Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2005 2:02:24 PM EDT
I'm looking for a good high quality general purpose auto. A few birds a little skeet etc. I probably won't shoot it that much but I generally buy high quality and I'm OK up to $1500 or so.

I have a chance to buy a new Benelli Super Black Eagle (I) in the box for $875.00. Synthetic stock. I think this is a pretty good deal although I haven't checked around yet.

I'm concerned about the fit though. I'm very short at 5' 5" and the length of pull is a little long for me. Is it possible to work with the stock/recoil pad to shorten the pull? Sure hate to pass up a deal.

Thanks for any advice of any kind.

Bought it yesterday. It was a good price so I figured I couldn't loose. $875 out the door new in the box with 4 additional choke tubes etc.. Now to break it in and think about shortning the pull a little.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:28:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:15:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Rocketman-

$875 for a NIB Benelli SBE is a great deal. I paid $950 for a 24" black SBE several years ago.

The SBE is a great shotgun, I use it for hunting and sporting clays.

Chris
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:30:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys....another question....

Does it shoot only 3 1/2 inch shells? I'm not really recoil sensitive but I was also wondering about the ammo cost. As you can tell I've been out of the scatter gun market a long time.

Hunting and sporting clays is exactly what I'd be doing with it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:00:37 PM EDT
[#4]
It'll shoot all size shells, no problem at all. I routinely shoot 3.5's at geese, and then shoot 2.75 3 drams at doves without issue. No modifications whatsoever, nothing to adjust, just load it and shoot it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:43:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks guys....another question....

Does it shoot only 3 1/2 inch shells? I'm not really recoil sensitive but I was also wondering about the ammo cost. As you can tell I've been out of the scatter gun market a long time.

Hunting and sporting clays is exactly what I'd be doing with it.

Glad to hear that you bought the SBE Rocketman  You will love the Benelli. The SBE will shoot 2 3/4, 3" and 3 1/2" shells. When I got my SBE I loaded the gun with 2 3/4, 3 and 3 1/2 shells had shot the gun as fast as I could and the SBE would not jam.

Enjoy!

Chris
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:22:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Remember it may not cycle completely if you use shells less than 1+1/8 oz.  Happy shooting!  My SBE is my "do-all" gun.  (except for slugs)
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:36:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Remember it may not cycle completely if you use shells less than 1+1/8 oz. Happy shooting! My SBE is my "do-all" gun. (except for slugs)

Why not for slugs? I bent over and took it like a man and ponied up for the slug barrel and a nice piece of Nikon glass to go on it. It's a tack driver as far as slug guns go, and groups well with many types of slugs. I prefer the lightfield commanders though. BTW, the "modified forend" is NOT needed to use the slug barrel. It's tight but the BB forend fits fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top