the barrel off of his shotgun". I know in all reality it doesnt mean spit but it puts me a little more at ease.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:17:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I just like the ideal of having an origional barrel, its just personal preference.  I know it doesnt mean a thing however I just feel more comfortable purchasing one in reguard to legal reasons. I just think it sounds better to say I purchased a NFA barrel for a NFA weapon rather than "he sawed the barrel off of his shotgun". I know in all reality it doesnt mean spit but it puts me a little more at ease.  

If your shotgun is registered as a SBS what is ther to be uneasy about?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:40:13 AM EDT
[#9]
There is technically nothing to be uneasy about. I am just saying for arguements sake if a question ever did come up I think it would sound better that I had a a purchased NFA barrel for a NFA weapon. Saying I sawed off the barrel just presents a bad immage like  Randy Weaver dispite having my paperwork in order.  I think its better to be over concerned than not concerned enough. Once again its just my personal preference even though its completly legal to do it yourself.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:47:19 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm with you.  I registered a Colt 6450 as a Short Barrel Rifle.  I COULD just have the barrel cut down on my original 16" upper - but why cut a perfectly good barrel?  

I'm going to SBS a shotgun next year, and will do the same thing you're trying to do: purchase an OEM barrel for it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:56:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Seems like Gunbroker and AuctionaArms used to have a number of them availalble
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:41:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Are you looking for NEW only?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:02:58 AM EDT
[#13]
No I would be interested in a decent condition used barrel.  Cosmetics are not that important, after all the SBS is my old 870 police trade in.  I would prefer parkerizing though however all others still would be considered.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:27:04 AM EDT
[#14]
I got your email.  I'll send you an IM.

Make that an email.  Your profile is not accepting IMs!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top