Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2005 11:21:31 AM EDT
I am looking at buying the FN Tactical Police Shotgun.  It comes with either a fixed choke backbored ported barrel or a screw-in choke with ported barrel.  Any recommendations on which model to go with and what the difference really means?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:44:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am looking at buying the FN Tactical Police Shotgun.  It comes with either a fixed choke backbored ported barrel or a screw-in choke with ported barrel.  Any recommendations on which model to go with and what the difference really means?

Although I have no meaningful experience with the particular model you're looking at, maybe I can help... I'll ALWAYS take the ability to change chokes any time I can - for example:

A typical 18" to 21" smoothbore slug barrel will usually shoot slugs it's best with an IC choke, and pattern buckshot well with that, Cyl, modified(or I.M.), or full - and I could turkey hunt with either an extra or superfull...  so, one barrel/2 or 3 chokes - and you'll be able to cover several uses very well... Backboring is said to improve patterns and sometimes reduce felt recoil, but I've always managed quite well without it by finding a load/choke/pattern that'll be able to get it done...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:58:12 PM EDT
[#2]
George is right. If you have to chose between a shotgun barrel with chokes and one without always go for the one with chokes.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:12:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:26:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Chokes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top