Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2005 11:50:32 PM EDT
I just got a Vang Comp big head safety, and put that into my gun this week (It was really easy btw), and I was playing with putting Vang's steel follower in the tube, when I found my "PROBLEM".

This is a used ex-police 870 wingmaster, and I haven't shot it.  After I got the follower in, I shoved some shells in to see how it would go.  When I got about 5 shells in, all of a sudden they started popping back out, and jammed up the gun.  I had to pull the trigger out to clear the jam.

It seems that the tang that holds the shells in is either worn or bent in.  I checked out one at a local gun store, and that is what it appeared to be.

Is this a simple household repair?  Gunsmith?  Or, something else??

I'm not adverse to tearing my guns apart!!!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:19:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top