Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2005 8:00:57 PM EDT
I recieved my shotgun shell holders made by Esstac from Ar-15 contributor Brassburn (gwentac). I have to admit initial impressions are very favorable. They are extrmely heavy duty. I had loaded them up with some buck shot to check fit, retention and so forth. Unexpectedly they got a try out last night. I had my 870 in my bedroom empty. I had just put the velcro on the side saddle plate earlier in the day. I went to bed and after a little while my dogs outside went beserk. I went to the closet for my duty weapon and nothing. I forgot I had locked it in my safe. The 870 was sitting there so I grabbed on of the shot card and slapped it on the side as I went toward the door loading rounds. It turned out to be nothing but a deer. I really liked the way it worked though. I am getting ready to redo my home defense shotgun. I dont want to leave it loaded since my kids are getting bigger so I will probably do the same to that keeping the shells in my headboard. These are stayin on my duty shotgun. Now if they could only get them in black...
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:35:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:41:49 AM EDT
[#2]
pics?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:16:51 AM EDT
[#3]
heres a link  http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=1&t=171078&page=22

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:29:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I got mine about 10 days ago.  Love them.  I used Shoe Goo to mount the velcro to the receiver.

Sounds like you yave a pretty good plan (kids).

So was it deer season yet?

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 1:05:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I want one of those for my Benelli.  How do I go about making this happen?  Who do I pay?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 12:44:12 AM EDT
[#6]
No it was not deer season yet and it was a young one. I have a lot of them out there. They often graze
right next to my cows. A few years ago I pulled into my driveway after working a double. I sae the biggest whitetail buck I have ever seen. It had to be over 20 pts. It was almost the size of a small elk. I had a 12 gauge and an Ar-15 and was so shcked it walked away......

contact Brassburn to purchase the cards. He hase them on his web Gwentac.com
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:08:29 AM EDT
[#7]

so if i'm understanding what he is saying is that he is keeping an  unloaded shotgun unsecured and tricking his kids by putting the ammo in the headboard...if that is right i don't think much of it, unless his kids are really small or really dumb.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:16:27 AM EDT
[#8]
While I wont touch that comment with a 10 foot pole, I will put in a very good word for gwentac.com.  The guy who runs it us really on the ball.  I ordered 2 cards and I'll report back when I get them, but if Jeff's attitude is reflective of the quality of the product, it will be excellent.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:41:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

so if i'm understanding what he is saying is that he is keeping an  unloaded shotgun unsecured and tricking his kids by putting the ammo in the headboard...if that is right i don't think much of it, unless his kids are really small or really dumb.

OKLA-LAwman upon reflection i've decided that my response might be interpreted wrongly.  I don't mean that i think you have stupid kids.  Its just that i have 3 young'uns myself and was basically looking to elicite more info... i couldn't really find any emoticons that expressed that.  I figure that you being a lawman that you are aware of the kinds of trouble kids can get into.  

so anyway ..sorry.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:21:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I live in a county outside my jurisdiction. It has 8 total deputies assigned to partrol. Their response time is rediculous. My neightbors at the end of my driveway have been burglarized a total of 14 times.
Most of my guns are kept locked up in a safe. I keep either a 12 guage or an ar in my bedroom in the closet. I had went to the ar cause I could keep the magazine in the drawer under my bed. These card will allow me to do the same. My kids are not idiots. My oldest two can field strip an 870 quicker and better than most cops I know. They have their own guns, single shots. They are kept locked in the safe downstairs. All ammo is stored in a seperate locked safe. All my kids are trained from the time the were old enough to walk about guns. If they see one they are to tell me or mommy. I even test this ocassionally. My older kids I am not worried about as the were acclamated to guns and it is not a mystery or special. They know that if they want to shoot just ask. The seperate ammo is for my 2 young kids. They are too young. For them and in case of a child comes over that does not know about guns is why the seperate ammo. Generally if I know my kids are having company all guns go in to the
safe. The seperate ammo is just a precautionary messure. More than one time a week have to go investigate the dogs barking and so forth. I also have cattle and stray dogs, coyotes and so forth are a constant threat. A few years back I lost 14 head of registered Limosene cattle to dogs. I am not going to go down stairs undo 2 safes  to do what I have to do. Ammo, seperate but readily available
is called for. I have looked at some sort of locks for the gun but have yet found one fastest enough.
I think the shot shell card seperate from the gun is a working idea. First they would have to get the gun out of the closet. Find the shot shell card and load the shotgun. I, on the other hand could do that fairly quicky.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top